New wif- fi service for Mojacar/ Vera/ Palomares hopefully coming soon

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

It has been mentioned in one of the development forums that Europa Digital are trialling a new wi- fi service for the surrounding area, so I thought I would post here as well as not everyone in the area visits that forum. Apparently the service will be available for around €25 per month and will also be available PAYG (that is the important bit for me).

"They are hoping to have a service covering the area between Villaricos and Mojacar within the next 8 weeks or so.  They are trying to get a booster set up on the Galasa water plant building on the hill where the masts are (above Al Andalus Veranda) so the signal will be very strong.  At the moment we are receiving a low signal, but that is mainly due to card in my laptop.  We are the first to try out the system for the next month or so.  The estimated cost for the service will be between 20 and 25 euros per month but Richard said it will be a pay as you go system whereby people can log on and pay for an hour, day, week, month or year, they are using PayPal so it is very secure.   This is very cheap compared to what other providers are charging, about half price to what I am paying at the moment.  Eventually he hopes to provide a telephone service (I think it's called iPhone) and television throught the PC, but that will be some time off yet."

Sounds like an excellent service to me and much better than the 3G dongles currently needed unless you are lucky enough to live near a hotspot.

Mark

Like 0      
28 Jun 2008 4:01 PM by scampi Star rating in London & Alfaix nr. .... 91 posts Send private message

scampi´s avatar
Hi - i'm moving to Alfaix,nr los Gallardos for the summer and permanently from january. Do you know if this servic will coveer their?

Like 0      
28 Jun 2008 4:29 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Not sure on my geography of the area yet. You might try a PM to wetone as he is the person trialling the system at the moment.

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Tow Bars and ITV Testing... - 12 posts
Weather reports - 4 posts
Good deals with Easyjet and Ryan air - 8 posts
Buying Inland Murcia - 2 posts
PAYING A TAX FOR RENTING OUT PROPERTY EVEN WHEN YOU DONT RENT - 6 posts
investors who buy off plan or prefer completed properties in todays market - 3 posts
Entertainer Looking For Work - 6 posts
Has anybody heard anything - 0 posts
Sorry, but I'm leaving ... - 3 posts
Help I am the only one - 0 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL NEEDED - MARBELLA AREA - 1 BED - 1 posts
hello i'm new here!!! - 0 posts
white goods - 2 posts
any one bought in playa mojacar - 0 posts
Sayalonga agents - 0 posts
Going to Gibraltar / La Linea in October. looking for some help!!!! - 3 posts
New Book Shop- Costa Del Sol - 0 posts
Can your rent a property without a first occupancy license ? - 1 posts
dodgy builders - 7 posts
Inheritance Tax - 1 posts
Anyone living or working in Gibraltar??? - 3 posts
mijas11 development BUENAVISTA MIJAS (OVP) - 7 posts
grace period for mortgage defaulters - 1 posts
Moving to Spain - 0 posts
Ethical Code for Local Councils - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x