THE RAIN IN SPAIN FALLS MAINLY EVERYWHERE

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Anyone planning on arriving on the CDS imminently the rain is here .......BIG TIME: The N340 is currently being patrolled by submarines instead of police patrol - have seen a few Great Whites on my travels today too or was that Juan Panzon. Mucho lluvia and a lot of standing water - as per usual the drains cannot cope with the torrents of water. Went through a puddle this afternoon in an area not familiar with - the water was lapping at the bottom of the door - no I dont drive a Ferrari. Roads treacherous so drive carefully. No doubt this will be the way of things for February.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
03 Feb 2007 5:54 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
It's dry here in the UK, nurrrrrrrrr.

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
03 Feb 2007 6:15 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Bet you all the profit you make from your guide that we will have a dryer, hotter, sunnier year than you do - even sunny Suwwy. 

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
03 Feb 2007 10:47 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/16/2007.

Like 0      
04 Feb 2007 12:01 AM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

oh no!!! we are thinking of buying in Playa Flamenca Janice. Do we need to bring boats and wellies?????? We have just had a lovely sunny ,dry, day in Hull, we nearly sat out in our garden!!!!

Dont put us off!!!!!   PLEASE! xx

Like 0      
04 Feb 2007 1:08 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
04 Feb 2007 9:57 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
We've had a terrible few days of rain.  When it rains here it REALLY rains.

Still, the sun is out again today, let's hope it stays out for a bit...we've missed you Sun!

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
04 Feb 2007 11:45 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi JPD

We own in Playa Flamenca, where are you thinking of buying?

And no, it's NOT like that at all!

We just had Xmas/New Year out there, it was glorious!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
04 Feb 2007 12:22 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
04 Feb 2007 12:25 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Hi Fibby dont really know where abouts. have just picked lots of properties off internet. Coming over on 20th Feb to have a good look. We are buying in Almoradi but have been waiting so long as its off plan, fancy a bit nearer sea and night life etc. Any feed back would be much appreciated

John and Trish xx

Like 0      
04 Feb 2007 12:28 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar
Oh forgot to say, yes we were in Almoradi for Christmas thats when we 'found' Playa Flamenca. We sat round the pool every day! 20th dec to 30th dec it was lovely! xx

Like 0      
04 Feb 2007 1:47 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi JPD

There are new apartments being built in front of ours. They are called El Rincon, part of the Alemda del Mar development.

they are the only ones I know of near the sea in Playa Flamenca, but down the road in Punta Prima, there are also new builds near the sae. However, i have heard they are a bit pricy and are very close together.

If you are looking at re-sales, there is a good agent in Punta Prima called Benneke (think that's how you spell it), seems to have the most for sale in the area.

Good luck with your house hunting, let me know how you get on.

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
04 Feb 2007 2:54 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Hi fibby, yes been on that Bennecke site got some printed off. We are looking at resale this time, bit of a bad experience with off plan (but thats a different story). We would just like to be a bit closer than 10min drive to beach for when our daughters come out on their own so they dont have to hire a car. They are 19 and 17 and we wanted bit of everything for best price we can get.  Is it a nice area then?

Thanks John and Trish x

Like 0      
04 Feb 2007 4:04 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Clear blue skies and have been at the beach bar this lunchtime in a tee shirt soaking up the rays! Not bad for a sunday afternoon!! (Marbella)

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
04 Feb 2007 6:34 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi JPD,]

Well I have to say it's a nice area as we bought there! But have a look on another thread "Wahts' your area like", I gave a description and people agreed with me.

It's flat, no climbing up hills after a night out at the pub.

It's a ten minute walk to the beach. Just walk to the N332 - 5mins - cross the road at the roundabaout by Lidls (not busy, always slow moving), walk over the cliff tops to the beach - 5 mins.

There is a commercial centre close by with loads of different nationality eating houses, lots of bars and late nif life if you want it. But the centre is located such that none of it interfers with residents. A lot of it is lower (underground) that the houses so the noise doesn't travel.

There are numerous choices of supermarkets, even down to Corte de Englais (not sure of spelling), and all within walking distace.

If you like Go Karts, they are there too!

The bigest plus is that the area is being developed to include a marina, which will bring lots of people (rentals) to the area.

Let me know how you get on,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
04 Feb 2007 8:14 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Thanks for the info Fibby, just seen a penthouse on La Calma area. Put that in our list to see.

We found the commercial centre and although quiet at Christmas seemed good to us. Had a nice Italian there and a few drinks in one of the bars!!!

We are really looking forward to getting out and having a look. Will let you know if we find somewhere,

thanks again John and Trish x

Like 0      
05 Feb 2007 7:25 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Been a lovely day today as well - just cant bloody tell with the weather here - car temp guage hit 20 degrees today and someone told me it was registering 22 in Marbella this afternoon - mind you probably one of the dodgy ones in the street that are normally several degrees out

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Satellite Navigation - 5 posts
Freeview Digital Tuners - 1 posts
TV shows about the Costas - 145 posts
Property Management - 6 posts
Lloyds TSB UK & Spain - 3 posts
Snagging Time - 15 posts
Sharp fall in house sales to foreign purchasers on the Costa del Sol - 11 posts
CHILD´S BED FOR SALE. - 0 posts
Spanish Healthcare - 6 posts
Warning! Builder in serious trouble in Monte S.Juan - 1 posts
Ford Focus, 5 Dr, 1.6 Petrol, 3600 Euros - 6 posts
List your items for sale for free - 2 posts
I want to sell my car - 6 posts
English lawyer/ solicitor required specilising in "Spanish Law" to try and get our money back! - 26 posts
MEMBERS .. PLEASE LOOK IN HERE & TAKE NOTE. THANK YOU - 47 posts
Any Spanish people in Atlanta? - 5 posts
Guaranteed Rental Income, too good to be true??? - 36 posts
Any views on Parador - 17 posts
Las Tejas, Mogan, Gran Canaria - 8 posts
LFO for Los Lagos rejected August 16th - 3 posts
Breach of Contract - 71 posts
Breach of Contract? - 2 posts
"Pain in Spain" programme .. - 2 posts
paid a refundable deposit and not been able to get it back? - 4 posts
Website for small loads from UK - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 17

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x