Large items and the Spanish postal service

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We are thinking about buying a travel cot in the UK and sending it out to Spain. Does anyone have experience of receiving large items at all on a gated urbanisation? I know the normal post is put into one large letterbox at Resort and a kind resident sorts it to all the pigeon holes. Problem is that the travel cot won't fit in the hole!!

Do we:

a) Take it as lugage on the flight considering we have already booked and are only taking hand luggage or
b) entrust it to Royal Mail and hope it ens up somewhere around the time we will be there?

Thanks

Mark

Like 0      
10 Jun 2008 5:59 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar
Look in the adds in the local free news papers. There are always vans going to and from the UK.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2008 6:52 PM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar
If you have a keyholder for your house, it may be worth looking through Costa Blanca News or similar online for small ads for man & van.   There are always several going back and forth.  We have today had our pushbikes collected in England plus a few other items to be delivered to Murcia sometime next week.  Going rate seems to be about £125 per cu metre, so if you have other items to get to Spain, it's not too bad.

This message was last edited by llamacalmer on 6/10/2008.

R
osemary

Owner of  8 stray Spanish mutts

Like 0      
10 Jun 2008 7:08 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Folks, just back from 3 months in Spain brilliant.   Mark you might find it cheaper to buy a travel cot in Spain our key holder bought one for someone coming out , it  cost 35euros, It might be another option for you I can find out where they bought it from if you like   Regards Pat 

Like 0      
10 Jun 2008 7:18 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hi Pat

The ones I have seen seem to be about £30 in the UK, it's only for the rentals not personal use. I am open to buying one in Spain, but it would need to be near (ish) to Vera/ Mojacar as it will be my Wife that would be collecting it.

Mark

Like 0      
10 Jun 2008 7:33 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Mark, yes you are quite a way from us I believe it was a baby shop in Quesda.  I know Carrefour do them but I think they said they were more expensive.  But their must be baby shops near where you are although they do seem to be few and far between.     Well good luck Pat

Like 0      
11 Jun 2008 8:16 AM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
When receiving a large packet in the post, if no one is there (or as in your case you live in a gated urbanisation) a note will be left in the letter box and you will have this note to the post office and collect the package from there.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2008 8:24 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
That's the information I was hoping to hear .

Many thanks

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HP printer info please - 4 posts
EOS Meet - 21 posts
Moving to spain for 1 year..initially.. - 6 posts
Dishwasher Engineer - 3 posts
Hi new member-Polaris World - 2 posts
revenge.....my stupid girlfriend just........ - 0 posts
revenge.....my stupid girlfriend just........ - 0 posts
Looking for unfurnished Apartment in Sabinillas - 0 posts
Ford dealers near Mojacar/Vera - 4 posts
whats the difference between...................... - 3 posts
whats the difference between...................... - 6 posts
next step from the institute - 5 posts
TAXI FROM FUENGIROLA STATION TO CALAHONDA - 5 posts
villas around pilar de la horadada area - 0 posts
Spanish Truckers going to strike - 16 posts
my stupid boyfriend says...................... - 26 posts
San Jose NO DEEDS - 12 posts
where to buy BBQ gas - 14 posts
Help please in finding Wayne Stoneman - 5 posts
Alicante airport to San Javier - 41 posts
Taking dog to Spain from N>Ireland - 7 posts
I Need A Cleaner Not Key Holder That Cleans! - 9 posts
adapters to fit an imperial pipe to a metric plumbing system - 4 posts
social services - 17 posts
Hello I'm new also - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x