Can you drink the water?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Jun 2008 10:27 AM by sallieg Star rating in estepona. 18 posts Send private message

of course I am talking about municiple water - if your water supply is from a well not from the local water company then get the quality checked and keep your deposit spotless.

Like 0      
04 Nov 2008 9:53 PM by HAWKINGS111 Star rating in Las Filipinas. Spain.... 290 posts Send private message

HAWKINGS111´s avatar
Well, with bottled water at around 50 cents for 5 litres, i.e. about 42p, we would rather do that than take the risk of an upset tummy.

Just food for thought this one: [or drink]

In the middle of July we had a fridge and a freezer delivered by Carrefour and the temp. must have been mid nineties and the couple of nice spanish guys who delivered them were dripping with sweat and one of them asked if they could possibly have a drink of water. I said yes and went inside only to find for the very first time that we had run out. Sorry i said but i will run the tap for you for a cold drink. No thanks said one of them with a smile.

We still dont drink the water.   Bob.

Now  Retired and have our money back in FULL via our bank guarantee.    Bob and Pauline.

Like 0      
05 Nov 2008 8:45 AM by www.costadelazaharbuilders.co.nr Star rating in oliva costa blanca. 38 posts Send private message

www.costadelazaharbuilders.co.nr´s avatar
Hi all 
I would advise you not to drink the water from the old house here in spain alot of the propertys have and are still using Asbestos tanks to store water on the roofs which the sun is on all day and Lead water pipes in the walls make your own mind up but thats not my cup of tea. lol

Like 0      
05 Nov 2008 3:14 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

I'm surprised they use Asbestos tanks to store water on the roofs as asbestos is dangerous to our health & should be banned.

Does anyone know how easy it is to get Brita filter replacement in Spain & how much does a filter cost?

This message was last edited by Forhotspot on 11/5/2008.

Like 0      
05 Nov 2008 8:18 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

On Sunday we went walking in Santa Ana del Monte, near Jumilla, with Spanish friends.  We stopped near the Monasterio for a drink of water (we had walked uphill and it was a lovely warm morning).  John and I had a bottle of water, as did our friend Juana, however her husband and his sister drank from the fountain -  which had a big sign saying "Agua no potable"!  We met Juana today and I am happy to report that her husband and sister-in-law are still well!

Sue

PS John recycles the water that we use to wash vegetables in, by pouring it over our plants and they also look very healthy!

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
14 Jun 2013 3:50 AM by ashely Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Against forum rules- Advertising **

Wishes
Ashely

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 14/06/2013.

Like 0      
14 Jun 2013 12:33 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

They make the ice cubes out of it that go in your drinks.

They wash their hands in it, then touch your food.

They wash the dishes and cutlery, might be hot?..might only be cold or warm.

They wash vegetables and salad stuff in the sink with it.

They serve you your beer in a frozen glass that's been dunked in it.

And then we dont drink it.

Like 0      
14 Jun 2013 12:41 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

You can get Brita filters in any supermarket - Carrefour, Consum etc. don't know how much they cost exactly but I seem to remember they were reasonably priced.

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
14 Jun 2013 12:47 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

You can get Brita filters in any supermarket - Carrefour, Consum etc. don't know how much they cost exactly but I seem to remember they were reasonably priced.

What ever the price they are a whole lot cheaper then a weeks worth of the two-bob-bits.

Like 0      
26 May 2017 7:08 PM by Uknowwhatimeanharry Star rating in Ask Harry. 22 posts Send private message

Uknowwhatimeanharry´s avatar

I have noticed lately that our tap water is really smelly, (La Maurda) quite unpleasant even for just washing. I think it’s always been a bit iffy but now worse.

There is some large water contraption in the garage and I think it takes some sort of salt tablets but I have not used it for years (unplugged electrically)  It was expensive and nearly gave me an heart attack filling it with the sacks.

Any advice.

This message was last edited by Uknowwhatimeanharry on 26/05/2017.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Site Clearence has started - 15 posts
Good agents on the CDS - 1 posts
Wifi - 2 posts
paying the sellers tax on a re-sale purchase - 8 posts
Phoning a Spanish mobile - 12 posts
E.O.S.VIDEO - 9 posts
New rules for empadonamiento, again - 2 posts
Morerosado is leaving - 34 posts
Ryanair to start flying from London Stansted to Madrid - 0 posts
Spanish Airport Guide Newletter - 13 posts
New Airport at Corvera - 1 posts
Agencis Tributaria Renta return - 3 posts
Easyjet discounts: Book by June 10th for June 16th to July 17th flights, all flights ! - 3 posts
Furnishing bedroom for rental - which beds? - 2 posts
Driving from Santander to Guardamar - 12 posts
Arrohabitage Don JUAN cARVAJAL - 1 posts
Health Insurance - 1 posts
Spanish Universities - 26 posts
i need a mortgage for apartment an looking for the best deal help - 7 posts
Casoir - 3 posts
Healthcare - 16 posts
Are you coming this summer? - 53 posts
Long term rental required on La Torre - 0 posts
Communal pool regulations in Valencia - 3 posts
New Ruling for Registering on the Padron - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 30

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x