Restaurants in Elviria?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 May 2008 12:00 AM by plexx Star rating in Hertfordshire & Elvi.... 131 posts Send private message

plexx´s avatar
Can anyone recommend a good one?  Not Chinese or Indian food.

Like 0      
31 May 2008 10:46 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter
Hi Plexx - since you've had no responses I thought I'd reply!  I was in Elviria two years ago and found a lovely fondu place in a little commercial centre just off the main road - really don't know the location properly but we stayed at the Marriott timeshare place on the beach and had to cross the bridge and the centre was just on the left.  There was also a wonderful, though pricey, restaurant on the beach maybe a mile or so from Marriott - heading into Marbella.

Sorry to be so vague but thought this might be better than nothing!

Like 0      
31 May 2008 5:55 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

It's called the Fondue Lounge - see review on Restaurant Reviews

Like 0      
31 May 2008 5:58 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
And .........The Beach House - very good. That's on Restaurant Reviews as well

Like 0      
01 Jun 2008 11:00 AM by plexx Star rating in Hertfordshire & Elvi.... 131 posts Send private message

01 Jun 2008 11:34 AM by promedia Star rating in Cheshire/Riviera del.... 134 posts Send private message

well the last 2 reccommendations have hit the mark for your first 2 nights and that will take a lot of beating, however i also tries that italian in the corner behind the fondu lounge and that was spectacular, there is also a small but intemate restaurant a couple of doors to the right of the italian that is getting rave reviews and the mediteranian restaurant in the middle looks pricy, but nice so thats 5 nights covered within 1000 sq mts and the bar next door to the fondu lounge has entertainment on a few evenings a week.

If you have a car, head back towards Calahonda and Riviera del sol and go to maxs beach restaurant, its Beach side by the n340 at the riviera del sol, not much to look at from the front, but the huge decking at the back overlooking the sea is brilliant and the food....Belgium owners and food origins, i've never had a bad meal yet, with lots of different choices.......one of our most enjoyable evenings everytime we go. Phone and book and ask to sit on the upper decking area its just worth it as its a little quieter and the service is better.

Enjoy

Ian Cook - Golf Gardens Miraflores - The best place to live on the Costa del Sol

"A day without sunshine is like.................night"

Like 0      
01 Jun 2008 5:38 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
I 100% agree - the Max Beach restaurant is VERY GOOD

Like 0      
01 Jun 2008 6:28 PM by promedia Star rating in Cheshire/Riviera del.... 134 posts Send private message

Blue palm restaurant.............read somewhere it wasnt very good!!!!! , but does anyone know where it is , unable to find it on a website. Map and/or address would be useful.

Thanks 

Ian Cook - Golf Gardens Miraflores - The best place to live on the Costa del Sol

Like 0      
01 Jun 2008 6:46 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
The Blue Palm is on page 2 of restaurant reviews - it's on the paeso in Marbella. Close to Da Bruno's and the Banana Tree. Rixxy is the EXPERT on this restaurant!!!

Like 0      
02 Jun 2008 1:02 PM by plexx Star rating in Hertfordshire & Elvi.... 131 posts Send private message

plexx´s avatar
Promedia - thanks for that. I'm feeling overweight already! (I'm out for 4 weeks very soon)

Like 0      
09 Jun 2008 11:25 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Re The Blue Palm - food is excellent but more a cafe on the paseo than a restaurant - its an informal place and the food is good and wholesome and really great for Sunday lunch more than a night out - very welcoming management and staff as well - not really the place for an intimate meal but steak pie and mash is the dogs - good burgers too - Sunday roast beef is probably one of the better I have tried on the CDS

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
09 Jun 2008 11:29 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Isn't that one that Rixxy is trying to keep just for your two by claiming it's rubbish, ha ha !

Like 0      
09 Jun 2008 11:35 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Think there is a tone of irony in her posts - she can demolish one of their home made cheesecakes single handed - gotta say they are lovely but make sure its the homemade one - they do have some pre packed stuff and nothing like the real thing. Get on with the sarnies!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
09 Jun 2008 11:45 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Just how many sarnies do you think I'm making here ?

Like 0      
09 Jun 2008 11:53 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Enough for all of Bristol airport

Like 0      
09 Jun 2008 3:07 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

No DONT go to the blue Palm on the paseo at Marbella! Not allowed! If you do dont try the roast, the ribs, the blue palm burgers, any salads and no looking at the sea either

AND THE STRAWBERRY CHEESCAKE IS MINE,,,AL MINE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
09 Jun 2008 5:45 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
If that's all part of your healthy eating plan, I'll definately join your club!!!!

Like 0      
07 Sep 2008 6:29 PM by promedia Star rating in Cheshire/Riviera del.... 134 posts Send private message

anyone ever eaten at rubyanna's -  i think it is called - in Elvira on the opposite side to the Fondu lounge restaurants, you can see it next to the main road as you head intowards marbella - its a large white building....but there again they all are!!!

Like 0      
07 Sep 2008 6:39 PM by promedia Star rating in Cheshire/Riviera del.... 134 posts Send private message

Sorry forgot to ask if anyone has any knowledge or Feedback - excuse the pun, - on Tim Le Chef restaurant next to sloans, the menu looked good, but we only found it on our last night and had already booked into Sloan's that had been recommended to us.

Interested to get some comments.

Like 0      
09 Sep 2008 10:24 AM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
I'm in Calahonda for two weeks - back home on Friday unfortunately - and we went to Los Sardinales last night which is past Elviria I think it's near an urb called Los Monteros right down on the beach. Full of Spanish which is always a good sign I think - food good, lots of fish and well priced.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Made to Measure Curtains - La Cala De Mijas area - 2 posts
Flights from Luton, Gatwick or Stanstead to Almera or Murcia ??? - 3 posts
LHD Conversion - 13 posts
Extending mortguage period - Cam bank - 5 posts
Hola! - 13 posts
Refund of excess purchase costs - 4 posts
advice needed for single mum - 14 posts
NEWS FLASH - 8 posts
Accommodation needed for 3 nights stay in Alta Entinas/Porto Fino. - 0 posts
Accommodation needed for 3 nights stay in Alta Entinas/Porto Fino. - 0 posts
Changes to Townhouse Location by Developer - 4 posts
Castle Link Villa - 2 posts
Newcastle,Murcia, and Alicante Flights. - 3 posts
Child Travelling in Front Seats - 3 posts
Accommodation needed for 3 nights stay in Alta Entinas/Porto Fino. - 1 posts
Parra Mellado Developers, Huercal Overa, Almeria - 22 posts
Jet 2 winter season to Murcia released - 7 posts
completion problems - 3 posts
Can we do this??? - 5 posts
subrogation fees - 8 posts
jackoi - 5 posts
Any lawyers in Duquesa that will help make our Will - 5 posts
?what is happening with Dona Julia golf developments in Casares costa, Malaga. - 12 posts
Bouncy castle - 0 posts
take UK television to spain - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 23

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x