Parra Mellado Developers, Huercal Overa, Almeria

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 May 2008 12:00 AM by wadams Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Does anyone know of their financial stability or their reliability at present?  
WGAK

Like 0      
29 May 2008 2:25 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar
Do not have details of their financial viability but some buyers have moved in and I know of another who will be doing so on 6th June 2008

They have been working very hard on the roads and sewers for the last couple of months and these are expected to be finished [ except top road surface] very soon
They have a tendancy like all Spanish builders to be a touch slow in the past  but now that all the infrastructure has to be built first they are moving quite quickly

2 bed  villas on 400m2 plots are from circa 170.000 € and it is a very attractive location     

Like 0      
29 May 2008 2:32 PM by wadams Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Thank you - I appreciate very much your quick response.  I purchased in El Saltador in July 2007 but they never gave me the bank guarantee for the money I put down - always promising but never delivering.  They were supposed to give me a house by this Oct. but I doubt that will materialize as I don't believe they have even got the bldg. plan/permit from City Hall as yet.  Very nervous due to the total real estate mess that seems to be in Spain currently. 

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 11:56 PM by nosunnofun Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

We signed on the dotted line FOUR YEARS AGO for a new build off plan villa from this company on a TEN MONTH BUILD CONTRACT. 
We got the keys TWO YEARS LATER and although we can now use the place IT STILL ISN'T OURS. In addition we, as many others on the four year plus old site, are STILL on builders electric and water which is very poor and have no road or other services to the property. We have had every excuse under the sun from these people but ONLY when they are absolutely pushed into communicating. 
The after sales service is absolutely appalling even by Spanish standards with English people working for them with the same DILLIGAF attitude ( and you very quickly become a severe problem to them if you don't like being given the mushroom treatment after handing over so much money). In fairness the house is "touching wood" built well and of a good finish but the minor issues we've had to report for repair have been completely ignored for months and months and months.
With our situation being as it is with them not communicating to us, despite direct e-mails to them asking some very searching questions, we are now worried that they have done something they shouldn't have done and can not complete the sales they are all so very happy to get you to sign up for and put ALL their efforts into getting.

Our advice for what it is worth is......well I'm sure you can guess

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 7:57 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Dear NosunNofun:

I think that what you need is just a god independent lawyer pushing for your rights. Soon.

Best regards,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 3:49 PM by wadams Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Thanks for your response.  Do you know of any you would like to recommend?

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 3:51 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Wadams, WHO BETTER than our very own Maria ?

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 6:41 PM by nosunnofun Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

I am sure that there is someone but we wouldn't know who other than to tell you of our experience with this crew...sorry wish I could help

Like 0      
18 Dec 2008 2:45 PM by sevaera Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Could any body tell me the financial status of Parra Mellado as they do not seem to be doing any work on El Saltador site. We have paid 50% towards a villa on that site and so far in 12 months nothing has been done. We are due to move to Spain in June expecting to move into our new home, but we think this is in our dreams.

Like 0      
18 Dec 2008 3:28 PM by nosunnofun Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hi

We've been dealing with Parra Mellado for the past 4 years.  In that time our 10 month build took 2 years and we still have no access roads or mains supply of water or electricity.  We know of many people who have purchased and been promised a date to move in that have been let down.  To  be fair Parra Mellado have done their best to put people up in temporary accommodation who have moved down there but don't appear to have learnt their lesson.We don't know about their financial status but have seen one or two of their workers knocking around different sites.  My advice is to get your solicitor to agree with Parra Mellado a severe financial penalty to be imposed should they not meet your June deadline.  Unfortunately we had a well written contract which we thought was water tight but Spanish law seems to have a get out no matter who you pay to represent your interests, even barristers.  Our only advice is DO NOT pay any further money at all whatsoever until you are given the keys and all services are connected and roads in.  Parra Mellado build these houses for the 50% you've already paid so the rest is profit and it is amazing how quickly things can be done with the threat of loss of money!  If you get stuck in June we have a 3 bed ready to live in which we use as a holiday home.  It might be worth considering renting. 

The very best of luck to you.

As a footnote things may improve now with Parra Mellado in as much as the pound crashing against the euro will slow drastically the numbers coming to buy and thats where Parra Mellado went wrong.  They provide a good quality product but were far too quick to get peoples names on books without resources behind them to provide the goods.  Now it is a bit quieter the work they have started might get completed quicker. Their aftersales though still stinks!

Like 0      
18 Dec 2008 10:50 PM by Jewel Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

Are there more than one of you needing to resolve things with Parra Mellado?  If so you have more power in numbers, can you group together?  If so pm me and I can recommend 2 solicitors who are local, straight and solution focused who may be able to help you but you would need to choose which one to go with yourselves.  I stress that a group of you will be far more effective en masse than trying to do it individually.

Like 0      
18 Dec 2008 11:03 PM by wadams Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

I am certainly reaching the end of my patience with them - they are masters of delay tactics.  If I even had some protection for the money I have given them I wouldn't be so nervous, but in violation of the law, they have so far not given me a bank guarantee or an insurance policy.  I am having a representative view the site in January again and if I find there is still no movement I may be interested in going the legal route. They don't seem to do anything unless there is a real legal threat - I did threaten to denouce them a one point and they did move forward a little.  I am going to be away from a computer until Jan. 12th so keep me in the loop and I could be interested in going the legal route. 

Like 0      
19 Dec 2008 12:40 AM by nosunnofun Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

I would very much agree that together as a group we would be stronger. The only issue is that we all have different requirements and are all at different stages of build. I certainly feel for those of you who have just purchased as "we have been there" and know how demoralising it is to be told that your build won't be completed as promised for another 12 months and to be kept dangling. It simply isn't fair when you are laying life changing amounts of cash out. Just as a matter if interest Parra don't have a bank guarantee. I was always under the impresion that builders needed to have one in law but apparently not so. They do however have an insurance certificate for such things as going bust, not that I have seen this so it would be worth checking.

You will find that bullying or threatening or trying to just doesn't work. It doesn't work with the Spanish people in general but particularly with Parra. As for the law and legal routes again I'm affraid it's the useless, lengthy, clueless, slow, ineffectual system that will get you now where fast. So much so that we have given up even trying to get things sorted. What will be will be and they'll come arunning when they want the final payment which is why I say keep your money in your bank.

If it's of any comfort we have been exactly where you are and know exactly how you feel and how worrying it can be. Parra don't help infact quite the opposite with their attitude and total lack of aftersales care and contact but I'm sure they are still pretty sound and that you will get what you are wanting in time. Take it from me that the owners are local and would have an army of people against them including the locals if they did the dirty, I honestly don't think that they are that kind of people, it's a question of they do a good end product slowly having bitten off more than they can chew, they are not bent just numb and the recent problems with the councils and planning issues haven't helped but of course they use this excuse to maximum effect.

It would be interest to know the abogado you are using in a PM so I could swop notes

Like 0      
30 Jan 2009 5:48 PM by wittywoman Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

we have also waited eons for our villa and i would very interested in the financial status of this compave been approached with a request from our solicitor with what we think as an usual request regarding registering the land

Like 0      
30 Jan 2009 6:07 PM by wadams Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

I'm not quite sure I understand your comments - are you saying your solicitors have requested information from you  about registering the land?  As to the financial stability of this company - who knows!!!

Like 0      
20 Feb 2009 11:46 AM by SGF1 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

For all you  people who have purchased on the El Saltador site, You may be cheered to know that workers ( yes builders) are on site even as I type this and quite a few bases have gone down and teams of builders  are currently constructing 3 new villas, not much progress I know, but progress nevertheless.    We were one of the first on site and our villa was 16 months late!!.

We have been re- assured that the company is solvent and seeing workers back on site is reassuring to say the least.  I know its not much consulation  to those of you who have been waiting so long, but its a little ray of sunshine.  

Like 0      
20 Feb 2009 2:23 PM by wadams Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Thank you for the update - yes, I have at last had some update photos of a little bit of prgress on my house.  Let's hope it will be progress for all of us. 

Like 0      
20 Feb 2009 4:49 PM by nosunnofun Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

If our build is anything to go by once they start the job it is amazing how quickly things come together. Different builders now to when they did ours as they all got fed up and left, shame because they were good. One piece of advice is once they do get going, push until it is fully complete, don't let them go away just because your roof is on or even if the house is fit enough to live in, get the complete lot....ie. road, street lights, mains services etc. and if you get that then you are ahead of us a little further up the valley. after four years of waiting....you lucky things..

You can't by the way get a LOFH from the council without  the road and mains services being in place. Pay nothing more than you absolutely have to until you have a house on a street with the services that you are completely happy with and it's fully licensed.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2009 5:11 PM by wadams Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Thank you for the advice.  Yes, believe me I will not pay a dime more until I have the certificate of habitation and they won't get that from the city unless they have complied with utilities, roads, etc.   It has been a very difficult time trying to motivate them from the States where I live, but I keep hammering away.  Yes it is too bad about the builders because people I spoke to said they were very good.  I hope that doesn't mean we will get a shoddy job now.  Thanks again. 

Like 0      
21 Feb 2009 9:11 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Over in Feb and yes it was full speed ahead and now looks like we shall all have a villa in 2009 in El Saltador

Segregation of the plots are now in progress and I have a copy of the Escritura de Segregation y Parcelacion relating to my plot.....so that is a step on the way to getting the LFO quicker than those who bought at Urcal

I suspect that this is being done so that PMm can complete the sales quicker and get the balance of the money in !

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Jet 2 winter season to Murcia released - 7 posts
completion problems - 3 posts
Can we do this??? - 5 posts
subrogation fees - 8 posts
jackoi - 5 posts
Any lawyers in Duquesa that will help make our Will - 5 posts
?what is happening with Dona Julia golf developments in Casares costa, Malaga. - 12 posts
Bouncy castle - 0 posts
take UK television to spain - 0 posts
What is the situation if promised bank guarantees were not obtained? - 15 posts
Bank Guarantee - 1 posts
rental companies - 1 posts
Facebook - 42 posts
taxes - 2 posts
hi - 4 posts
First Stay In Our Apartment - 6 posts
disabled needs - 6 posts
Late Completion - 3 posts
OUR FAVOURITE MUSIC VIDEOS - 130 posts
how long? - 6 posts
Baby equipment hire - Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Motocross - 12 posts
KIA SORRENTO - 0 posts
Bichon frise pups for sale - 0 posts
Help Need Information - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 23

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x