Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 May 2008 12:00 AM by PETERR Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Me and a friend took out a mortgague with Cam bank in 2005 for
80,000 euro ( now down to 69000 Euro), I have just been made
redundent and we wish to extend the term from 15 to 30 years. My friends
 salary is £19,000 (24,000 Euro).  The bank have asked for
proof of income, which I won't have of couse. Anybody amy experiance
of this sort of situation. We are not in arreas, and will try for long term rental
as well.

Peter R

Like 0      
30 May 2008 6:22 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Peter

This might sound a "bit wrong" but what is the date of your last payslip?  If it's last month then I think they would accept it!  

If you're not working then I think it will be tough to change your mortgage.

Search for smiley and contact him.  He should be able to advise you.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
02 Jun 2008 3:49 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi Guys have already been in direct contact with Peter - he will be relying on CAMs sympathetic ear and also whether his friends income fits debt to income ratios. Guess thats one of the reasons for ensuring what you get at day 1 definitely suits full term.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
04 Jul 2008 3:04 PM by netball Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

If you want to make changes to your current CAM mortgage (increasing interest only period, extending the term) then they will ask for all your details again, not only will they need proof of income but they will also require an equifax report (even if you didn't supply one at the time of taking the mortgage out the first time).  I know a few people on Polaris La Torre development that have had to do this.

Like 0      
04 Jul 2008 4:20 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Most if not all lenders now require some form of credit report or authorisation to run a UK search if they have the facility to do so. Whether it is an existing mortgage or a new one. Some even require a copy of a clients Spanish credit file as well.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
05 Jul 2008 1:32 PM by sharonw Star rating in Coin, Malaga. 281 posts Send private message

sharonw´s avatar
As far as I am aware there is only one lender's product that does not require a credit report, but the product is 50% LTV - €120K euros max and only available for purchases. In fact this is a self cert product.

Regards

Sharon

sharon@tmasspain.com

www.themortgageservicegroup.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hola! - 13 posts
Refund of excess purchase costs - 4 posts
advice needed for single mum - 14 posts
NEWS FLASH - 8 posts
Accommodation needed for 3 nights stay in Alta Entinas/Porto Fino. - 0 posts
Accommodation needed for 3 nights stay in Alta Entinas/Porto Fino. - 0 posts
Changes to Townhouse Location by Developer - 4 posts
Castle Link Villa - 2 posts
Newcastle,Murcia, and Alicante Flights. - 3 posts
Child Travelling in Front Seats - 3 posts
Accommodation needed for 3 nights stay in Alta Entinas/Porto Fino. - 1 posts
Parra Mellado Developers, Huercal Overa, Almeria - 22 posts
Jet 2 winter season to Murcia released - 7 posts
completion problems - 3 posts
Can we do this??? - 5 posts
subrogation fees - 8 posts
jackoi - 5 posts
Any lawyers in Duquesa that will help make our Will - 5 posts
?what is happening with Dona Julia golf developments in Casares costa, Malaga. - 12 posts
Bouncy castle - 0 posts
take UK television to spain - 0 posts
What is the situation if promised bank guarantees were not obtained? - 15 posts
Bank Guarantee - 1 posts
rental companies - 1 posts
Facebook - 42 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x