La Vizcaronda, Duquesa, Manilva

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 May 2008 12:00 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi All,

We are in the process of buying a property in La Vizcaronda. Just about to put a deposit down.

Is there anyone on this forum that owns there or knows someone who does?

Or indeed anybody know what the Urb. is like - apart from of course what we've already seen.

And what sort of valuation have similar properties had within the last 6 - 12 months?

Any and all comments most welcome and appreciated.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
15 May 2008 9:14 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

What nobody???

Hmm!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
15 May 2008 1:54 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

How much are you paying for a 2 bedroomed apartment and what is the square meterage?   I would have thought myself that you would be better wth a re-sale .   Some vendors are desperate to sell .  We had invested in a new property but gave up and bought a re-sale .   We got approx  20 square metres  extra space ( could me more ) for 13 ,000 Euros.

Personally after all the problems we had had , I would not recommend an off -plan development but it depends what you want it for and when you want to move in.   I would wait - it is not as if there is going to be a shortage of properties.

Like 0      
15 May 2008 2:58 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi Tamsin,

The property we are looking to buy is a 3 bed townhouse built over 4 floors, the lower floor being a basement/garage.

The total square meterage is: 147 plus the basement/garage: 111 and the front garden and rear terrace: 85

So, if you go buy the total build you are looking at 258m2 plus 85m2 of Garden/Terrace

Also, it is a re-sale.

I too would never buy off-plan.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 5/15/2008.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
16 May 2008 3:55 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

Sounds good.    If you want to find  out the value why not give phone a few  Estate  Agents .

Like 0      
16 May 2008 4:30 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I know the development.  It's at the top of the hill behind Duquesa, just next to Duquesa Village.

I quite like it.  It seems well finished and the properties look to be a good size.

I remember about a year ago they seemed to do a big push to sell the last remaining few units.  I think they may have even discounted the properties.

Just make sure you get a good price....there are so many properties in the area!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
19 May 2008 4:46 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hi Techno - I would place epsqm around 2300 interior for duquesa - with townhouses valuers deduct space that is staircases, so just beware of that.

Would have thought around 280-320k, something like that would be ok.
Good luck!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
19 May 2008 5:36 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Hi Rixxy,

Thanks for the info.

Epsqm @ 2300 interior (or useful surface as they say) would also be cool. Those figures work out as a total of 183.4m2 plus 85m2 garden/terrace.

So, if you go just by the build (useful) you have €421,820 plus the garden/terrace (which is all useful)

Two years ago when we had our Duplex in Princesa Kristina valued (before purchase) it came back as €219k - seeing as it has a total build of 90m2 and terraces of 40m2, just wondering what epsqm they used then?

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
19 May 2008 5:55 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Your welcome. 
Open terraces take about a third of interior epsqm, covered terraces 50%, basements a third UNLESS there is a window in it( yeah I know) in which case its more to the half. If its as a room or bedroom and on the escritura, then you get the full amount.

Garages third, and parking spaces, storerooms the same too. Any land left grassy alloq 300 euros psqm.

This is a rough guide of course. Townhoueses seem to value around 350k to 450k for a reasonable sized one dependant on area
Mine in Nueva Alndalucia 18 months ago came in at 445k for 3 bed 3 bath, basement which I have now converted to 4th room and dumping ground!

Total build is misleading as if you look on the escritura is will have something different. Valuers actual measrue the place and the interior size will always be less than the constructed area - its called util on the nota simple/escritura. Apapartments sold as 85/90sqm can be a lot smaller inside but attract the same epsqm for the area, age and quality of build.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
01 Jul 2008 9:45 AM by oceane1407 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Technoape....anyone else.....
I have seen your email re Vizcaronda.  I live on the urbanisation, in one of the 3beds overlooking manilva vineyards and on the  big pool.  It is a nice urbanisation.  Please feel free to ask.  I recently had my property valued if you need any info.  Do you have children?  I have never done this before (blog).  Hope it works!!

Like 0      
01 Jul 2008 9:45 AM by oceane1407 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Technoape....anyone else.....
I have seen your email re Vizcaronda.  I live on the urbanisation, in one of the 3beds overlooking manilva vineyards and on the  big pool.  It is a nice urbanisation.  Please feel free to ask.  I recently had my property valued if you need any info.  Do you have children?  I have never done this before (blog).  Hope it works!!

Like 0      
01 Jul 2008 4:50 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Hi oceane1407,

Thanks for the reply.

We are hoping to complete on the property in La Vizcaronda as soon as is possible, one or two little snags with the Nota Simple, but once they are sorted out we can then get the valuation done, and then complete ASAP.

My partner has two children who have grown up and have children of their own, which means WE have no children, however WE have grandchildren, as the grandchildren couldn't mean more to me if they were my own blood, and I love all four of them to pieces. We do have a dog, and he will be coming with us, hence why we have gone for this property as it has a private garden.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
17 Dec 2008 10:14 PM by Duquesa Rover Star rating in West Sussex / Costa .... 21 posts Send private message

If there's a washing machine in the apartment don't touch it with a barge pole!

http://manilvalife.com/latest/police-foil-plot-to-smuggle-a-quarter-of-a-tonne-of-hashish-to-the-uk-20081204.htm

Regards

Andre

Like 0      
18 Dec 2008 9:02 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Yes! They stuffed the drugs into a Tumble Dryer amongst other things!

We live on this Urb. now and apart from this one incident a few weeks ago everything is very peaceful.

This just goes to show how good the Security is around La Vizcaronda and also shows that the Security Guards are on the ball, as they noticed what was going on and knew that it was a  furnished rental property, and reported it to the Police and the owner, who subsequently also called the Police.

This just goes to show that you MUST vet your tenants before you rent out a property, as I know the owner of this property and I think that he perhaps just wanted to 'get it rented' due to his financial position.

PS. As a side note, the Urb. is looking fantastic and the views on a sunny day like today are amazing.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
18 Dec 2008 11:44 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Are you sure you had nothing to do with it?  When I heard that there was some "monkey business" going on at La Vizcaronda I thought it must be that TechNoApe trouble maker

Yes, absolutely gorgeous day today.  We should meet up for a beer now that you're in the area.  PM me your mobile and we'll arrange something.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
01 Jan 2009 6:45 PM by pinky99 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi Everyone

I'm new to this forum but have been searching the intenet for info on La Vizcaronda and came across this thread.

We're looking for a townhouse at the moment and stumbled across this development the other day.  We're a young family with a daughter in a spanish school and wondered if there are other children who live there all year round. 

I've read that Anglo Irish Realty are the developers of La Vizcaronda and that they are doing rent with option to purchase which sounds quite good because we can see if we like the development first.  Does anyone have any details on this or prices of the townhouses and the deals they are doing at the moment.

Also anything else I should know about ....good or bad???

Thanks

Like 0      
01 Jan 2009 11:30 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Our friend Andrew who runs Hamilton Homes is probably a good point of contact for you.  He's also the agent Technoape used.

Details on their website at www.hamilton-homes.com

Justin

Like 0      
02 Jan 2009 10:46 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi Pinky99,

My partner Caz and I live here full time in the Urb. and it is a mixture of Duplex's, Townhouse's and Penthouses, but mainly Townhouses. All the Townhouses are at least 3 bedrooms with private underground Garage and rooftop solarium, some have private gardens. The Urb. has five pools, tennis and soccer courts and a playground, and the Urb. itself is always very clean and tidy and there are quite a few families living full time in the Urb. so your kids will have no trouble finding friends.

Security in the Urb. is pretty good but we are going to be making it much better early on this year, within the next two or three months some new gates will be finished and ALL the gates will be re-aligned to use high security keys and the gates will have springs on them to make sure that they shut.

At the last AGM I was voted onto the community committee as a block representative and am really pleased that I will be able to help the community in the future, so if there is anything you need to know about La Vizcaronda, good or bad, then ask away!

As Justin said, we used Hamilton Homes and can't recommend them enough, also we had tremendous help then and continue to receive such from a very kind lady here on EOS called Esteruca, she has loads of contacts. Also I know the developers very, very well and can help you in the right direction, if you know what I mean, as I know what a 'good deal' is and isn't ... nuff said! 

Ah! And lastly just thought I mention that we recently started a free community forum for the people who live in and visit the Urb. at: www.lavizcaronda.freeforums.org/

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 1/2/2009.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
18 Oct 2017 8:48 PM by marialuz Star rating in la vizcaronda. 5 posts Send private message

As a public warning, the two people, F. O'H and P R who administer Vizcaronda and other entities they are involved in are due in Estepona Court on December 4th for the second session to answer the charges of Harassment, Grand Theft. up to Euros 30 000 and Extortion with Menaces.  The evidence is quite overwhelming but under the natural laws, they are innocent until proven guilty of course so watch the local Press reports for more news.  It is rather odd that their Irish compatriots living in the urbanisation refer to them as members of the "Irish Mafia".    Please be really careful in any dealings with them  If you are staying there make sure that all defects are recorded to avoid being expected to pay for them when you leave.  These include cracked fkuu tiles, evidence of damp in the wals when it rains heavily and electrical problems.  The plaintiffs lived in Vizcaronda for a few years renting three of the casas.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2018 4:37 AM by Ricopendeho Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi Maria, did you ever find out the outcome of this?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Karen & Terry Beattie - 2 posts
San Jose into liquidation. - 362 posts
La Nueva Ermita - 0 posts
HELLDORADO - 3 posts
A question on how to advertised a property rental. - 2 posts
cheap car hire - 34 posts
Elegance Dona Julia - 3 posts
Emailing using a Blackberry - 1 posts
Ripples.................................................... - 4 posts
Electricity costs - 7 posts
4 Month old baby in Spain - 2 posts
WANTED 3 MONTH RENTAL - Early JUNE To SEPTEMBER 5th - 1 posts
Dona Julia - 6 posts
Schools - 4 posts
Laptop help please - 15 posts
How to find a good administrator? - 9 posts
buying golf clubs - 7 posts
Introducing myself to the forum - 1 posts
El Rocio - 5 posts
Anyone in Torrevieja? - 3 posts
Driving over in june - 11 posts
Cheap Flights & Accommodation ?? - 5 posts
Feisty Kitty needs new home - 2 posts
Swimming Pool Lockout - 4 posts
Van Rental in Murcia Region - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 20

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x