wealth tax abolished from january this year

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

20 Apr 2008 7:25 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Saw a similar thread on another forum - not much info available yet, but since Spain has had her knuckles rapped previously by Brussels for not treating residents and non-residents equally with regards to tax, I would probably think, yes.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
20 Apr 2008 7:45 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

It does include non residents, of course.

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
20 Apr 2008 7:57 PM by scampi Star rating in London & Alfaix nr. .... 91 posts Send private message

scampi´s avatar
Can anyone explain what this Wealth tax abolition means?

Like 0      
20 Apr 2008 8:21 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Since January 1, 2008, your patrimony ( goods and rights less debts and loans) of a certain value, will have no direct taxes on it. I am asking the taxes people in the Law firm to write an article on this  change FYI.

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
20 Apr 2008 9:48 PM by scampi Star rating in London & Alfaix nr. .... 91 posts Send private message

scampi´s avatar
Muchos gracias!

Like 0      
21 Apr 2008 1:36 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

21 Apr 2008 1:48 PM by scampi Star rating in London & Alfaix nr. .... 91 posts Send private message

scampi´s avatar
Cheers - does this have anything to do with the anual property tax I have heard about.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2008 5:59 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Scampi

The annual property tax  ?

Are you thinking of the IBI tax like the UK council tax here ?

Wealth Tax is a different tax to the IBI tax.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2008 6:07 PM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar
Is this the 1/2% annual tax?

Like 0      
21 Apr 2008 6:29 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Tinto, I wonder if this may be what you want, is it ? I'm confused as to what you're asking.

http://www.propertiescostablanca.org/images/mod214e.pdf

EXAMPLE using 100,000€ as your escritura value:

Liquidación. Impuesto sobre el Patrimonio.

Valor - 01 = 100,000 (Escritura Value)

Duedas - 02 = 0.00 (This figure would be any outstanding mortgage or debts on the property, which would reduce your tax burden)

Base imponible y liquidable - 03 = Figure 01 minus 02, with no debts this would be 100,000

Resto - al % = 0,20 (This is the tax rate of 0.2%) Then 200.00 in next box on right, also 200.00 underneath for Suma – figure reached by 100,000 x 0.2%

Cuota Integra. Impuesto Patrimonio - 04 = 200.00 (This is 200 Euros wealth tax on the value of your property)

This message was last edited by morerosado on 4/21/2008.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2008 9:48 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Maria

Lifeline was asking me about this on a link I gave in another thread, Advice needed re: First Occupation License 

Could you advise, please ? Is IHT abolished 100% in the area I have bought, Guardamar, Costa Blanca as that is Comunidad Valenciana, isn't it ? I saw we appear to be in the region mentioned, see VALENCIAN COMMUNITY

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

From INTERNATIONAL TAX FORUM FOR PRIVATE CLIENTS

Inheritance Tax abolition in Spain.

This morning I was reviewing the current status of Inheritance Tax in Spain, in light of the recent news regarding the abolition of the Wealth Tax after the general elections.The Wealth Tax is administered by the regional entities, Comunidades Autonomas, but legislated nationally by the national government.

This is also the case with the Inheritance Tax. What we have seen however is that the move on this tax has started by the regions by improving the position or even technically abolishing the tax itself. In this case, they did not wait for the central government to act.

Ten regions have already abolished this tax in the context of family inheritance. The regions are Madrid, La Rioja, Murcia, Castilla y León, Comunidad Valenciana, Baleares y Cantabria, in a first move and Canarias, Aragón y Castilla La Mancha in a second move. Andalucia is considering this move too, and again, that will depend on the regional elections this year.

We welcome the move toward abolition of the Inheritance Tax and the Wealth Tax in a system overload with income, indirect duties and VAT.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 4/21/2008.

Like 0      
22 Apr 2008 7:33 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
 In Valencia, since 1st of January 2007 there is a reduction of 99,99% on the tax quota of the IHT (  in acquisitions by death)  for descendants of any age, ascendants and spouses and of 99 %  in donations in life  to children ( also adopted) of any age, and to parents or adopters.

Hope it clarifies,

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
22 Apr 2008 10:38 AM by harley Star rating in West Midlands/ Costa.... 67 posts Send private message

harley´s avatar

Yes Maria,

Thats how we see it.

A friend passed away last year in Spain, they lived there for 2 years on the Costa Blanca.

On the death his partner paid 1% of the value of the house, less the share that belonged to the bank. All in all it ended up around £400.

She was told it was a gift from the Velencian goverment not law.

M

Harley

Like 0      
22 Apr 2008 11:43 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Thanks Maria.

Like 0      
23 Apr 2008 1:48 PM by aml400 Star rating in Manchester - Barcelo.... 13 posts Send private message

mariadecastro

Could you let me know where your info on the abolition of Spanish Wealth Tax is documented? I do believe you, but would like to read up on it!

Thank you

Like 0      
23 Apr 2008 1:50 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Did you read this earlier, aml400

INTERNATIONAL TAX FORUM FOR PRIVATE CLIENTS

Like 0      
23 Apr 2008 2:10 PM by pixies3g Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Will the abolition of wealth tax affect property sales?  For example, if the declared value of a property is 100.000 euros (the rest having been paid for with "black money") and it's sold for 300.000 (no black money) - would the seller be liable to tax on the apparent 200.000 euro profit?  Thanks.

Like 0      
23 Apr 2008 2:14 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi pixies3g & welcome. I was always under the assumption it would be subject to CGT on the 200,000€ .

Like 0      
23 Apr 2008 2:45 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
AMl400:

Here the source of information:

http://www.expansion.com/edicion/exp/economia_y_politica/economia/es/desarrollo/1113955.html

Expansion is the financial leader paper in Spain.

It is an agreement of the Council of Ministers which  will be in force with urgent character and retroactively from January 2008.

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 4/23/2008.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

BobShe - 4 posts
JUST TO KEEP UPTO DATE WITH THE GOLF COURSE - 2 posts
Removal of internal wall - 3 posts
how much to replace new door on apartment in calanova sea golf? - 0 posts
anyone know of a long term let in calanova sea golf on the ground floor furnished? - 0 posts
rental wanted in calanova sea golf ground floor. 3 beds if poss, furnished - 1 posts
Costa Esuri - 8 posts
Any colds in Spain? - 2 posts
Horrific coach crash near Benalmadena - 23 posts
can you help - 3 posts
Don't get caught by out of date TV Real Estate Programmes! - 3 posts
Duquesa agent refuses to refund security deposit - 24 posts
Power of Attorney - 4 posts
Spanish Smells - 17 posts
An apartment? No thanks, I'll take the whole village - 7 posts
Grupo Urbasa - 8 posts
Listed building - any advice will be gratefully received. - 3 posts
Urbs. in Murcia province. - 3 posts
UK Company - 0 posts
Introduction from Granada Area - 0 posts
Flute lessons on the costa del sol - 2 posts
Hello and can you help? - 4 posts
Cheque book by post - 4 posts
Personal freshness !! - 14 posts
Hippodromo Aifos - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 52

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x