Don't get caught by out of date TV Real Estate Programmes!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by scambuster Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

There are several being shown on Sky, two of which are by www.realestatetv.tv and in most cases they are 4-5 years out of date.

The information bears no resemblance to the actual current real estate problems in Spain or elsewhere and is therefore very misleading because the date is only shown quite samll at the very end of the programme.

You also can't contact them via their 'contact us' details on their website, nor can you phone them from abroad on the number given., which seems rather fishy!

Like 0      
20 Apr 2008 8:48 AM by Eva2008 Star rating in Reading. 152 posts Send private message

Eva2008´s avatar
Same as in the UK, they are still showing programs from over two years ago (before the credit crunch), which show people buying places, doing them up and selling them for huge profits, both in the UK and Spain.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2008 12:12 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

I agree that these programmes are grossly misleading especially to those who have only recently installed 'Sky'.

These repeats should carry a warning similar to the voice overs that are added to repeats of the BBCs 'Homes under the Hammer' and other such shows where the date they were recorded is important to the programmes' integrity.

These voice overs state the date the recording was made. Whether it is added solely as additional viewer information or as some kind of disclaimer I cannot guess, though it would be interesting to know if it was a legal requirement.

Like 0      
22 Apr 2008 12:06 AM by robmct Star rating in Edinburgh/London - .... 196 posts Send private message

robmct´s avatar

Most of the  House programs on UK TV now show you the date of recording, i think most peopele are aware if you watch More 4 ect etc these programs are out of date....

Im sure people are making money but if you watch them enough you will see ones that don't....

As for the Polaris World advert,  i just laugh...

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Duquesa agent refuses to refund security deposit - 24 posts
Power of Attorney - 4 posts
Spanish Smells - 17 posts
An apartment? No thanks, I'll take the whole village - 7 posts
Grupo Urbasa - 8 posts
Listed building - any advice will be gratefully received. - 3 posts
Urbs. in Murcia province. - 3 posts
UK Company - 0 posts
Introduction from Granada Area - 0 posts
Flute lessons on the costa del sol - 2 posts
Hello and can you help? - 4 posts
Cheque book by post - 4 posts
Personal freshness !! - 14 posts
Hippodromo Aifos - 3 posts
MORTGAGE CURVEBALLS - 4 posts
We are NEW to posting - 18 posts
Best place to start when learning Spanish.....? - 11 posts
Where in Spain? - 8 posts
Introduction - 6 posts
Tax relief - 4 posts
Marilyn from Essex - 5 posts
Mortgage and Bank problems Help!! - 2 posts
IKEA'S ONE DAY 21% OFF SALE (RUMOURED) FOR SAT 19TH APRIL (21ST ANNIVERSARY) - 2 posts
jet 2....99p - 32 posts
Ollis Treff - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x