Net curtain rods - Costa Blanca

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Need some help here guys!

I want to buy extending net curtain rods to hang tab top voiles from.

Where in/around Torreveija can I buy them?

They are round, small diameter, white plastic coated metal rods, that are extendable.

I could buy them in the UK and take them with me, but the width I need is about 20 foot in total once extended.

That would mean 2 rods of say 5 foot unextended and I don't want to pay the airline to take as hold baggage.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 12:36 PM by mervy Star rating in oriheula. 138 posts Send private message

Have you tried yorkshire linen mill for them, i got metal extending poles in there.

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 12:42 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Thanks Mervy, will give them a try.

They are in Torre town aren't they?

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 12:43 PM by mervy Star rating in oriheula. 138 posts Send private message

Yes behind habanaras or failing that there is one is quesada as well.

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 12:48 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

I just found them on Google so have e-mailed the shop for info............., save driving around getting lost and crashing no doubt!

thanks for your help,

Kind regards

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 12:59 PM by nesbeth Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Go to The British Bedding Shop in Calle Apollo, Torrevieja

Wendy x

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 1:46 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I use the extending curtain rods for my nets in UK, my main windows are 6' wide and the rods dip down because of the width.  They are small windows 45" and 36" long but the rods dip in the middle even though there's not a lot of weight on them.

I would have thought having 10' ones would be worse unless you had a support in the middle.

How long are your voiles, wouldn't it be easier to use curtain poles?  They have a good selection of metal ones in Carrefour and Eroski also in the bedding shops mentioned.

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 3:16 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

I will try the British Bedding shop thanks Nesbeth.

I didn't want cutaing poles Semijubilada, purely because, I want the voiles to hang from the ceiling, as we don't want to drill into UPVC window frames.

I thought curtain poles would be too obvious looking whereas, the net pole in white may be less noticeable.

As for the sagging aspect, I would have a middle support, so hopefully that won't happen.

I do mean the nets sagging bu the way, not me....although that has already happened I'm afraid and no middle support will ever put that right!!!

Press on!!!..................

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 6:09 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
You can buy them in Bricotodo down the road!!

This message was last edited by Karensun on 3/11/2008.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 6:16 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Where's Bricotodo Karen, do you mean Bricohouse?

Fanx!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 6:21 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
whatever.......you know where I mean!!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 6:50 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

I'm being blonde again, well grey actually, but it still affects the brain!

thanks Karen, I know where you mean!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
12 Mar 2008 7:06 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Fibby - your talk about middle support for us older ladies reminds me of an email I received recently.  It made me chuckle for ages.

I did think about posting it in the jokes section but I'm not sure how to do it.

Like 0      
12 Mar 2008 9:49 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Hi Semi, just highlight it then copy and paste!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
12 Mar 2008 9:59 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

OK I'll have a go and see if it works.

Like 0      
13 Mar 2008 9:32 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Where's this joke then semijubilada????

I'm intrigued now!

thanks for all your replies on the rods, I think I know where I'm going and what I'm getting now!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
13 Mar 2008 1:44 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I can't work out how to do it, I followed Karen's instructions but couldn't find copy and paste button.

Shame but I'm going to have to admit I'm useless, if anyone else wants to try then pm me with email adds and I'll send it to you.

Like 0      
13 Mar 2008 2:18 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Semi!! right above my google tool bar is microsoft internet explorer, the coy and paste bit is from the drop down edit menu on there.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
13 Mar 2008 6:34 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Semi,

We're all on a knife edge waiting for this joke.

Let me try.  And if you still can't do it there will be three of us tearing our hair out.

First of all you need to 'select' the area(joke) you wish to copy.

Point your cursor (little arrow on the screen) beneath the joke, then press down the button on  the left side of your mouse and hold it down .Now move the arrow upwards over the joke    and you will notice the area going blue (and hopefully not the air).

When you have 'blued' the whole joke, take your finger off the left   mouse button and (making sure your cursor is kept within the 'blued' area) put it on the right mouse button and 'click' once.

A box will appear and one of the options will be 'copy'. 

Point your cursor at 'copy' and 'Click' the left   mouse button. You should now have copied the joke to your 'clipboard'

Go to where ever you wish to display the joke on EOS, possibly the 'Joke' thread. When the 'reply' box opens up place your cursor within the box and press the right mouse button.

A box will appear and one of the options will be 'paste'.

Point your cursor at 'paste' and 'Click' the right  mouse button. You should now have pasted the joke into your 'reply' box.

It might help if you print this instruction. GOOD LUCK!!!

Like 0      
13 Mar 2008 7:32 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

He he he!

Make sure you have the computer switched on first..........................

That's the little button with a dot in the middle, you just press it...............

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Problems with the Administrator and President. - 8 posts
Thankyou Maria - 1 posts
Free to view sky packages - 6 posts
Hi can anyone tell me more about San Pedro de Alcantara and the El Campanario apartments? - 1 posts
electrical goods and lighting suppliers in spain - 1 posts
Wanted Long Term in Duquesa Area - 0 posts
Royal Park Spa Resort I Campomor - 5 posts
Los Alcazares - new here! - 1 posts
Any young english people moved to Spain?? Spanish classes?? - 0 posts
3 months medical care - 1 posts
Stationery supplies in Los Alcazares - Murcia! - 3 posts
Help -New to this! - 3 posts
Pick up from Murcia - 1 posts
British Expats in Costa de la Luz! - 2 posts
Hi Vis vests & spare bulbs - 0 posts
Expats in Costa de la Luz??? - 9 posts
Cost of living 2008 - 0 posts
New facilities on Photobucket - 14 posts
Who is liable? - 6 posts
I would like to move to Spain, advice would be appreciated. - 14 posts
Mar Menor 2 - 2 posts
Industrial Cleaning - 0 posts
Good Old Barnsley!! - 1 posts
Leaving..running away...new life..why do you want to go - 26 posts
Nigel and Maggie phase 3 Luz de Almoradi - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 26

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x