New facilities on Photobucket

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

http://photobucket.com/ suddenly has lots of new features for you to edit photos. I've been playing with it. I chose a basic photo & did lots see......

Original photo

I used the "autofix" facility to brighten photo.

"Refix" photo plus "decorate" then choose "stickers"

Autofix plus "decorate" then "draw"

"Autofx" plus "decorate" plus "text"

Anyway, you get the idea. Have a play.

Join the bucket club, get a photobucket account, have some fun.

I want to see your efforts in this thread

This message was last edited by morerosado on 3/9/2008.

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 7:37 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

It's a real pain when you just want to resize though.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 10:20 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

That's initially what I thought, Laury, but I've got used to it now. There's the usual ones it had previously in preset resize plus many other options including making it bigger, which weren't available before. It tells you actual size the photo is & you then can type in which size you want though you may need to calculate this as if it was (for example) 634 x 568, it's a case of algebra maths to get it to a perfect resize.

To resize ... if you click on "edit image" then on "resize" to see your options. The preset resizes are avatar 100 x 75, thumbnail 160 x 120, website 320 x 240, message board 640 x 480, 15" screen 800 x 480, 17" screen 1024 x 768, 19" screen 1280 x 960, 21" screen 1600 x 1200. You can "fix redeye", adjust brightness & contrast too. Other options too.

If I take this large photo which is size & want to resize it to website size which is a preset size I just click on "preset" & choose "website"

It asks if I want new size to override previous photo or if I want a copy making. I find it easy.

Websize below.

However I've been having problems at times with Internet Explorer saying I have "add ons" & it needs to close. Not sure what that means.

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 3:53 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

I like that it offers the option of saving over ...  but the nuisance is that you have to open up the editor to resize and it's a lot slower to open now it has all the extra functions. I prefer a single click resize with minimum time rather than having to got through the whole rigmarole. If I want to mess with my pictures I can use PSP or ACDsee. Much quicker.

A quick resize now takes aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages..

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 4:04 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
This site's good Laury http://resizepic.com/ & if you look HERE it's a doddle.  Save link.

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 4:14 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Thanks More  but being a grumpy old thing... I still have to open up something else instead of a quick upload and resize.

I bookmarked it anyway just in case.

I don't want a drive full of my photos twice at different sizes which is why I liked the photobucket all in one.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 4:17 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
You don't have to make a copy, you can override original. I don't know how to use what you're using.  (PSP & ACDsee).

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 4:28 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

PSP is Paint shop pro.

ACDsee is another photo manipulation programme.

I also grab from HDvideo for reasonable stills.

We have an external drive with 60 gigabytes of just photos taken over the years.  I liked that I could upload a normal sized photo to photobucket and just resize it on there, keeping my original intact.

I can still do that but it's more fiddle now. That's all. I'm just lazy.

This is a grab from my camcorder recording...

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 4:31 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
You're a clever clogs, admit it !! You have your own websites too.

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 4:33 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Sorry if I came across wrong.

I was just saying that I have lots of options on my computer already and enjoyed the simplicity of pbucket.

Do you like all the safety gear that the tree feller was wearing?

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 4:50 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Nah, Laury, you didn't come across wrong, you just know lots more than More. Green fingered too, know how to bash a tiddy ball down the fairway too.

I never was shown other "stuff", not sure how I got into the bucket thing. I do agree I prefer old (simple) resize feature in bucket. I'm often having to figure out if I've done right. It'll be harder to teach anyone now. I mean I cropped chocolates to show just one for Karen in A new month, March, begins. Morerosado is "retiring" with her OH on 13th !  just now yet bucket actually shows whole load of chocs so, until I posted it in here, I though I would see lots of chocs. Seems crackers.

You know who you're going to insure your property with yet ?

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 4:55 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

We've had insurance on it for buildings and contents for over a year. We did it through the bank and left it there on renewal. Next year we might look around but it was only 245 euros so we didn't bother.

Why?

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 5:03 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Silly moi, I should've realised. Of course you'd have insurance.

We're about to renew ours with http://www.easycover.net/ in Torrevieja & also we were with http://www.saltsbay.com/ before that, both seem excellent cover. It's foremost in my mind as they cannot inform us yet regarding renewal cost so we'll need to go to their office.

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 5:26 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

What sort of costs are involved with yours? They sound English. Ours is Spanish so I have no idea what the small print says.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 5:28 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
They are English at Easy & I think Scandinavian at Saltsbay, Laury. Why not ask each to email you policies so you can check each out. That's what we did. (In English).

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Who is liable? - 6 posts
I would like to move to Spain, advice would be appreciated. - 14 posts
Mar Menor 2 - 2 posts
Industrial Cleaning - 0 posts
Good Old Barnsley!! - 1 posts
Leaving..running away...new life..why do you want to go - 26 posts
Nigel and Maggie phase 3 Luz de Almoradi - 2 posts
COMPLETION - 6 posts
almost an owner - 6 posts
looking for apartment in almoradi - 2 posts
Grand Slam Winners - 29 posts
Buy a car in the UK or in Spain - 6 posts
HI..i m new - 3 posts
Hiii. - 0 posts
mobile homes - 0 posts
Car Insurance - 12 posts
Good internet portals to search for property ? - 6 posts
Apartment rental required - 2 posts
RENTAL FOR SECURE CAR PARKING LONG TERM - NEAR MURCIA AIRPORT - 11 posts
Macarena 2 urbanisation, Orihuela Costa, Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Makes you glad to live in England ...... NOT !! (Prescriptions up to £7.10 April 1st). - 1 posts
mr billy mcmahon - 3 posts
Britain braced for 'worst storm of winter' on Monday - 21 posts
Nueva Ribera - One Properties - 5 posts
Rustica properties - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x