Free to view sky packages

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by ScottNicol Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Anyone got this over here? Just moved into our newly built house and need sky installing, I have an account from our old place at the moment but would like to pay a 1 off fee and have no monthly account for sky back in the UK. Im Benahavis by the way.

Thanks

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 8:36 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Take a look at this thread as there is info about it there. It is possible and easy too.

Mark

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 9:37 AM by ScottNicol Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

It seems that you still haev the monthly bills to pay, whcih are about 230 euros per year along with instalattion of 500 euros.  I can get normal sky tv installed for 100 euros and have skys top packages paid monhtly in the UK for over 100 euros per year !!!

Looking for a FREE to view package no monthly bills at all

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 10:25 AM by rapp Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

We will be taking over our South facing holiday home Town House, approximately 100 kms north of Malaga in June/July this year.  We have a spare sky box, a
LNB, a 80cms dish and a satellite finder.

Will my 80 cm dish be large enough to get a signal?   Do I bring a TV  out from England which is course on the Pal system, or do I buy in Spain?  

Can we watch Spanish TV, a good way to learn the language and also watch Sky TV through the same aerial and TV set? 

The Developers specification states wired for satellite TV in lounge and master bedroom.  We use an electronic radio/tv transmission unit to send programs from our lounge to our bedroom TV at home

How much does it cost  to get a sky viewing card for  use in Spain?

Can I use Sky broad band in Spain provided I pay for this service in England and I take my UK viewing card out from England  when on holiday?

The local Council appear to be quite fussy, am I likely experience problems from them when installing my dish?

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 2:56 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Not sure where you got the monthly bills from? Take your box out, have the dish installed and take a Sky card with you that has been activated for the likes of C5 and C5 (if you want to pay £20 one off), otherwise, you get all 200 or so free to air channels that can be picked up on the Sky box. What fee?

Mark

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 3:03 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Can I use Sky broad band in Spain provided I pay for this service in England and I take my UK viewing card out from England  when on holiday?

The short answer to that would be no. Broadband is a service that is applied to your telephone line at exchange level and cannot be taken with you. If you move house in the UK, your service will be physically disconnected at the exchange and you will be reconnected at your new exchange within the UK.

You cannot buy a Sky card to use in Spain legally as the t&c's forbid use outside of the UK and channel islands, which is the jurisdiction of their licence. As said below, if you don't want your BBC and ITV regionalised and if you can do without C4 & C5, then you don't need a card. Otherwise, buy a Freesat from Sky card from Sky for your spare box (£20) agree to the t&c's that say you will only watch in the UK, activate the card whilst still in the UK, then take it with you.

I have been told that if you take your own Sky card with you, then the channels you subscribe to should all be available to you, with the exception of sports and movies.

Mark

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 5:43 PM by rapp Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

We will be taking over our South facing holiday home Town House, approximately 100 kms north of Malaga in June/July this year.  We have a spare sky box, a
LNB, a 80cms dish and a satellite finder.

Will my 80 cm dish be large enough to get a signal?   Do I bring a TV  out from England which is course on the Pal system, or do I buy in Spain?  

Can we watch Spanish TV, a good way to learn the language and also watch Sky TV through the same aerial and TV set? 

The Developers specification states wired for satellite TV in lounge and master bedroom.  We use an electronic radio/tv transmission unit to send programs from our lounge to our bedroom TV at home

The local Council appear to be quite fussy, am I likely experience problems from them when installing my dish?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi can anyone tell me more about San Pedro de Alcantara and the El Campanario apartments? - 1 posts
electrical goods and lighting suppliers in spain - 1 posts
Wanted Long Term in Duquesa Area - 0 posts
Royal Park Spa Resort I Campomor - 5 posts
Los Alcazares - new here! - 1 posts
Any young english people moved to Spain?? Spanish classes?? - 0 posts
3 months medical care - 1 posts
Stationery supplies in Los Alcazares - Murcia! - 3 posts
Help -New to this! - 3 posts
Pick up from Murcia - 1 posts
British Expats in Costa de la Luz! - 2 posts
Hi Vis vests & spare bulbs - 0 posts
Expats in Costa de la Luz??? - 9 posts
Cost of living 2008 - 0 posts
New facilities on Photobucket - 14 posts
Who is liable? - 6 posts
I would like to move to Spain, advice would be appreciated. - 14 posts
Mar Menor 2 - 2 posts
Industrial Cleaning - 0 posts
Good Old Barnsley!! - 1 posts
Leaving..running away...new life..why do you want to go - 26 posts
Nigel and Maggie phase 3 Luz de Almoradi - 2 posts
COMPLETION - 6 posts
almost an owner - 6 posts
looking for apartment in almoradi - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x