Cycling in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

Hi there, 

We are wondering about buying bikes to keep in Spain. However because of where we live they need to be able to be attached to our hire car each time.(we are not nearly fit enough to cycle up and down the mountain where we have our apartment - well we might manage the down bit )

Is anyone in the know about attaching bikes to cars? We dont have our own car out in Spain so it does need to be something that  is transferable each time.

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 6:05 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I've seen the attachment on the rear of cars with a couple of bikes on, a few times, but aren't these bolted onto the car like a tow bar would be & so not feasible to use on a hire car ?  I've seen bikes carried on the roof too but not sure how, can't just be a normal roof rack, surely.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 6:12 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar
I spent many weekends taking my boys to their mountain bike races and we had a bike rack that fixes on to the back of any hatchback.Any good cycle shop should stock them. They carry two bikes and are simple to put on and take off. They used to cost around £50 but it's a few years ago now.

Laury

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 6:18 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

You can request a bike/ski/pram rack when you book a hire car.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish Bars & Spanish restaurants in Orhiuela Costa - 6 posts
Dangerous dogs - 14 posts
medina elvira granada - 2 posts
What is E111 - 3 posts
Destitute and facing eviction - 85 year old mother and son from San Isidro on CB - 0 posts
Demolitions near La Marina Village on the Costa Blanca NOW ! - 0 posts
Getting my cat to Spain - 13 posts
Another bit of daftness from Sunny Spain - 39 posts
Hola Life Snagging Surveys - 1 posts
cleaner - 0 posts
The UK lose battle to withhold benefits............ - 17 posts
Pet Insurance - 5 posts
Pool Covers - 4 posts
Hi - 0 posts
What is the best way to pay a small amount of Euros? - 8 posts
Where are you from!!! - 7 posts
Terque Web Site - 1 posts
Flights From Glasgow to Malaga or Gibraltar - 11 posts
Sun Loungers - 13 posts
Cash and Carry warehouse - 2 posts
Pensions info from Euro Weekly News February 28, 2008 - 0 posts
European Union allows sadistic torturing of animals because it's tradition - 2 posts
Signing on the Padron - 1 posts
EARTHQUAKE - 19 posts
Luna Mar Apartments - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x