Juande Ramos : A Spanish Legend and a Developer who Delivers....

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by colesfamilywales Star rating in Pontypridd. 75 posts Send private message

We would like to propose that Juande Ramos is presented with the British Medal of Honour for his work at Tottenham Hostspur Football Club.

He is building solid foundations for the future success and enjoyment of 000`s of British people, and you can`t say that about too many Spanish at this present time...no insult intended.

Anthony, Matthew & Luke Coles

Like 0      
24 Feb 2008 10:10 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar
Must admit it was the result I wanted  as well. He is doing a great job.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2008 8:38 AM by PVP Star rating in birmingham. 44 posts Send private message

Come on you Lilywhites well done lads UEFA Cup next

Like 0      
25 Feb 2008 11:12 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
We had a good sports thread going strong some time back so all could post all in there, now we have individual threads going. Here's original All Things Sports with 282 posts & 3279 views ! Pity that hadn't been ressurected.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2008 2:18 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hello Colesfamily WALES..................what about the RUGBY ??

Jane

Like 0      
25 Feb 2008 7:53 PM by colesfamilywales Star rating in Pontypridd. 75 posts Send private message

Apologies for not placing this in correct thread, was so excited with the result...

And of course, Wales on the Up too, what a weekend !

Like 0      
25 Feb 2008 10:55 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Weekend was pretty near perfect. Wales won and Chelsea got beaten.  I'm glad it was Spurs but any team would have been sweet.  Chelsea should never have sacked Jose.  Snr Ramos has really turned Spurs around and without making a 'Spanish Team' unlike M  Wenger and his French team.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2008 6:42 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Such short memories in soccer. Spurs finished the last two seasons 5th in the Premiership under Martin Jol. Would have been 4th and a Champions League spot, but for a sabotaged meal! But all the talk this year is about Everton, Man City or Villa maybe breaking the monopoly of the Big 4, as if no other team had ever come close. So this season got off to a bad start. But had Ledley King been fit from the start, or Damien Comioli or whatever his name is, had let Jol buy another defender (Woodgate for example?) instead of splashing out £16M on Darren Bent when he already had one of England's brightest young strikers in Jermaine Defoe, things could have panned out differently.

Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted at how things are going now (I'm a lifelong Yid - even used to flog programs on match day on Tottenham High Road!), but we shouldn't be too quick to heap loads of praise on Ramos. If he can get them up to 5th by the end of this season, I'll be impressed, but otherwise, let's wait and see what happens next year, eh?

Having said that, any manager who presides over a 5-1 thrashing of the Gooners gets my vote!  

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
26 Feb 2008 7:05 PM by colesfamilywales Star rating in Pontypridd. 75 posts Send private message

We do feel a little for Martin Jol, his contribution has to be acknowledged, however he lacked the final killer instinct as the defeats at the Q-Final or semi-final stage of 3 cups proved

Carling Cup v Arsenal...should have been way ahead before they came back in the first game

FA Cup v Chelsea...threw away the lead at Stamford Bridge

UEFA Cup v Sevilla...dodgy penalty in 1st game and Malbranque "mare" in 2nd game

However he built the foundations of a squad that is getting better and going places, and with a few Welshmen now included !!!

Like 0      
26 Feb 2008 8:31 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

I take it you're talking about that funny game with the round ball where men people in little shorts run up and down a field for an hour or so trying to get the beach ball into a net?  Isn't this the game where they get paid more in a day than a brain surgeon gets in a year?  The only thing that stops the game is if the beach ball goes in the net or someone from the opposing team gets within 10 feet of them whereupon they fall to the ground screaming in agony, clutching their (insert either - groin, ankle, knee, leg) until the man who used to wear black lets him have a free kick of the ball and then he jumps up and runs round as if he were a cripple just back from Lourdes?  Is this the game where they spend millions of pounds on hi-tech material for shirts every few months so that those coming to watch can buy cheap nylon copies at fifty quid plus every time?  And the game where everyone screams INGER-LAND, INGER-LAND at the high paid prima donnas as they lose to little countries no-ones ever heard of that have a GDP of less than Manchester United's budget for boot polish?   And where those screaming INGER-LAND fail to see the irony of importing players and managers from so many different countries that they could start up their own UN Security Council meeting at half time?  Plus the game where the only English player on the pitch will probably be the guy picking the beach ball out of the crowd and throwing it back to the overpaid, oversexed and over here players who spend more on their half-time manicurist, hairdresser and lifestyle guru than I earn in 10 years?

And don't start me off on their Wives, Girlfriends (or, in the case of Wayne Rooney, Grannies) who all looked cloned from the latest Barbie rubber mould straight from the factory.  Or have I got the wrong game?

PHEWWWWWW,  I feel better for that.  Back to my little hidey-hole.  Another bottle, please Nurse, this one's empty.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2008 10:32 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Correct!

And now, for an encore, Bobaol will give us his views on that other much-maligned profession mentioned in this thread's title - the Spanish Developer:

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
26 Feb 2008 10:38 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Plastering over the cracks????

Like 0      
26 Feb 2008 10:45 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Actually, you did say Developer as opposed to Builder

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

The Blue Palm, Marbella - 19 posts
SIX NATIONS - 18 posts
driving lesson - 6 posts
Pet Friendly Hotels - 3 posts
Furntire shops in Mojacar/Vera Playa area - 4 posts
DISNEY IN SPAIN - 12 posts
Residencia - 38 posts
New to the site and On the Move - 3 posts
Our little corner in the sun - 4 posts
insurance for contents/property - 3 posts
Personalised Holiday home website for sale - 0 posts
Our Spanish neighbours - 0 posts
Obtaining Refunds - 0 posts
Help needed regarding renting - 11 posts
Should we sell? - 1 posts
Counting the Costa Renting - 4 posts
Dial Up - Best Provider - 5 posts
Switching Mortgage from Spain to UK - 4 posts
newcomers - 1 posts
Where is best place to get kitchen appliances ? - 2 posts
BEWARE PROCESSIONAL CATERPILLARS - 20 posts
BMIBABY Free Flights - 2 posts
4 THINGS YOU PROBABLY NEVER KNOW YOUR MOBILE COULD DO! - 6 posts
Roda Golf - 12 posts
Update - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x