Help needed regarding renting

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by Laineechad Star rating in Manchester and Las F.... 43 posts Send private message

Laineechad´s avatar

Can anyone help me regarding renting my apartment, we already have a lady who looks after it for us, we pay her a yearly amount and she cleans up and does the washing and so on after it has been rented out.  We were thinking about going with a company who would advertise the apartment on the internet and so onand possible get us some more rentals , but we didnt know if they would allow us to keep the set up we have with this lady, or do they want to do everything ie, rent the property and do the key holding and cleaning and things like that, after sending an e.mail to a company that I found, they didnt (as yet) reply so I am at a loss as to what they actually do, so is there anyone out there who can give me some help about this,

Thank you

Like 0      
23 Feb 2008 5:57 PM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar

Hi Lainee

Don't know what it is like in your area but I don't suppose it differs much.  Here the management companies are quite reasonably reluctant to take on properties that they can't rent out during the peak summer holiday period as this is the only time they can realistically make any real money, and they have to pay their bills like the rest of us.

If you are happy with your lady who is looking after it and all you want to do is increase your rentals, why don't you advertise it on the web yourself - you can start with EOS where it is free.  Then google something like 'holiday rentals inxxxx (wherever you are)' or even 'in Spain' and see who is well ranked with the search engines, then choose two or three to put your property on.  There are some which are free and it is not necessarily the most expensive that give results.

There is lots of information on these forums about renting - have a look at all of them.

Good Luck

Jane

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      
23 Feb 2008 6:17 PM by Laineechad Star rating in Manchester and Las F.... 43 posts Send private message

Laineechad´s avatar
Thanks for that Jane, I have to say I hadnt even thought about that, it is something to think about, if we had our way of course we wouldnt have to rent it out at all, but with the cost of everything, we just need something coming in to ease the payments, but as I say thank you very much

Like 0      
23 Feb 2008 6:25 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Lainee,  I would say if you have a lady that does cleaning and washing for you an generally looks after your apartment and you are happy with her.  Then I would continue using her, that is my opinion.   Jane is right try advertising it yourself   on the forum also put adverts in locally where you live I know some people have picked up quite a lot of  custom that way plus you get to know the people that you are renting out to.   Good Luck Pat

Like 0      
23 Feb 2008 7:48 PM by Laineechad Star rating in Manchester and Las F.... 43 posts Send private message

Laineechad´s avatar

This message was last edited by Laineechad on 2/23/2008.

Like 0      
23 Feb 2008 10:56 PM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 300 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar
www.laymyhat.com has lots of information

Like 0      
23 Feb 2008 10:59 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hey Kelju, it looks great. It also has a forum. Handy to have so much re renting in one site. Sure lots will appreciate that.

Like 0      
23 Feb 2008 11:42 PM by flyingcat Star rating in London/Mojacar. 85 posts Send private message

flyingcat´s avatar
Morerosado, cannot help to notice your shining '3000' post banner. Can I ask how long it takes you to 3000? Year?

Like 0      
23 Feb 2008 11:45 PM by flyingcat Star rating in London/Mojacar. 85 posts Send private message

flyingcat´s avatar
silly me. just saw you joined in April 2005. That is roughly 1000 per year and about 20 per week. Wow.................. Congradulations

Like 0      
23 Feb 2008 11:45 PM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar

Hi Kelju

Thanks for reminding me about www.laymyhat.com

I used to go there a lot in the early days of the site but while I had nothing to let (and more importantly a hopeless internet connection) I rather forgot about it.  Have just visited and it has really developed into something impressive - all sorts of useful stuff. Will be taking some advice from there on building my own website among other things.

This message was last edited by jane b on 2/24/2008.

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      
24 Feb 2008 12:32 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi flying cat. You are looking at when I completed my property purchase. 

Search for Morerosado & click on first to see. So 26th May 2007 to 21st February 2008, yeah, not bad going, 9 months.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 2/24/2008.

Like 0      
24 Feb 2008 11:19 AM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 300 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

Happy to help, as they say.  I suppose that's what the forums are all about, someone, somewhere, has information that can benefit others.

Kelju

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Should we sell? - 1 posts
Counting the Costa Renting - 4 posts
Dial Up - Best Provider - 5 posts
Switching Mortgage from Spain to UK - 4 posts
newcomers - 1 posts
Where is best place to get kitchen appliances ? - 2 posts
BEWARE PROCESSIONAL CATERPILLARS - 20 posts
BMIBABY Free Flights - 2 posts
4 THINGS YOU PROBABLY NEVER KNOW YOUR MOBILE COULD DO! - 6 posts
Roda Golf - 12 posts
Update - 0 posts
What has happened to EOS? - 23 posts
Radio 4 - 1 posts
Exchanging properties? - 1 posts
New development. What do people usually do for digital TV - 14 posts
Public Transport - 3 posts
Telephone & Broadband Packages - 6 posts
Telephone & Broadband Packages - 3 posts
rf1798+ rf 1965 - 0 posts
Join in the celebrations for More's 3,000th post party. - 61 posts
CAR RENTAL FOR RENTERS - 0 posts
football clubs for kids? - 7 posts
Project - University of Roehampton - 5 posts
Tour Of Jardines At Condado De Alhama - 2 posts
whats it really like? - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x