insurance for contents/property

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by Gypsy Star rating in south shields/formen.... 206 posts Send private message

Gypsy´s avatar

can anyone advise.

our insurance for our apartment (building and contents)expires in 1 months time.

BUT I have just read my policy and it states I need to give 2 months notice to terminate the contract.

As I want to use another company what would my legal obligation be to our present insurance company.

1. will I have to stay with them for another year.

2. Would I have to pay them for the 1 month overlap

3.could I just give them a months notice and wait to see what they say.

All replies would be appreciated.

GYPSY

Like 0      
23 Feb 2008 9:00 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I'd tell them you sold three months ago & forgot to inform them & so don't need insurance.

See what they say as they likely could charge you two months insurance.

Worth a try. Then go with your new chosen company.

I know I advised you re insurers in a previous thread. R U going with http://www.saltsbay.com/  or http://www.easycover.net/  ?

You should've really put the question in here >>>  Insuring your property  where others would see it more.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 2/23/2008.

Like 0      
24 Feb 2008 9:15 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi morerosado,

I got quotes from the 2 companies you posted on the site, was going to go

with one of them but got a better quote from jennifer cunningham associates

in Benijofar

Thanks.

coolyes

Like 0      
24 Feb 2008 10:09 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Thanks for that, formentera costa. Our insurance is coming up for renewal on 20th April with easycover who say they haven't renewal cost in yet so we will get a quote. We like easycover as they don't insist you use the DD system so you don't get tied up with the usual problem everyone seems to get clobbered with, the 2 months cancellation notice. I've copied details off their website for others.

I know Jennifer's info. For others the Benijofar office is

Jennifer Cunningham & Associados
C/ Frederico Garcia Lorca Nº 36, 1st floor
Benijofar 03178
Click here for a map
Tel: 966 712 938 / Fax: 965 724 503
Send an email

How can I pay for my Easyinsurance policy?

We offer our customers a choice of easy payment methods. You can choose to pay your premium by direct debit, debit card or credit card. Or, if you prefer, by cheque or cash in our office. We accept the following credit and debit cards:

How can I renew my policy?

Approximately 4 weeks before your policy expires, we'll send you a renewal invitation by post which will show details of how to renew and what your new premium is. We may also contact you via sms or phone. We'll provide you with details of the terms on which your policy may be renewed. If we're unable to offer you a policy, we'll let you know and you may be provided with details of the terms on which your cover will continue via another Insurance company. By taking out a policy you agree to allow a change of your insurer at renewal.

If you pay your premium by direct debit, your existing policy may be automatically renewed, or your cover may continue to be provided through another insurer. You'll be notified of this before your policy expires and you'll be given details of the renewal terms including any changes in your policy cover. If you don't wish to renew your policy, you should tell us before your renewal date. If you don't tell us and your policy is renewed, we'll continue to make deductions from your bank account for the new premium.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 2/24/2008.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Personalised Holiday home website for sale - 0 posts
Our Spanish neighbours - 0 posts
Obtaining Refunds - 0 posts
Help needed regarding renting - 11 posts
Should we sell? - 1 posts
Counting the Costa Renting - 4 posts
Dial Up - Best Provider - 5 posts
Switching Mortgage from Spain to UK - 4 posts
newcomers - 1 posts
Where is best place to get kitchen appliances ? - 2 posts
BEWARE PROCESSIONAL CATERPILLARS - 20 posts
BMIBABY Free Flights - 2 posts
4 THINGS YOU PROBABLY NEVER KNOW YOUR MOBILE COULD DO! - 6 posts
Roda Golf - 12 posts
Update - 0 posts
What has happened to EOS? - 23 posts
Radio 4 - 1 posts
Exchanging properties? - 1 posts
New development. What do people usually do for digital TV - 14 posts
Public Transport - 3 posts
Telephone & Broadband Packages - 6 posts
Telephone & Broadband Packages - 3 posts
rf1798+ rf 1965 - 0 posts
Join in the celebrations for More's 3,000th post party. - 61 posts
CAR RENTAL FOR RENTERS - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x