The Blue Palm, Marbella

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

I have to put this up to tell anyone interested about this place. Its located on the paseo in Marbella, facing the sea near to Da Brunoa, Garum and The Banana Tree.

We first went there in October as teh Banana Tree was full and other half wanted to see the fottie. We had a couple of their homemade burgers which were very nice.

Then a coupel of weeks later passing by with the dog, it was a rainy day so we were after a coffee, but no one really allows dogs. These guys did and let us inside, watching the TV and nurse a couple of coffees whilst bringing water and biccies for the mutt. Rather impressed with their friendly ways and the 2 blokes are nutters there, they told us about their sinday roast

Now, usually they are not that good in Spain, spanish beef has its own texture not very good for roasting (in my opinion) and so we didnt go that sunday, but did the following one. It was baeutiful. Very pink rare beef, fresh veg, tasty gravy, and perfect speds. Again the hosts were very hospitable and even the other clients are all friendly.

We are now quite well known, they keep a table and the rearest beef for us, the dog is actually expected and he gets waited on first!!! and we tend to go most sundays usually with the kids.

Oh, and the price is under 10 euros! Highly recommended but if you do go - I warn you they keep the best table with the best sea view for us - or else!!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
24 Feb 2008 5:22 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Rixxy, have you been on the old vino ?

I have to put this up to tell anyone interested about this place. Its located on the paseo in Marbella, facing the sea near to Da Brunoa, Garum and The Banana Tree.

We first went there in October as teh Banana Tree was full and other half wanted to see the fottie. We had a couple of their homemade burgers which were very nice.

Then a coupel of weeks later passing by with the dog, it was a rainy day so we were after a coffee, but no one really allows dogs. These guys did and let us inside, watching the TV and nurse a couple of coffees whilst bringing water and biccies for the mutt. Rather impressed with their friendly ways and the 2 blokes are nutters there, they told us about their sinday roast

Now, usually they are not that good in Spain, spanish beef has its own texture not very good for roasting (in my opinion) and so we didnt go that sunday, but did the following one. It was baeutiful. Very pink rare beef, fresh veg, tasty gravy, and perfect speds. Again the hosts were very hospitable and even the other clients are all friendly.

We are now quite well known, they keep a table and the rearest beef for us, the dog is actually expected and he gets waited on first!!! and we tend to go most sundays usually with the kids.

Oh, and the price is under 10 euros! Highly recommended but if you do go - I warn you they keep the best table with the best sea view for us - or else!!!

Like 0      
24 Feb 2008 5:38 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Rixxy  does make me laugh More, I really had to giggle,  I have said before she ought to have a spell check on her PC or Laptop,  they might  get a free bottle of  Vino each ,dog included  and Rixxy has to try it,  perhaps it is specially prepared Beef.   Well thanks for that Rixxy.   Take care Pat 

This message was last edited by Pat and Roy on 2/24/2008.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2008 11:30 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Well actually the answer is yes - I did have some vino with the dinner before coming into the office to do a bit of work, so I was posting as I was doing other things and trying to stay awake!!!

Cant be bothered with spellcheck thingies - take too much time and you KNEW what I meant didnt you.....!

Bet you wont forget the place now!!

On the coffee this morning so better spelling!

Have a good one everyone!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
25 Feb 2008 11:45 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes Rixxy if we ever go back to Marbella,  The Blue Palm, will be imprinted on my brain,  It was the best laugh I had all day a bit sad really I suppose  Hope your dog has recovered as well???? .  Hope you have a good selling day  Take care Pat

Like 0      
25 Feb 2008 11:52 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Yes hes fine - happliy destroying yet another supposedly indestructable toy we got him!

Keep buying these things for him and its decimated within 15 minutes! Hes nicely lying at my feet but every so often gets up and forces his way between the chair and the desk. As the chair is on hweels it rolls back anf he places front paws to his chest on my lap to ensure I remember who he is!

Men - theyre all the same arent they!!

Quiet day today - had 2 phone calls so far, both from people deserate to sell. Its quite sad here too really. At least the sun is trying to get out.

Take care

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
25 Feb 2008 11:59 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Well, I'M just off to the docs, he's baying for my blood, literally.  See you guys later.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2008 12:56 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes that sounds about right Rixxy a male dog wanting all the attention,  just like all men do they all do that to you??????            I must have missed out somewhere in my life.      Yes I feel sorry for these people that are desperate to sell It must be an alwful position to be in.   More don't let them take to much blood you will not be able to do any housework.     Take care Pat

Like 0      
25 Feb 2008 2:06 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Yeah they are all the same Pat, but they just want their ears tickling and someone to feed them, clean up after tham and tell them they are a good boy!   Dunno where I went wrong either!!!

Yes it is a shame listening to so many sad stories - spoke to a lovely lady this moning - shes based in Antequera, in a small village. Lived here for 4 years and works the market stalls selling underwear and proper UK fitted bras. She says she is so quiet now, her main trade was the english, but nothing doing for weeks now. She has to sell up and go back to the UK as soon as possible as she is losing money daily and cannot afford to live here now.

This exchange rate is turninginto a problem - its going to put the last lot who were interested off, unless they can get full financing of course!

Enjoy the docs More - I had one done last week - thats why I needed the wine, to make up for what he took out

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
25 Feb 2008 3:19 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

works the market stalls selling underwear and proper UK fitted bras. She says she is so quiet now, her main trade was the english, but nothing doing for weeks now.

Wot, no one wearing undies these days, whatever next.

I'm fine, arm still intact. Shame I mentioned an ear that feels odd though after so much cold which lingered a month as nurse looked & said wax is compacted on eardrum due to having a cold for so long & I've to put olive oil in for a week & go back to have ear shringed.  So I bought myself 8 jam doughnuts (5 +3 free) from Somerfield 90p, bloody awful too.   All slimy to touch, JS are so much nicer. Think I'll take them back tomorrow. Just had three as I called on a friend & her fiance was there so we ate one each, saves Mr More & I eating four each.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2008 4:53 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Thats it! Ive gotta get some chocolate now!!!!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
25 Feb 2008 5:53 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Talking of chocolate, Rixxy. In our cheap shop that gets almost out of date foodstuffs in, they had Ferrera Rocher chocs in. 16 chocs, 200 grams, £1 Eat before 12th March, oh dear.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 6:35 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Ohhhh YUM!

Had to bump this up as were were yet agin at the usual on sunday for a spiffing roast beef dinner - and they reserved the tanle in Charlie's name!!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
04 Mar 2008 7:03 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Rixxy you did not post after you had been to the BLUE PALM, I so enjoyed that last time.   Glad you had a good time. Is work picking up?  I think I know the answer to that.     Pat 

Like 0      
05 Mar 2008 11:18 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hi Pat - I didnt dare post after the cider I had!!!

Work is pants but Im looking at other routes at the moment as well!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
05 Mar 2008 6:09 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Rixxy

Work is indeed pants, and a matching bra if you ask me.

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 6:57 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

And thong!

Was again at BP on saturday this time - shoked them all asking for a roast dinner!!! Were there to watch the footy and then the rugby but gave up halfway through the rugby!!

Had a roast beef with horseradish sarnie and cider - but dont tell anyone as they dont usually do RB sarnies, well not for just anyone!!!

They were rather annoyed we hadnt taken Charlie though!!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 10:26 AM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar
What was wrong with the rugby Rixxy, I thoroughly enjoyed it

Like 0      
12 Mar 2008 10:34 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
I dont mind them losing the odd game, but I hate a boring match - bit like lovers I guess.....................

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
12 Mar 2008 11:34 AM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar
Can't be on to all the time

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

SIX NATIONS - 18 posts
driving lesson - 6 posts
Pet Friendly Hotels - 3 posts
Furntire shops in Mojacar/Vera Playa area - 4 posts
DISNEY IN SPAIN - 12 posts
Residencia - 38 posts
New to the site and On the Move - 3 posts
Our little corner in the sun - 4 posts
insurance for contents/property - 3 posts
Personalised Holiday home website for sale - 0 posts
Our Spanish neighbours - 0 posts
Obtaining Refunds - 0 posts
Help needed regarding renting - 11 posts
Should we sell? - 1 posts
Counting the Costa Renting - 4 posts
Dial Up - Best Provider - 5 posts
Switching Mortgage from Spain to UK - 4 posts
newcomers - 1 posts
Where is best place to get kitchen appliances ? - 2 posts
BEWARE PROCESSIONAL CATERPILLARS - 20 posts
BMIBABY Free Flights - 2 posts
4 THINGS YOU PROBABLY NEVER KNOW YOUR MOBILE COULD DO! - 6 posts
Roda Golf - 12 posts
Update - 0 posts
What has happened to EOS? - 23 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 20

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x