Gay B&B

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by steveonthepc Star rating in UK - soon to be CB.. 11 posts Send private message

Hi Everybody.

We are researching the equirements of gay males that wish to stay in B&B in or around the Alicante area.

If you have views on this or suggestions of what you would expect from a service like this, please let us know.

What quality would you like to see?

How long in minutes would you be prepared to travel to the Beach/Town?

If the accommodation was exclusive and high quality, how much would you be prepared to pay for B&B?

What, if you are a gay male, would you like to see in a gay B&B?

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Many thanks in advance.

steveonthepc

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 4:58 PM by headless Star rating in Gandia. 40 posts Send private message

headless´s avatar

Hi Steve,   Not quite understanding the question. Why would a gay couple have any different requirements than a straight one? It only becomes a "Gay" B & B if you advertise it as such, and I'm not sure if you can legally do that  (discrimination). Just make the place as you would for others.....but advertise in the pink press.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 6:15 PM by SophieRF Star rating in Quesada. 62 posts Send private message

Hi Steve,

I cant say what ppls would look for but ido think it would be a good idea, they have them in other countries so why not here! I dont think u would have to advertise gay b&b but im sure if u advertised in the right way it would become known as that anyway.

All the best for your new venture, keep us posted.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 7:02 PM by steveonthepc Star rating in UK - soon to be CB.. 11 posts Send private message

Sorry if i confused you in referring to it as a gay B&B, what i meant was, we are hoping to attract members of the gay community and were canvassing for views as to whether there are any specific requirements of this group.

You are quite right, we would not want to discriminate in any way, however, we do have a target audience and wish to cater for them fully. For example, how close is it to the 'gay scene' i.e Pubs, Clubs etc. Similarly, would they expect to see gay books, literature, videos etc. Would they be happy to travel for the 30 minutes to the beach or would they prefer to stay a little closer.

On the flip side, how do others feel about being a guest in a guest house which has this target group as its market. (Remembering, we are not excluding anybody)?

We want to make this 'Home from Home' and know what we like and were seeking the views of others.

All views and comments appreciated.

Thanks again.

Steve

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 9:33 PM by Lucy_GM Star rating in Spain. 20 posts Send private message

Best of lucks for it, Steve!

Regards,

Lucy

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 10:33 PM by steveonthepc Star rating in UK - soon to be CB.. 11 posts Send private message

08 Feb 2008 11:24 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Interesting thread! From experience via friends of that persuasion, I always found their own properties to be high quality, minimalistic with bold neutral colours, so perhaps that would work as opposed to chintz!

They tend to be pretty well paid and expect the best so  a more boutique style bandb near to all facilities and yes close to town would be good. No reason you cant offer info on the area but I would doubt any of them or other clietns would want to have it thrust in their faces.

Good luck

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
08 Feb 2008 4:24 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
I sold a large property to clients who started a naturist B&B. It has never made them any real money and is presently for sale at a ludicrous amount of money. I haven´t taken it on. Not sure about the essence of the idea either. If it´s open to all, I can´t see the attraction for hetrosexual people to stay there, particularly straight men. If it´s to promote a bit of partner swapping from within, then it would broaden it´s market place by being a swingers B&B.

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
08 Feb 2008 6:24 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Steve,

Good luck with your venture.

I tend to agree with others here. Unless you wish to cater exclusively to single gay men, and whatever that implies, I would suggest concentrating on providing simple, clean, safe, comfortable accommodation. I'm no expert, but I ran an accommodation business here in Torremolinos, and generally I found that what our gay clientele appreciated mostly, was being treated exactly the same as everyone else. The fact that we advertised in gay media was enough to tell those who needed to know, that we were "gay-friendly".

If you aim your advertising at the gay market, that is what you will mostly attract anyway, but why limit yourself by styling the place in such a way that may put straight people off?

As to location, if people (of whatever persuasion!) want a beach holiday, they want to be able to walk there. If they want a country retreat, the beach may not be important. But gay men looking for a "scene" are most likely to want somewhere within walking distance of the night life. Does Alicante have a "scene"? I thought Torremolinos & Sitges were the only well known places (outside of the big cities of course).

I have PM'd you with a tip for advertising by the way.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Happy to be Here in Spain - 4 posts
Benahavis new life - 5 posts
Santander Branch change problems - 2 posts
searching for builder. - 0 posts
Buildings Insurance Company registered in Spain required - 3 posts
Property again - Guardian 6/2/08 - 10 posts
First Time member - 2 posts
Good Agent in Fuengirola - 0 posts
Long let wanted in Costa del Sol, nice location. - 1 posts
Changing lawyer - 5 posts
Scrapped Spanish Vehicles - 1 posts
Air Port Car Hire - 76 posts
Is there a best month to buy? - 33 posts
Community Law - 2 posts
Polaris in financial difficulties - 10 posts
addresses for b/bs and small hotels in fortuna - 14 posts
Coeliac - Where can I get gluten-free supplies - 5 posts
Gardening Leave - 3 posts
Tony - 1 posts
Translation - 5 posts
Fun - 8 posts
Working in Spain for uk company - 3 posts
Villa Wanted:CASH BUYER - 2 posts
Hello Everyone - 5 posts
Villa Wanted:CASH BUYER - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x