Hello Everyone

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by tracy1980 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hello,

Thought I would come and introduce us all and tell you a bit about us and ask advise, hope thats OK??

We are a young family there is me (tracy age 28), my partner (richard age 32) and our children (alex and tamzin age 3 and 2), we are moving to Spain in April 08 to Santiago de la ribera.  We have a house to rent which is nice and walking distance from school, beach and shops but still have some worries about kids settling, us settling, language barrier which Im sure everyone has. 

I currently work part time evening and also sell Usborne Childrens Books and wondered if you thought I would still be able to carry on succesfully with selling books in Spain, the majority are english books ranging from non fiction right through to educational books, there are a few available in Spainsh and also other languages.

My partner is a quailified electician and is hoping to find work within the first couple of months, he is also a qualified tiler and is excellent with general DIY and odd jobs.

Thank you all for your time and I look forward to hearing.

Tracy Leonard x x

Like 0      
04 Feb 2008 2:08 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Tracy & Richard & family.

I think you'll find Richard needs to take exams in Spanish in order to trade legally. Certainly we know expats (on pensions) who work doing anything they did in the UK for cash & even things they know nothing about too, which is worrying  (everyone works for cash & no receipts in sight either !)  

There are endless threads on children, settling in Spain & other concerns. EOS forum is massive & you should search for keywords. Not all advice gets into correct threads, most members deviate & I've long since taken the view that if you can't beat them you should join in so I'm a deviator of the highest degree also now.makes it tough on new members I understand. However we are here to help each other if possible so we'll point you in the right direction if we recall a thread on subject you're wanting to know about.

Check out Kids stuff  Moving to Spain  Working in Spain  Living in Spain amongst others.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 2/4/2008.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2008 6:39 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

Welcome Tracy, Richard and family.

As Morerosado has said you will find lots of help on various threads on this forum for the things you are concerned about. You have chosen a lovely area to live in and I hope you will be very happy.

Julia

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 11:24 PM by tracy1980 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi,

Just thought I would update you all on the progress.

Well we sign the paperwork to exchange on out English house on Tuesday and are looking for a completion date first week in April then we will be shipping over to Spain.

We have a house sorted and I have a possible job sorted just need to make contact when we are settled.  Richard is looking into the electrical side of things and what he would need to do to be able to trade in Spain legally as dont want to do anything underhand and want to start as we mean to go on.

We are all really looking forward to the new start but a little nervous (which im sure is to be expected).

Just hope move goes according to plan (but then again expecting something to go wrong) If I think the worst then can only be better really (thats what I think anyway lol).

Tracy x

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 11:31 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Tracey,  good to hear you seem you be doing great so far. I wish you every success. Good luck. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Villa Wanted:CASH BUYER - 0 posts
LONG LET WANTED PLAYA FLAMENCA - 0 posts
Rental Wanted - 6 posts
pozo del esparto apartment - 1 posts
English television in Spain - 1 posts
looking for rental - 1 posts
Spending OUR money !!!!!!!!!! - 3 posts
Benalmadena International College - 0 posts
Theory tests in Spain (online) - 1 posts
Spanish Income Tax on rental income for non residents - 28 posts
GOOD GAME - 12 posts
buying property - 2 posts
looking for 3 or 4 month rental on Costa Blanca, Costa del Sol, Costa Almeria - 1 posts
Do you have garage/storage room for rent local to Villamartin? - 0 posts
pictures - 3 posts
Car exchange - 8 posts
Advice required - 3 posts
Investment Company. - 8 posts
SNOWING IN BOLTON DREAMING OF SPAIN - 3 posts
Electrical Goods - 3 posts
When do Easyjet October 2008 flights go on sale? - 4 posts
Easyjet seem to have changed their boarding arrangements. - 6 posts
Spanish Vets - 1 posts
House-hunting in Spain? Contributors needed for Channel 4! - 12 posts
Contributors needed for Channel 4's 'A Place in the Sun: Home or Away' - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x