Is there a best month to buy?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar
As the post title says, just wondered if prices fluctuate according to the time of the year.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2008 6:48 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Good question. Summer can be good as many non serious buers are on their hols. Also leading up to Xmas.

Now is good - Im finding many sellers coming on and very keen to sell as after xmas all the credit card bills come in as well as a mortgage hike which sets them off.

Good luck with your search.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
05 Feb 2008 7:32 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar
Thanks Rixxy.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2008 9:50 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Agree, even static and slow markets start moving in the Spring and sellers get optimistic, so just now is generally very good

What are you looking for and where?

Also if you prefer to be independant flights are in general cheap just now but there is nothing wrong with an Inspection Trip with the right people

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 11:26 AM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar
We are looking at theVilamartin area . Likethe feel of the urbaniation but a bit concerned aout the social life.Places like Torrevieja and Quesada seem to have plenty going on,even for us retired types but feel VM might be a bit to quiet for us as we are not golfers.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 11:45 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Acapulco, we're very close to Quesada ourselves (5 mins drive) also very close to Guardamar (5 mins drive in opposite direction). Much nicer than VM I think. We stayed in VM a few days, not too impressed. From Quesada you have Benijofar, Rojales & Formentera on your doorstep too.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 2/10/2008.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 12:10 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Acapulco,

Villamartin does tend to swell in the summer and become a lot quiter in the winter and as you say there may well be a too little social activity for you if you do consider a permanent move.

Quesada and surrounding areas on the othere hand are generally a hive of activity all year around,i dont think there is anything that you couyld need that you would not find there either on the social side or for everyday life such as shops,banks etc....

If you could elaborate on your interests then maybe someone will post whats happening in the area.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 12:17 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Quesada and surrounding areas on the othere hand are generally a hive of activity all year around

Certainly when More & EOS mates are in town.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 12:22 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi More

i know this is totally off the point but..........

When are you over again?? Georgia needs some nesquik "magic straws" cant get them here............

she will be your friend for life...................

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 12:26 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

17th March till April 10th, no problem. Send me details as these are something we haven't seen, not having little ones around us. You waive your 2% selling fee & I'll go shopping for straws.

Chocolate and/or strawberry ??

This message was last edited by morerosado on 2/7/2008.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 12:36 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Its a deal...............

They are straws filled with either strawberry or chocolate,you drink milk through them and it makes it taste great............

It's Magic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 12:38 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I'll mail you rather than totally destroy thread.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 2/7/2008.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 12:41 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
ok,thanks.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 1:10 PM by TJ222 Star rating. 317 posts Send private message

I would say spring would be a good time

Around 2010 should be ok.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 1:21 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
TJ, you'll get lynched. Get back to  The coming worldwide credit crunch

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 1:42 PM by TJ222 Star rating. 317 posts Send private message

Sorry Morerosado - I'll get back to my own patch. Ouch you smack hard

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 1:57 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

Thanks, just found you More,I like the idea of a view of the salt lake. The wife is a keen line dancer  and we also like western partner dancing ( don't suppose you have heard of that)  Generally speaking we are sociable sorts and enjoy talking to people.Who knows what we might get into?

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 2:03 PM by TJ222 Star rating. 317 posts Send private message

neagtive equity?

Ouch - back to my box!

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 2:13 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Georgia are you sure they are not for you.  Pat

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 2:17 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

yes Tj222,

Clear off,with you around magic straws are starting to devalue......................................

ps,you didnt say what spring to buy in(you are not straying towards the dark side are you?)

by the way did you know that if you layed all the econmists and analysts in the world end to end you would still not reach a conclusion............

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Community Law - 2 posts
Polaris in financial difficulties - 10 posts
addresses for b/bs and small hotels in fortuna - 14 posts
Coeliac - Where can I get gluten-free supplies - 5 posts
Gardening Leave - 3 posts
Tony - 1 posts
Translation - 5 posts
Fun - 8 posts
Working in Spain for uk company - 3 posts
Villa Wanted:CASH BUYER - 2 posts
Hello Everyone - 5 posts
Villa Wanted:CASH BUYER - 0 posts
LONG LET WANTED PLAYA FLAMENCA - 0 posts
Rental Wanted - 6 posts
pozo del esparto apartment - 1 posts
English television in Spain - 1 posts
looking for rental - 1 posts
Spending OUR money !!!!!!!!!! - 3 posts
Benalmadena International College - 0 posts
Theory tests in Spain (online) - 1 posts
Spanish Income Tax on rental income for non residents - 28 posts
GOOD GAME - 12 posts
buying property - 2 posts
looking for 3 or 4 month rental on Costa Blanca, Costa del Sol, Costa Almeria - 1 posts
Do you have garage/storage room for rent local to Villamartin? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 34

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x