Happy to be Here in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Feb 2008 12:00 AM by kabri Star rating in Squatting in the Cos.... 45 posts Send private message

Hi,  my name is Katie and I am currently purchasing on the beautiful finca parcs project just inland from Murcia, I intend to introduce myself on that forum as well. Me and my husband left the uk early last year to seek a better life in our retirement years and i can honestly say that we feel that we have made the correct choice for us. We were a bit apprehensive at first after ready nonstop negative reports in the papers and of course that famous Trevor Mcdonald programe gave us the jitters. To fulfill our dream we had to jump in with both feet and sell our uk property and then rent over here, within two weeks of signing our rental agreement we were able to sign on the padron, get our nie numbers, buy a car, and then the residencia has been made so quick and easy that we had that the following week, we also now have excellent national health cover. I appreciate the some people have had problems, we have been extremely lucky I know,   we have had some good help and advice from numerous new friends that we have made and now looking forward to moving into our new home this coming summer. All I wanted to say is there is also a very bright side to living here in Spain and we would recommend it  to anyone in the uk  thinking of taking the leap,  just remember to do your homework first.         Katie and Ian

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 1:50 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Katie & Ian, welcome to EOS forum. So pleased to hear such a good story, makes quite a change these last few weeks. Yes, do your homework but too many don't seem to know the questions to ask especially if they don't watch forums. Even if you know the questions you may well not get truthful answers. We didn't always get truthful answers (OH NO) but how do you know you're being lied to ?  

Please could you put your Spanish location on your forum profile so if you ask a question we know where you're talking about ?

Continue to enjoy your lives in Spain & good luck on your completion, another milestone. .

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 2:25 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Katie and Ian,  welcome.   Glad to here a happy story well done. We have not been down that neck of the woods yet  but we are over in March till June so hopefully we will do some more sightseeing.   I have seen different clips and it all look's lovely.    I am glad you have not been put of with all the different publicity about buying in Spain, all doom and gloom.    I am glad everything has gone well for you.    Have a Lovely retirement.      Pat

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 2:41 PM by kabri Star rating in Squatting in the Cos.... 45 posts Send private message

Hi, thankyou everyone for the lovely welcome,  Morerosada I think I have added where we are to my profile, anyway it is called las higuericas fincaparcs just in case i have not added it correctly.  Still getting used to forums and my new computer, dont make the same mistake as us, we went over to the uk to purchase an english computer, bought it back over here and mananged to set the damn thing up with a spanish key board system,  it took us two weeks to work out where the @ was because on a spanish key board it is in a different place  !!!   still if thats our only problem we are lucky,  but as you say we still have the completion saga to go through yet.   we will see   !!!

thanks again    Katie and Ian

Like 0      
07 Feb 2008 2:47 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Yes, I see it, Katie. I cannot find a development forum though for it on EOS, can you ? I planned to give you the direct link but maybe there isn't a forum yet for that one. Why not start one ?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Benahavis new life - 5 posts
Santander Branch change problems - 2 posts
searching for builder. - 0 posts
Buildings Insurance Company registered in Spain required - 3 posts
Property again - Guardian 6/2/08 - 10 posts
First Time member - 2 posts
Good Agent in Fuengirola - 0 posts
Long let wanted in Costa del Sol, nice location. - 1 posts
Changing lawyer - 5 posts
Scrapped Spanish Vehicles - 1 posts
Air Port Car Hire - 76 posts
Is there a best month to buy? - 33 posts
Community Law - 2 posts
Polaris in financial difficulties - 10 posts
addresses for b/bs and small hotels in fortuna - 14 posts
Coeliac - Where can I get gluten-free supplies - 5 posts
Gardening Leave - 3 posts
Tony - 1 posts
Translation - 5 posts
Fun - 8 posts
Working in Spain for uk company - 3 posts
Villa Wanted:CASH BUYER - 2 posts
Hello Everyone - 5 posts
Villa Wanted:CASH BUYER - 0 posts
LONG LET WANTED PLAYA FLAMENCA - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x