Opinions Please: Strange Rental Situation

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by damok666 Star rating in Sunderland. 75 posts Send private message

Hi Everyone!

I'd be interested to know what people think of the following little goings on because I'm a little confused.

I am looking to move to a new rental in a few months and so have started to do some research etc and have been in contact with a couple of agents.  We had been going great guns with various properties in the right areas, pretty much swapping emails each day for a week or so.  However BOTH agents mentioned in emails things like 'Its great here in Spain....' or 'We advise you buy a Spanish car' or similar type statements but basically they both assumed I was moving over from the UK.  So I point out to them straight away that we've been here for over a year and are just looking to move to a different area.

And this is the strange part: I've never heard back from EITHER of them.  Exactly the same point in the 'finding out process'.  They assume I'm moving from the UK - I tell them I'm already here - I don't hear from them again.  One of them was a week ago now, and the other 4 days ago.

Am I being thick and missing something here?  Can anyone shed any light as to why?

Thanks in advance

Like 0      
26 Jan 2008 7:09 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I can't see any difference where you're moving from. As you say, strange.

Like 0      
27 Jan 2008 3:21 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

That is wierd as they get paid regardless of where you are from! Unless they dont exist or maybe something wrong with the email system??

Where are you moving to?

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
27 Jan 2008 7:03 PM by damok666 Star rating in Sunderland. 75 posts Send private message

We want to be nearer Alicante airport so its been areas like Hondon, Elche, Crevillente or at a push Dolores/Catral.

I just find it really weird how the relationship was building up quite well and they certainly had property we would have seriously considered and then just no reply. Strange.

Like 0      
27 Jan 2008 7:16 PM by micasa Star rating in Cancelada. 15 posts Send private message

Here is a possible reason from a rental agent.
We have clients who are in constant email contact with us, they ask us questions re the best areas, best schools, best of everything, then when they come to the area they make an appointment with you some turn up others don't , then don't answer their phone or emails sent.
In our business there are a lot of time wasters and you can get to a point where you want to give up!!!

Another thing we have found is certain agents never answer emails, return calls etc, crazy but true.

One more reason is that they may be trying to offload a completely unsuitable property, when they found out that you wanted to look before you took the property they then knew that they would not be able to.

Trust me not all rental agents are the same!!!

Like 0      
28 Jan 2008 9:36 AM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
I would go along with the idea that agents do get a fair few "ghost" enquiries...so called as the person asks disappears when you try to get in contact with them...BUT...

When I was looking for a rental in Moraira I contacted (walked) around every one of them...the feeling I got was 90% were not interested...they only wanted a sale...well as my father once told me any fool can sell in an up market, its when the market is down that you can see the real salesman. Now we are seeing a correction in the market its becoming clear that so many of theese agents will go the wall as they do not have the level of customer skills to build a relationship

I was lucky with my rental as I found a company in Moraira called BTB (spanish) and they were outstanding, once they found me a rental they didn't try to take money for "Finding" the property like others wanted to...and they have been outstanding since. Have a guess....when we move to buy who will be at the top of our list for helping us find a property...yup BTB.

If anyone needs help in that area...or around then ask for Juan Capo...I have his e-mail address...

There was another company called "Moraira Invest" who didn't sell houses but they were friendly enough to help me out with the school etc...again they will be on our list...

You get out what you put in ... in every area of life....work and pleasure...perhaps some of the prickly agents should realise this!!!!

Like 0      
28 Jan 2008 10:27 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Quote "When I was looking for a rental in Moraira I contacted (walked) around every one of them...the feeling I got was 90% were not interested...they only wanted a sale...well as my father once told me any fool can sell in an up market, its when the market is down that you can see the real salesman. Now we are seeing a correction in the market its becoming clear that so many of theese agents will go the wall as they do not have the level of customer skills to build a relationship"

How very true.............................

Hence the demise of so many agents on a daily basis...

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 11:24 AM by damok666 Star rating in Sunderland. 75 posts Send private message

Well thank you all for your input I think I find this the most interesting point:

One more reason is that they may be trying to offload a completely unsuitable property, when they found out that you wanted to look before you took the property they then knew that they would not be able to.

I've spent the last 2 days trawling websites and its very interesting how many times you come across the same property advertised, and amazing how many times the property we're after 'has just gone'. Its a bit like Teletext holidays where evertime you ring up and the one you want has, amazingly, just gone - "But we do have this one".

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 1:24 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Where we have our villa there's one identical for sale in next road on our urb. I saw it advertised online through a local company (not Georgia's company, calm it, mate) so I emailed them, as a prospective purchaser. I enquired whereabouts it was on the urb. Answer was "we haven't that information at hand  but come on our inspection trip & look with us". I answered "don't you know where you're selling ? Answer never came !!

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 5:52 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

All send out bait to trap the victims!!!

Or sheer laziness! They cant sell properly for toffee and instead of listening to clients requests, they pay lip service and ram something totally different down their throats!

Its why they will not survive through this as they actaully have no idea how to be a real estate egent (and hold their heads up!)

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 9:31 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar
It is really weird or as they say in Yorkshire: "There's nowt so queer as folks! "
Julia

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 9:31 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar
It is really weird or as they say in Yorkshire: "There's nowt so queer as folks! "
Julia

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 11:40 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Do they really say that twice, Julia ?

Like 0      
31 Jan 2008 2:02 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

Don't know how that happened must have pressed the button twice, yet another senior moment More!!!!!! Must be in need of some more sun from Spain, I wish!!!!!!!

Julia

Like 0      
31 Jan 2008 2:18 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Julia, talking about Spanish sun, I typed "spanish sun" into Google & look what came up, a great find. Save to your faves. It's a new one to me.

http://www.spanishsunnewspaper.com/

Like 0      
31 Jan 2008 11:23 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

Thanks, some interesting bits in there.

Julia

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

recommendations for traditional spanish restaurant welcome - 4 posts
Did you realise clutch & engine "misuse" isn't covered with some companies ? - 9 posts
Car Trailer for sale - 0 posts
McCormick Farmhall Cub Tractor - 1 posts
Solar batteries for sale - 1 posts
advice needed - 5 posts
Help!!! - 7 posts
Habitation license for Terrazas de Torreblanca - 1 posts
spanish or international school? - 36 posts
Advice on obtaining rightful information from community management - 2 posts
buying in el manantial playa flamenca, anyone else bought there yet??? - 0 posts
All you need to know about driving in Spain with a European licence - 19 posts
Car rental - 5 posts
Newsletter Alert! - 42 posts
good state school near sotogrande - 12 posts
2nd home in Spain - has the dream been tarnished? - 41 posts
Insurance companies - 9 posts
Drive-by valuation - 7 posts
driving to spain - 16 posts
help!! - 2 posts
area of sotogrande - 9 posts
GGGGGGGrrrrrrrrooooaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHH!!! - 9 posts
Estepona rental with internet needed - 0 posts
New laws on dangerous dogs in Spain will cause problems - 13 posts
whats best way to go about getting a job in spain please help - 33 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x