I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Nov 2007 12:00 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Well, here in the sub-tropical East Midlands (according to Global Warming purveyors of doom) it has been snowing for the last hour.  Cars and roofs covered in the white stuff.  Bodes well for a White Christmas, just hope I don't get snowed in so I can't go to work tomorrow (I should be so lucky).

Now I suppose we'll have all those denigrated 4x4 drivers cocking a snoot at the rest of us as they are the only ones able to get through in the morning.

Looking forward to visiting Espana in three weeks time.  No chance of snow on the Costa Blanca, is there? 

Like 0      
18 Nov 2007 9:07 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Wow you lucky b*gger. We moved to Leeds 6 years ago thinking we would see lots of snow, but it has hardly snowed a flake since!! I remember going to Mallorca one year at Christmas and it snowed. The younger locals were pretty puzzled by the appearance of the cold white stuff.

Mark

Like 0      
18 Nov 2007 9:15 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

I hate snow, when I have to travel to work & the trains are disrupted & it always turns into that horrible slushy mucky stuff.

We went to Canada at Christmas about 5 years ago & the snow was fantastic. The Rockies were just spectacular & a helicopter ride through the Rockies was awesome. The temperature was -22 degrees but it felt warmer than it has been here the last few days. 

Oh well back to reality........it's raining here again!!!!

Noreen

This message was last edited by nfm2862 on 11/18/2007.

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
18 Nov 2007 9:25 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Up to about 2 cm of the stuff now (nearly an inch).  Just had to brush the satellite dish off as we lost the signal.  Kids were outside making a snowman out of the stuff about an hour ago.  Great on skiing holidays, not so nice driving in it as the powers that be will, obviously, be taken completely by surprise that it sometimes snows in the winter in UK and will have put the gritting lorries into cold storage.

Like 0      
19 Nov 2007 10:31 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Brrrr! Was 22 degrees here yesterday, probably warmer. Were on the paseo in Marbella, strappy top and jeans and it was very hot! Still managed a superb roast beef dinner followed by homemade scone butter and cream....Yum!

Snow on the mountains so in a 2 hour drive we can go and get cold if we want or go skiing, then swim in the sea!

Totally fab!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
19 Nov 2007 10:42 AM by PVP Star rating in birmingham. 44 posts Send private message

Well swap here in Birmingham then because we had a White Sunday here in november with more to come at least 2 inches

Like 0      
19 Nov 2007 10:49 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Thats ok, its noooooo problem! I came here 13 years ago to partially escape the rediculus weather in the UK, I mean surely no self respecting migrating person form warmer climes seriously volunteered to go and live there???!

It looks very pretty, but I can see that on the internet!

Enjoy the snowmen!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
19 Nov 2007 11:04 AM by Troythecat Star rating in Stirlingshire, soon .... 72 posts Send private message

Troythecat´s avatar

well Bobaol you got snow before us, that makes a change! I remember 30 years ago being snowed in every winter with snow drifts cutting our village off. No bread or milk for days,  How things have changed, we hardly get snow now! I for one am glad because I hate it as well!

Bring on the sun!   Margaret

Like 0      
19 Nov 2007 1:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
More rain here today in Somerset.  Looking forward to sun all the way as we are spending christmas & new year in Spain.

Like 0      
19 Nov 2007 6:04 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Last night there was 3 inches of snow on the road from Barkby to Market Harbro!!!
It's blooming cold and I can't wait to come home to Spain tomorrow!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
19 Nov 2007 7:54 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
About 3 inches here as well.  Unfortunately, it rained in the early hours and the roads were clear so I had no excuse to go to work.  Can't trust this damnable weather.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

moving to spain in 2008 - 1 posts
christmas dinner - 2 posts
Shortish Term Rental in Spain - 0 posts
Land Registry Fees - 1 posts
Adding images to a signature - 18 posts
Remembrance Day Public Holiday in UK - 3 posts
thinking of living in spain - 15 posts
Searching individual forum - 0 posts
Hello - 4 posts
Ryanair cabin crews strip for charity, one for the EOS males, I think !! - 9 posts
ikea malaga - 2 posts
Jet 2 baggage question - 4 posts
Keen Angler where are the best waters - 0 posts
Avalon Irish Bar Bigastro??? - 6 posts
TRANSFER TAX - 2 posts
Moving to Fortuna - 13 posts
ALCAIDESA+OCEAN ESTATES+ALLERTON HOLDINGS +MESS! - 0 posts
21 Today???? - 12 posts
Thinking of moving here tips etc appreciated x - 0 posts
Sevilla - 2 posts
How cheap is THIS flight & hotel break to Nerja, CDS - 1 posts
Congrats Justin 1500 posts - 1 posts
pool update - 20 posts
Are we all stupid? - 4 posts
Can't pay mortgage - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x