Sevilla

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Nov 2007 12:00 AM by AndyGorgeCruz Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Had a look through the last few pages but couldnt find anyware on Sevilla.

What is it like to live in Sevilla?
Is there many English people?

Its a lovely place and in a good location, and it is the place im planning on moving to. But from what i have seen not many other English/Non Spanish people have moved there or is this just because people say there moving to Andalusia in general.

Like 0      
12 Jan 2008 4:55 AM by IvorMac Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

From my experience expats prefer to be in coastal areas as Sevilla is uncomfortably hot in the summer and very expensive all year round, probably the most expensive city in Andalucia. Jerez may suit you better it is cheaper, friendlier and 20 mins from beautiful beaches with a lovely cooling breeze.

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 3:31 PM by ufotour Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi - I have lived in Seville for about 15 years. It's a beautiful city  with loads going on. What I would say though is that it is extremely difficult to get work unless it is in the teaching English world. "Normal" jobs are almost impossible to get for outsiders because it is a place which very much works on who you know - or even more - who you are related too. It's very common for people to get work  through a recommendation from somebody in the family. There are a fair number of British people living here but there is not really any sense of a British community and I'd lived here for quite a while before meeting any. In order to live here you have to accept that you may have to work in the language field or have a specific skill or area of knowledge and work in some kind of freelance way. In my case for example - I have always been involved  in the music world and have been able to find work here organising tours for bands and helping on production/ stage managing for festivals etc. It's not an easy place to get started if you just arrive and hope to find a job.
All best
Andrew Jarman

This message was last edited by ufotour on 1/25/2008.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

How cheap is THIS flight & hotel break to Nerja, CDS - 1 posts
Congrats Justin 1500 posts - 1 posts
pool update - 20 posts
Are we all stupid? - 4 posts
Can't pay mortgage - 11 posts
Los Collados Golf Aguilas - 4 posts
Very Difficult! Have a house built but being misled with the mortgage?? Can I get there? - 3 posts
Telephones - 1 posts
Information please - 3 posts
Selling my off-plan apartment - 4 posts
Anyone live in La Romana? - 6 posts
furniture stores in and around Almoradi - 7 posts
Anyone knows about a Real Estate Portal to buy a House in Costa Calida, Spain? - 3 posts
Novocasa - 1 posts
Help required with adding new off-plan develoment please - 1 posts
Has anyone used Rightmove? - 3 posts
New Poster - needing some help please - 10 posts
Respite / Care for handicapped - 0 posts
A Cautionary tale..... - 11 posts
Recovering stolen property - 0 posts
LEST WE FORGET............... - 5 posts
Boat Berths---Costa Calida - 2 posts
polaris world hr phase2 resale - 2 posts
Belfast, Liverpool & Newcastle - Summer Flights with Easyjet Released - 2 posts
Cost of transferring money to an account in the same branch - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x