Proxy Vote and DNI

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Nov 2007 12:00 AM by tiffer Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi,

Our community committee has stated that for my proxy vote to be used I must supply my DNI identification with my proxy vote.

As a non resident, I do not have a DNI number. I supplied a copy of my passport, and this was deemed not acceptable. I have a NIF number

My research tells me the following :-

This contravenes the European Convention on Human Rights in that they are differencing between Citizens from other European Countries. It is not necessary under the Charter for a citizen from another Country to obtain another form of identification. In other words a Passport is valid evidence of identification.
This Committee have contravened that in saying that only DNI document is evidence of identification.

Can someone confirm this for me please.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2007 1:32 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
07 Nov 2007 7:07 PM

Karensun
Star rating
Finca

Karensun´s avatar

I'm in Orihuela Costa

I've made 608 posts

Edit this post

You do NOT need DNI number for your proxy vote.

You need to sign and put your address is all, and add the name of who you want to vote for you in your absence.

Your administrator must know you own the property ( you can prove that in any event by producing your deeds ) and I don't suppose they queried your identification when you paid your Community Fees ???

If your Committee continue in this way you will have reason to have the whole situation annulled as it contrevenes your rights.

Answered you yesterday after you posted in 'running a community'.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
08 Nov 2007 7:42 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

You should be fine with your passport, however if you owne a property in Spain then you will have an nie number at the very least

It will be on your title deeds and this identifies you as the true owner

You should have been given a certificate of this as well, and while I realize it aannoys you, perhaps something got lost in the translation, but also officials here in Spain can put their foot down and create problems. depends if you can be bothered or not

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
08 Nov 2007 7:49 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Your infomation is correct tiffer. That principle regarding the rights of foreigners to use their  national way of identification is of course contained in our Constitution and our Foreigners General Act too.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
08 Nov 2007 9:57 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

It's well known now that, even as a resident, there is no requirement for other EU nationals to have Spanish ID, so if this is in fact what your community is insisting on, send them this link http://extranjeros.mtas.es/ and tell them to get their facts straight or face being dragged through the European Courts.

If on the other hand they are simply asking for your NIE number, then (as Rixxy suggests) you're best just giving it to them - along with your passport copy as ID, of course!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Polaris World on Watchdog - 23 posts
Costa Blanca Fish and chips - 10 posts
Swimming Pool - 0 posts
DNI requirement. for community proxy vote - 2 posts
Matt & Lou - 1 posts
Swimming Pool - 2 posts
breech of contract? - 3 posts
habitation licences advice - 28 posts
My Yorkshire Terrier pup only weighs 50 grams! - 2 posts
help with rental - 0 posts
Pressure to Complete - 30 posts
Small dog wanted - UK (Brighton/Croydon area) - 8 posts
VAN HIRE TORREVIEJA - 1 posts
new member - 3 posts
UPDATE RE LATEST VISIT - MARCH 2007 - 7 posts
Getting a trade - 1 posts
Hand over soon - 0 posts
paddle tennis - 3 posts
Which areas to be looking at? - 11 posts
Interest Rates - 4 posts
Jardines de Alhama. - 1 posts
Rental Potential Almerimar and Punta Prima - 12 posts
wanted - long term rental - 2 posts
LOOKING - 1 posts
Bars near Murcia Airport - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x