Introduction

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by andygman Star rating in Leeds. 21 posts Send private message

Hi there everyone

My name is Andy and myself and the dragon (Christine the better half) are giving up on the UK and moving to Spain. We are both in our 50s so its time to retire and relax

Just in the process of buying a property in Cantabria. What a daunting task it is, think I will go to the doctors and get some valium (lol) .

We would like any help from members about things like, whether it is better to be taxed in the Uk or to pay Spanish taxes. Also firms that move people over, cost and what are the best ones to use. Will also be taking the 2 moggies with us so which are the best people to use.

All the best to everyone

Andy and Christine

This message was last edited by andygman on 10/26/2007.

This message was last edited by andygman on 10/26/2007.

This message was last edited by andygman on 10/27/2007.

Like 0      
26 Oct 2007 3:37 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Andygman

Welcome to EOS, I am sure you will get loads of help from members who have already made the move, good luck!

For your own security though, edit you post and remove your private e-mail address.

Kind regards

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
26 Oct 2007 9:05 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Hi

If you scroll down further to Living in Spain you will see a thread titled Retiring to Spain.  There's a lot of information here about calculating tax in Spain.  This might help you to make a decision.

Like 0      
02 Nov 2007 6:52 PM by coast-almeria Star rating in Mojacar. 71 posts Send private message

Hi

When we moved down to Mojacar, Almeria we used a company called David Dale from Boroughbridge near Harrogate where we used to live.  They were fantastic and would highly recommend them, they even coped with my other half who was more concerned about his brandnew motor bike then his other half, worldly possessions and our wonderful animals, 2 crazy cats and and even crazier puppy lab.  My only regret was flying the animals over, if you have the patience I would drive them down, I have lived all over the world with cats and have found on all occasions the handlers just didn't seem to care.

Sorry I've been no help for the moggies but I really could not recommend David Dale enough, from what I remember I had mixed up the cargo's arrival date and the day that our 'urgent possessions' came over I was found shopping in Primark Murcia, a good 2 hours from our house, the guys came t meet me in the car park in Ikea, highly embrassing but great customer service!!!!!

Good Luck with the move

Regards

SJ

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Any chance of my PMs ever working again ? - 6 posts
Taxi licence...... - 0 posts
JUST INTRODUCING MYSELF :) - 9 posts
Communal Dishes - 60 posts
Introduction. - 1 posts
Restaurants close to La Torre - 7 posts
GB Airways - 0 posts
Selling off plan tax?? - 3 posts
Secluded villa wanted for photo shoot....... - 2 posts
Question about Lo crispin. - 8 posts
general information - 5 posts
Hi everyone - 3 posts
english radio stations - 12 posts
Watchdog??? - 8 posts
Orihuela Costa - Development Hell - 6 posts
Road directions - 6 posts
Bank Guarantee - 0 posts
music - 2 posts
Problems with Spanish Lawyer - 4 posts
Taking everything - 8 posts
Soneyia - 3 posts
Question ( s ) of the day...........again. - 3 posts
Which mortgage conditions to chose - 21 posts
Can nigerians buy in spain? - 2 posts
lifts - 17 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x