JUST INTRODUCING MYSELF :)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by angelbabe911 Star rating in JARDIN 13 . 489 posts Send private message

angelbabe911´s avatar
JUST WANTED TO SAY HELLO

I HAVE JUST RESERVED A PLOT ON CONDADO DE ALHAMA AND AM FLYING OUT ON 6TH NOVEMBER TO HAVE A LOOK AND DECIDE WHETHER TO GO AHEAD AND BUY - BEEN READING LOTS OF COMMENTS SOME GOOD SOME BAD BUT WILL KEEP AN OPEN MIND - HOPING TO LIVE OUT THERE PERMANENTLY.  EVERYONE SEEMS TO HAVE PICTURES TO POST BUT I HAVE NOT A CLUE HOW TO FIND THEM OR VIEW THEM  - HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED - HOPE TO ADD SOME MORE COMMENTS WHEN I RETURN

THANKS
CAROL

Like 0      
26 Oct 2007 12:07 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Angelbabe,

There are many good points and some bad about buying on a Polaris Deveelopment.

They are a very good price,the facilities will be great when they are all finished,nice views,restaurants,bars and in some cases schools within easy reach and in a growing area(financially and infrastructurally).

The down side is;a high percentage were and are being purchased by investors who will probably never visit and look to sell them on,i have played golf on La torre recently and it came across as a bit of a ghost town.

I like polaris as a product for price and specification but i am not sure it is the ideal place to live,it depends on the lifestyle you are after when you move here.

As an agent you always have to ask yourself if you would live  there yourself and if they are a good investment.

They pretty much sell themselves as investment but i am not sure about the permanent living side of things.

Polaris are a huge company and as per usual let themselves down a little with customer service that is why they generally prefer to sell through agents so that we answer the enquiries and phone calls for them.

Have a look at La Isla while you are there that will be nice and has a novelty value.

Good luck with your trip.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
26 Oct 2007 1:02 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Carol

Welcome to Eye on Spain.

The first thing you need to do is sign up for the Condado de Alhama message board at:

http://www.eyeonspain.com/ViewDevNo.aspx?dev=C139

Then you will see a link under "Forums" for this message board and you can access the photos by clicking "Photos" in the top menu in the members area.

Hope that helps and good luck with your purchase.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
26 Oct 2007 2:12 PM by angelbabe911 Star rating in JARDIN 13 . 489 posts Send private message

angelbabe911´s avatar
Thanks for replies, although now I am having doubts - I was told that living on a PW complex would be a good thing for me and my children.  Well will have lots of questions to ask whilst out there before paying deposit - but thaks again for replies

Carol

Like 0      
26 Oct 2007 3:21 PM by sazzle Star rating in Scotland, soon to be.... 45 posts Send private message

hi there

I like you first started off looking at polaris world resort (la Torre one) as it was recommended to me by a friend and I have no doubt that its a lovely place to live and have no critism of people who live on them but after months of research - decided against it.  I am now moving to Costa Blana South into a town.

I am sure once you find the right place you will know, I know I did!!

Welcome to the EOS forum where you will find loads of helpful people to help you with the big move, they certainly helped me a lot.Do you all remember my posts in the beginning???

Morerosado, remember.......sarah you are wearing us all out LOL, hee hee. It was worth it tho!

saz

This message was last edited by sazzle on 10/26/2007.

Like 0      
26 Oct 2007 6:08 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

We live in the country very near to Condado de Alahama and can see that building is taking place. We have also bought on Riquelme (also PW) and this is 12 months late and we are taking them to court to cancel contract. Having said that we have been to La Torre and it looks super but I don't think it is the place to live full time as most properties are holiday homes only. This area is certainly growing and the infrastructure is getting better all the time. We now have super shopping facilities within easy reach as well as the beaches at Mazarron and Costa Calida proper. The new airport due in 2009 will also be good for the area.If you are coming out under your own steam why not have a look with some of the smaller agents while you are here. If you need any info will be glad to help so please email us.

Jean

Like 0      
26 Oct 2007 6:08 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

We live in the country very near to Condado de Alahama and can see that building is taking place. We have also bought on Riquelme (also PW) and this is 12 months late and we are taking them to court to cancel contract. Having said that we have been to La Torre and it looks super but I don't think it is the place to live full time as most properties are holiday homes only. This area is certainly growing and the infrastructure is getting better all the time. We now have super shopping facilities within easy reach as well as the beaches at Mazarron and Costa Calida proper. The new airport due in 2009 will also be good for the area.If you are coming out under your own steam why not have a look with some of the smaller agents while you are here. If you need any info will be glad to help so please email us.

Jean

Like 0      
28 Oct 2007 11:27 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Sazzle said "Morerosado, remember.......sarah you are wearing us all out LOL, hee hee. It was worth it tho!"

I do recall saying that cos you certainly did then you disappeared to the "other" forum (Torre one we often speak of) where you seemed to ask all the same questions.  178 posts there.   Aw well......................

Like 0      
28 Oct 2007 2:14 PM by David Courtney Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

we have just moved to la torre for the winter. It took a long time in coming but we now feel it was worth the wait.The resort is looking lovely and the call centre has got its act together and any problems we have had(not many) have been dealt with quickly. Its lovely to see children around the place and when the investers sell off i can see la torre being a very nice place to live.Plus we are so central to murcia and mar menor also the airport what else do we need

david and linda phase 8

Like 0      
31 Oct 2007 12:12 PM by angelbabe911 Star rating in JARDIN 13 . 489 posts Send private message

angelbabe911´s avatar
Well certainly given me food for thought - need to have a serious re-think  - Thank you all for your feedback its much appreciated

Carol

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Communal Dishes - 60 posts
Introduction. - 1 posts
Restaurants close to La Torre - 7 posts
GB Airways - 0 posts
Selling off plan tax?? - 3 posts
Secluded villa wanted for photo shoot....... - 2 posts
Question about Lo crispin. - 8 posts
general information - 5 posts
Hi everyone - 3 posts
english radio stations - 12 posts
Watchdog??? - 8 posts
Orihuela Costa - Development Hell - 6 posts
Road directions - 6 posts
Bank Guarantee - 0 posts
music - 2 posts
Problems with Spanish Lawyer - 4 posts
Taking everything - 8 posts
Soneyia - 3 posts
Question ( s ) of the day...........again. - 3 posts
Which mortgage conditions to chose - 21 posts
Can nigerians buy in spain? - 2 posts
lifts - 17 posts
Rights when left with Furniture Pack on Non Completion - 1 posts
Electronics - 0 posts
Acta de Acrediaci An de Finde Obra - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x