lifts

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Can anyone suggest some places to go to when we are out in November, we will have a car.

Thanks, would love to know all the nice little places you all have found since going our there.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
23 Oct 2007 3:09 PM by Rusty2712 Star rating in Benalmadena Costa. 71 posts Send private message

Could try Ronda, bit of a drive but very nice

Like 0      
23 Oct 2007 4:05 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Cabopino port - worth a stroll, Marbella paseo, lovely longish stroll with plenty of watering holes to name but 2

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
23 Oct 2007 5:13 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

For Ronda take some warm clothes in November - layers best and possibly gloves - can be beautifully sunny but at the same time very cold - well for Spain anyway.

Cadiz is interesting and a lot of history - Sevilla is a beautiful city and much history but depends on how much time you have - mixed opinions about Jerez - some say its good others not so. Go up to the Alhambra in Granada but best to book in advance - it all really depends on how much time you want to spend in the car - of course if its like last November you may wish to spend your days on the beach getting your BTMs brown!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
23 Oct 2007 8:26 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Been to both Cadiz and Seville and loved them both, I was meaning something more in the area and not too far from Duquesa say maybe half hour drive.

And what are BTM's?????????

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 6:18 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Grazalema. ( Cadiz)

Tarifa. ( Cadiz)

ZAhara de los ATunes o Bolonia beaches. ( Cadiz)

Carmona and its Parador ( National network of residences, hotels... worth it to try several of them) ( Seville)

Alpujarras ( Granada)

Regarding Paradores:

www.parador.es ( There is an English version of course) CLick on the upper right buttom ( ENGLISH)

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 10:48 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Blimey - half an hour from Duquesa restriction - I guess that means Gib, Marbella, Estepona, Sotogrande and Casares - Leroy Merlin at Cañada - - half an hour - there was I thinking you were the intrepid adventurous types - then again you would need to be for Leroy Merlin and Cañada.

BTM's is short for shhhhh......................................................................... bottom

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 11:49 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
Maureen...take a trip to Ronda but go by train, wonderful scenery and much easier. get on the train at San Roque..I will tell you more on the 9th.  Benahavis is worth a visit and lunch, as is Istan near Marbella.

Regards

John

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 12:09 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Agree with Benahavis for lunch at that time of the year as should not be too touristy but not sure about Istan - bit of a one horse town and have been a couple of times and wondered why I bothered with the drive up there - Ojen might be worth a look though - again a bit of a one horser but I think more there than Istan - Monda is ok for a stroll and coffee or lunch at the castle hotel there. Half an hour from Duquesa - probably a little more but less than an hour.

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 12:13 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
Suppose I agree about Istan itself but there is restaurant  on the right just before you get into the town which has tremendous views down the valley and over the reservoir. If the weather is good that is!!!

Regards

John

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 12:27 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Guess we cant have it all ways - I moan about Mijas being too full of tourists (and Benahavis) and then moan about Istan being too quiet - hmm just no pleasing some people!!

This message was last edited by Smiley on 10/24/2007.

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 1:26 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

No pleasing you Smiley! Thought us women were fussy!!!

Also Ojen, Alhaurin, Malaga centre worth a visit, Coin if you can be bothered, or just drive around and see where your nose takes you.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 4:35 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Bit more than half an hour, but El Torcal & El Chorro (both in the general direction of Antequera) worth a visit if you want to get away from the concrete jungle. If that's not important, then why not pop over to Torremolinos!

Don't know about Ronda in the winter. Neighbour of mine took a bus trip up there last year, got trapped in a snow storm and had to spend the whole night in the bus waiting to be rescued! Unbelievable, but true.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
25 Oct 2007 2:11 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Grazalema  ( I am half from there- my dad was born and rised there and I have spent all the summers of my life in that beautiful, quiteful, picturesque town) is 30 mins from Ronda and 30 mins from Arcos de la Frontera ( also worth visiting). Justin has something written on this town in his blog. My family and Justin´s family ( Susan and two little cute girls) met there one year ago.
See at the bottom of this page:

http://www.eyeonspain.com/blog/archives/2006_10_01_archive.html

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
25 Oct 2007 2:50 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Maria I have to ask you - ¿which half of you is from Grazalema - the top half, the bottom half or left or right sides?

¿Where is the other half of you from?

My sincerest apologies and no disrespect intended - British humour!!!!!

Like 0      
25 Oct 2007 2:55 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
A yoga teacher said to me once that our left side is the reflect of our mother and right´s of our father. According to this, my right side is from Grazalema.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
25 Oct 2007 2:59 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Excellent reply - I hope parenthood is treating you well - you will need your sense of humour for many many years to come!!

Like 0      
25 Oct 2007 3:26 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

And a good way to maintain your sense of humour is to read EOS 

Regards

John

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Rights when left with Furniture Pack on Non Completion - 1 posts
Electronics - 0 posts
Acta de Acrediaci An de Finde Obra - 10 posts
Becky's Duquesa 9th November, anyone fancy it. - 94 posts
Renting property - 8 posts
Abusive clause Question - 5 posts
Cleaner - 3 posts
Capital Gains or inherited property - 1 posts
Gestoria Soria Bonilla - 0 posts
Hi Im Jon and i have a 7 year ongoing battle with Aroca Seiquer - 1 posts
CASE STUDY NEEDED: USED EQUITY RELEASE ON FOR AN OVERSEAS PROPERTY? - 0 posts
Health Insuarance for cancer sufferers? - 7 posts
Long term rental contracts. - 2 posts
Is it me or is it quiet in here?................. - 114 posts
cabo roig - 3 posts
SimpleOverseas / Inroal - how do I get my money refunded - 11 posts
La Campaneta - 11 posts
Hi all - 5 posts
YOUR MUSIC HERE (LET US KNOW WHAT YOU LIKE) - 0 posts
english phones in spain. - 4 posts
AEA Community Charge - 5 posts
A succesful trip - 1 posts
looking for a web-site can you help please - 4 posts
Finacially better to be married in Spain? - 4 posts
all saints day and halloween query? - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x