Road directions

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

In the UK, you can use sites such as the AA or RAC for directions to a place. I have yet to find something similar for Spain. I have my Tom Tom so it isn't a problem, but for others it could be problematical. I tried a route using the AOL route finder from Murcia to Vera Playa, but it gave me the route that existed before the motorway opened. I have seen some directions in the Thalassa forum, but they aren't as detailed as I would have hoped. Ideally I would like to be able to put in the departure airport and the arrival postcode. Has anyone ideas where I can find this please?

Thanks

Mark

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 4:21 PM by Rusty2712 Star rating in Benalmadena Costa. 71 posts Send private message

have you tried viamichelin

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 4:28 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

"...Ideally I would like to be able to put in the departure airport and the arrival postcode."

Mark, I'd leave it up to the pilot if I were you. They're generally quite good at finding their way!

Seriously though, try Rusty's suggestion: http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/int/tpl/hme/MaHomePage.htm

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 4:34 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Yeah, I see where I went wrong there .

I don't recall the journey from Murcia airport to Vera being as long as these sites say they are. 124 miles and a 2 hour journey is quoted. It only took just over an hour to get to Mojacar from Murcia and Vera is closer, so what gives?

If I put in the postcode of the area I want to go to in Michelin, it shows the destination as being Puerto del Rey. Looking at my basic map, is that anywhere near Vera?

Mark

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 4:50 PM by Rusty2712 Star rating in Benalmadena Costa. 71 posts Send private message

Hey Mark,

Dont worry about timings 'cos they tend to have you driving at 60km/hr......yeah right. I think I was quoted as 4hrs to Seville took quite a bit less than 3!!!!!!

As for the postcode thing havent a clue sorry.

If you try google maps it can be very interesting as apparently certain parts of Murcia are in 'France'!!!!!!!

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 5:00 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

"certain parts of Murcia are in 'France'!!!!!!!"

So they'll be the parts where you definitely won't get free healthcare?!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 5:14 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Google maps won't let me put in the locations I want, so I gave up there!! I suppose the wife will have to use a pen a paper when we go over and write it all down. Although I have Tom Tom, it won't include the new motorway as i'm too tight to buy the new maps .

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bank Guarantee - 0 posts
music - 2 posts
Problems with Spanish Lawyer - 4 posts
Taking everything - 8 posts
Soneyia - 3 posts
Question ( s ) of the day...........again. - 3 posts
Which mortgage conditions to chose - 21 posts
Can nigerians buy in spain? - 2 posts
lifts - 17 posts
Rights when left with Furniture Pack on Non Completion - 1 posts
Electronics - 0 posts
Acta de Acrediaci An de Finde Obra - 10 posts
Becky's Duquesa 9th November, anyone fancy it. - 94 posts
Renting property - 8 posts
Abusive clause Question - 5 posts
Cleaner - 3 posts
Capital Gains or inherited property - 1 posts
Gestoria Soria Bonilla - 0 posts
Hi Im Jon and i have a 7 year ongoing battle with Aroca Seiquer - 1 posts
CASE STUDY NEEDED: USED EQUITY RELEASE ON FOR AN OVERSEAS PROPERTY? - 0 posts
Health Insuarance for cancer sufferers? - 7 posts
Long term rental contracts. - 2 posts
Is it me or is it quiet in here?................. - 114 posts
cabo roig - 3 posts
SimpleOverseas / Inroal - how do I get my money refunded - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x