Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by herwotdus Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

hello,

new to the site,

just wondered if anybody out there knows how to alter an english cordless telephone to work here.

excellent site very informative.

thanks

yve

Like 0      
21 Oct 2007 5:25 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

If it's the same as my cordless phone there's a detachable cable from the base unit to the BT socket.

The base units have the same size fitting it's just the one going into the Telefonica socket that is a different size.

You can buy these cables in Todo shops for a couple of euros.

Like 0      
21 Oct 2007 5:32 AM by herwotdus Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

your up early

thanks i'll try it again,

didnt seem to work when i tried it last

yve

Like 0      
21 Oct 2007 5:29 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I recently took over a duo cordless phone set because it also had an answer phone.  I used the cable from one I had bought previously in Spain and it works.

In todo shops I've seen replacement cables shaped like a spring and also extension leads.  Check the fittings at each end, one should be slightly larger than the other  The smaller one is the one which goes into the Telefonica plate in the wall.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2010 8:38 PM by K 5ive Star rating in Cambrils. 116 posts Send private message

Hi I wonder if anyone can help. I have just plugged my BT 3016 Diverse classic into a vodaphone spain line for the first time. However nothing is working. I plugged a cheap UK phone in and it worked fine. I used a modem cable that I had. Is there any difference in the phone and modem cables and could that be the reason why it is not working. It is a bt phone but made by Siemens.

I also want to use my classic red dial phone fone here. I know i will have to get the cable changed for one here. Anyone know if thats possible?

Thanks in advance.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

AEA Community Charge - 5 posts
A succesful trip - 1 posts
looking for a web-site can you help please - 4 posts
Finacially better to be married in Spain? - 4 posts
all saints day and halloween query? - 9 posts
Need for Coffee - Sandwitch bars - 2 posts
Car Hire - Mandatory Accessories - 20 posts
Almoradi - 7 posts
hola - 1 posts
CAR HIRE - 112 posts
cheap flights - 0 posts
Anyone in Manilva - and you Justin! - 11 posts
Renovating - 0 posts
Non Completion and Furniture Pack Rights - 1 posts
Xmas dinner - 76 posts
Sunset Beach Torrevieja, CB - 0 posts
LINDA QUINN - 1 posts
music - 1 posts
Work permits, et al for Spanish Employment - 2 posts
Pregnant when you move to spain - 2 posts
Buying a property with a Ltd Co - 2 posts
Los Noranjos Apartments in Terque - 5 posts
PHASE 3 - 4 posts
how to move on to Spain - 0 posts
Mortgage Help - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x