CAR HIRE

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Jan 2008 5:43 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

I have also taken out the "insurance4carhire" policy and it includes tyres, windscreens etc. Well worth it if you are making more than a couple of trips abroad per year.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 12:17 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I put this message in Did you realise clutch & engine "misuse" isn't covered with some companies ?
 but better post it here too.

Because I was concerned that we wouldn't be covered by  www.insurance4carhire.com for gearbox & engine "abuse" I emailed them & have just received this.

Date: 28/01/2008 12:10:34
To: ***************
Subject: RE: Advice on gearbox cover

Dear ********

Our Excess insurance covers:  Excess on damage (excess always relates to the outside body of the vehicle), Excess on theft, and damage to windows, tyres, the undercarraige and the roof.   

I am afraid we do not have a Policy which covers the gearbox.

Kind regards 

Maureen Ursich
Insurance 4 Car Hire Agents Ltd., Trans-World House, 100 City Road, London, EC1Y 2BP (This is our Registered Office address)
Tel: 020 7012 6300    Fax: 020 7012 6315
E-Mail: info@Insurance4carhire.com    Website: www.insurance4carhire.com
Company No.: 4441876  Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority
This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this in error, you should not disseminate or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system. We have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure that any attachment has been swept for viruses. However it is your responsibility to ensure that it has been swept and checked by your own anti-virus software and we cannot accept liability.

Sent: 26 January 2008 15:11
To: Insurance4carhire; Insurance4carhire
Subject: Advice on gearbox cover

Dear insurance4carhire

We use car hire at both Murcia & Alicante airports regularly & a friend who uses you recommended you.

Recently we used www.douyouspain.com (as we usually do) & they put us with Auriga Crown http://www.aurigacrown.com/ at Alicante airport.

Auriga Crown had their excess details at the counter & we were amazed to see it said  unless we took the insurance we were liable for damage to usual windscreen, underside & tyres but ALSO it said GEARBOX !! Their http://www.aurigacrown.com/condiciones-generales.jsp state
The rental price does not include:Traffic fines, tow trucks, damages to glass, wheels, underbody, clutch (due to misuse), lost or broken keys, error of fuel and costs involved, (you can acquire an additional insurance at € 20 per rental contract in order to cover the damages caused to glass, wheels and clutch).

If we were to take the cover you offer is the GEARBOX covered ? "Due to Misuse" is hard to prove, could've been done by any driver before us.

Interesting point, don't you think ? Advice required as we tend to use Auriga Crown generally.

Regards

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 12:30 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

We had some good luck today. We'd had a quote for our 23 days car hire March / April through www.douyouspain.com who, as usual, put us with Auriga Crown. Quote was for 332.22€ on 14th January but we forgot to click on "accept quote". I looked on website yesterday at prices then realised we'd already had a quote. Website now said 336.78€ so I clicked on quote from earlier in month & a voucher was emailed to us but with new price on ! I know it was only a few €'s but I emailed Alex Mayer at doyouspain about it &, to our surprise, he has sent us a new voucher with 285.02€ on, 47.20€ less than first quote.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 9:30 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

That's a result - that will be compensation for the full/empty policy they are now introducing.

Although I wouldn't be surprised to read on your return that you've managed to get full/full as you usually do

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 12:27 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Semi, did you see my post when we returned after xmas when I said Auriga Crown at Santiago de Ribera (for Murcia airport) woman had told me they would be moving into Murcia airport in February ? Well, doyouspain haven't changed their arrangements on vouchers. It's still showing about bus collecting us in March ! However, when doyouspain started using Auriga we were sent a voucher with instructions that they were within airport ! It took them a while to change the vouchers but after initial shock of "where do we go ?" we knew for subsequent trips. As woman told me they, by law, have to refund petrol payment if you choose to bring car back full. However, if we ask in March & that arrangement is refused we will be concerned that the refund will be refused. They're no worse than anyone else, I guess.

Hope you saw my post though >>> 30 Jan 2008 12:17 AM in this thread.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 4:39 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Yes I did see your reply.

I've been caught a few times so I like to keep up with the latest news.

Always keen to save euros where we can, better off in my pocket than the car hirers.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 6:50 PM by young Star rating in Stockport/Las Siete .... 70 posts Send private message

Hope this isn't too off thread but can anyone recommend the best company to use if you want to pick up at one airport and drop off at enough. We are arriving in Alicante in April but leaving from Murcia.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 6:58 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
We picked up at Murcia & dropped off at Alicante. No extra charge (unlike many) with www.doyouspain.com

Like 0      
30 Jan 2008 7:07 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

More,

we are out for the easter holidays which are in april this year and doyouspain are still saying pick up by coach to aurigas depot

Like 0      
31 Jan 2008 1:29 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Conrad. I've emailed Alex Mayer at info@doyouspain.com for clarification. Could be Auriga are not moving yet or doyouspain haven't changed the info for any vouchers going out for after when Auriga move into airport. I'm tempted to believe the latter.

I recall we used to book doyouspain & they gave us Auriga at Murcia when Auriga used to operate from a white van in the car park. We were used to this van being there so when we were sent the voucher & it said go to the van we walked out of Murcia airport & went to the van but it wasn't there ! We asked someone to do with car hire (as there are a few other vans in the car park doing the same) & this guy told us there was a minibus to take us to the collection point & a lady would've been in the airport as we walked out. Anyway we got ourselves sorted eventually but it was a worrying 15 minutes. We go March 17th so I'll try & remember to post on Karensun's pc for you. When do you go ? Easter Sunday is 23rd March.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 1/31/2008.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2008 7:56 AM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar
Easter Holidays for the schools is in April this year so the wife and the two daughters(I can't get time off) will be coming out on the 6th April returning 20th April

Like 0      
31 Jan 2008 9:06 AM by gillreg Star rating in Tynemouth/Almoradi C.... 17 posts Send private message

gillreg´s avatar

Hi All

We are flying into Murcia on 10th Feb and have booked the car through Do You Spain and Auriga, the voucher states mini bus pick up outside(as usual).

I'll post  on our return to keep everyone up to date.

By the way they had a special offer on their small cars so we got a C3 or equivalent for 6 days for 60 euros!

Like 0      
31 Jan 2008 11:45 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi all car hirers placed with Auriga Crown & booked through www.doyouspain.com

I actually emailed Carmen, manager of Auriga Crown at Murcia last night & have just received this.

Date: 31/01/2008 09:38:41
To: ***********
Subject: Re: Attention manager Carmelo Sales

Hello Mrs ******,

Sorry,

we were expecting to be inside of the airport at that time, but at this moment we have no answer about that from Aena (Spanish Airports Asosiation). All the rentacars companies in whole the airports of Spains may get in at the same time, so this thing doesn´t depend of us.

Otherwhise, we hope to be inside of the airport before April.

Best Regards
Carmelo Sales
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 2:47 AM
Subject: Attention manager Carmelo Sales

Hola Senor

We have booked through www.doyouspain.com & have been put with Auriga Crown as usual for March 17th till April 10th. (Murcia)

Usually your minibus collects us from Murcia airport & takes us to your Santiago office. Whilst in your office in December your staff told us you were moving into Murcia airport as of February.

Doyouspain's voucher says collection will be by minibus.

Are you moving into airport please ?

Regards

This message was last edited by morerosado on 1/31/2008.

Like 0      
01 Feb 2008 1:43 AM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar
Just for info having tested the market pretty thoroughly, I ended up booking with www.victoriacars.com who are still based in white van in the car park at Murcia.
Their deal was a Renault Clio 3 dr a/c for Euros 258 for a period of 28 days in Feb slightly cheaper than doyouspain and quite a lot cheaper than Carjet and Cartrawler.

I also took out the £49 European excess policy with insurance4carhire.com thanks for all the recommendations on here.

I think there can be many variations on price so worth checking around, most now charge for full tank and return empty unless under 4 days hire so will feedback on service from Victoria on my return.

Like 0      
01 Feb 2008 1:52 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

With Victoria cars I'd be concerned though about this just in case you need to cancel & cannot advise them within the 48 hrs. (Booking through www.doyouspain.com is free cancellation at any time)

Taken from http://www.victoriacars.com/spain_car_hire/conditions_costa_blanca.html#quince

15. Changes, cancellations and extensions. You can change, cancel or extend your booking without any cost if you inform us in a minimum term of 48h. in advance before the pick up or the drop off of the vehicle.

Not to be present at the agreed moment and place to collect your vehicle without previous notification, will be a reason for cancelling your booking. In that case, we are able to discount up to 10% of the booking amount (by way of procedure and transport) and you will have to adjust to office hours and staff availability to collect your vehicle if your are still interested in it.

Could well be very costly. Think again.

I see you do have the excess covered but Victoria cars are not so great if you haven't bought cover for excess as look at this..

11. Insurance. The price of the rental includes a comprehensive insurance with excess, damages to third parties, limited civil responsibility, driver and occupants insurance, coverage against theft and fire.

The comprehensive insurance's amount varies from the model the rental car is associated with and is as follows:

Group Excess
AA 200€
A 300€
B 400€
BB 400€
B1 400€
C 400€
CC 400€
C1 400€
D 500€
D1 500€
E 500€
F 500€
FR 500€
H 600€
H1 600€
H2 600€
K 600€

This message was last edited by morerosado on 2/1/2008.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2008 1:33 PM by Cheetah Star rating in Peak District, Derby.... 15 posts Send private message

Cheetah´s avatar
Hi - What do doyouspain charge for windscreen/tyre  insurance and for the initial tank of fuel?

Like 0      
05 Mar 2008 2:03 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Cheetah, doyouspain are ONLY agents who put you with car hire firms so it is up to car hire firms what they charge. Bigger the car bigger the charge for a full tank of fuel.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 11:02 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Just read this in another forum.

"CENTAURO car hire now ofers a full refund if you return the car full of fuel also a part refund if nearly full.But be aware that the contract does say that they will not refund if less than half full."

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 12:48 PM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 300 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

Just booked with Doyouspain for 3 days car hire from Auriga Crown at Malaga.

The comments section states:

"All cars are provided with a full tank of fuel and should be returned empty.  On arrival you will be asked to prepay the full tank of fuel so please return the vehicle as empty as possible as Auriga are not able to refund money for unused fuel.  If the rental is for 3 days you may ask the representative to offer full/full fuelling against your credit card deposit. "

So I take it that if the rental is for more than 3 days the Full/Empty policy applies.

Kel

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 1:23 PM by timba Star rating in Cardiff and Rocas de.... 27 posts Send private message

Hi All

On my last trip short trip 3 days, into Malaga I used Goldcar and they did a refund on my cc for the fuel charge when I returned t tank full.

regadrs

Timba

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

cheap flights - 0 posts
Anyone in Manilva - and you Justin! - 11 posts
Renovating - 0 posts
Non Completion and Furniture Pack Rights - 1 posts
Xmas dinner - 76 posts
Sunset Beach Torrevieja, CB - 0 posts
LINDA QUINN - 1 posts
music - 1 posts
Work permits, et al for Spanish Employment - 2 posts
Pregnant when you move to spain - 2 posts
Buying a property with a Ltd Co - 2 posts
Los Noranjos Apartments in Terque - 5 posts
PHASE 3 - 4 posts
how to move on to Spain - 0 posts
Mortgage Help - 3 posts
THE FONDUE LOUNGE - 4 posts
Help for Completion Please - 24 posts
Claims Form - Consumer Rights - 14 posts
snagging - 5 posts
Proindal web site - 3 posts
Cleaning Services - 1 posts
Successfully bought a property abroad without pressure. - 1 posts
Villa Martin - 4 posts
laguna green - 28 posts
Trips to Ibiza and Majorca - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 113

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x