MRI experiences please

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Dec 2006 12:00 AM by handheld0 Star rating in Northern Ireland/Whe.... 8 posts Send private message

handheld0´s avatar
Hi, just registered as a member as I am gathering as much info as possible before I go to the Almeria region on an MRI arranged visit.

What can I expect and what experiences have others had with MRI????

Like 0      
29 Dec 2006 4:39 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

I have no personal experience with MRI and you are likely to experience no better no worse than you would with others although I believe they are quite highly geared towards "selling".

The vital thing it is important to remember is not to leave your brain on the plane. Do not get sold the dream. Take everything you are told with a pinch of salt. You need to be the one in control. If you have set ideas on budget and what you want that is great but dont let them upsell beyond your means. Do not take their word for it on capital growth and rental potential and above all before committing to anything ensure you have your own independent legal representation. If you need a recommendation then there are people on this site who can recommend lawyers (including me) you should talk to. Many people who buy here, do things they would not ordinarily do in the UK and you should ask yourself - "would I accept this at face value in the UK before confirming something myself". The answer in all probability is "no". There are many happy property buyers in Spain who have had a very enjoyable experience in the whole process but as you have no doubt read in this forum there are many for whom the experience has been most unpleasant.

One point - dont know what MRI say when it comes to allowance for costs but you need to allow for at least 12% of purchase price to cover purchase expenses. Sometimes a little less but usually minimum 12% to 13%. I suspect they will tell you 10.

Rgds, hope this helps and the very best of luck

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
29 Dec 2006 5:06 PM by handheld0 Star rating in Northern Ireland/Whe.... 8 posts Send private message

handheld0´s avatar

Thank you for the advice Smiley, I am trying to gather as much info as possible before our visit, therefore I would certainly welcome any recommendations with regard to legal representitives and mortgauge advice. This forum has loads of useful threads on all sorts of issues, so hours of investigation also seems the order of the days ahead. 

MRI make a big play on the fact that they can supply the complete package, but as you mention you would not go down this path with a seller at home, plus I am also a bit of a cynic at heart.

Thanks again,

handheld0

Like 0      
29 Dec 2006 5:20 PM by Hallam Star rating in San Cayetano . 109 posts Send private message

Hi handheld0,

Can only speak as we find,  but we went out with MRI in the Murcia coastal region in July this of this year. We did find them very helpful and nothing seemed to much trouble. The site we finally agreed on we visited at least 3 times before deciding it was right for us. At least one more of the other sites we visited more than once to make comparisons, as eventually it can get that one site blurs into the next, then it gets difficult to remember what you saw and where. Reading the postings on this site I dont think we had anymore pressure from MRI than other companies have offered (possibly less in some cases). They were up front with the costs and did tell us 12% which is about right.  As Smiley says don't leave your brain on the plane and keep a cool head.

To Smiley, thanks for all the helpful information you have posted, you are a Gem!

Regards

Dave & Janet

Like 0      
29 Dec 2006 6:22 PM by davey Star rating in Wigan /La Tercia Mur.... 205 posts Send private message

davey´s avatar

Hi Handheld0

We have purchased through MRI, the sales agent that showed us around the developments in the Murcia region was very helpful.If you are purchasing on an off plan development, I would say do not to take up the offer of the aftersales pack at this time, MRI can be very slow on giving you an update on the progress of your development.

Smiley thanks from me to for the information. 

Davey          

Like 0      
02 Jan 2007 6:05 PM by peps Star rating in manchester and duque.... 410 posts Send private message

hi.  i went out to costa del sol with mri some months ago. my property is ready for handover this month hopefully.  i have found them excellent.  a little slow on their web site etc but they contact you instantly you ask a question.  i must admit from the moment we stepped off the plane it was non stop driving around everywhere. we were very busy from start to finish.  when we found a property we wanted they helped us do everything so we wouldn't have to return before completion. signed power of attorney, visited the notary for nie numbers etc. visited rentals. we were not pressured at all into our purchase and found our representative extremely friendly and helpful. however, do, as advised before, take a lot of the stuff they say with a pinch of salt.  they just can't tell you exact figures of potential growth and expected rentals etc. especially on new properties. try to budget so that you can cover all costs should you not get rentals at all.  they can only give you detailed information of the area you are looking in.  incidentally, we managed, after a lot of badgering, to get our first years rentals and aftersales free! bear this in mind because it isn't easy to get anything from them but just shows you what you can do as a client too! good luck and hope you find what you are looking for.

suz

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Air Conditioning Best Buy - 3 posts
HiFX problems, delays transferring money - 56 posts
New messages on El Rincon Costa Blanca Development Forum - 0 posts
Have you visited Malaga yet? - 4 posts
spanish bank charges - 24 posts
Telefonica & Broadband - 7 posts
NEW LOW COST AIRLINE TO ALMERIA - 20 posts
Sorry another question - 0 posts
Pets in apartments - 5 posts
HELP NEEDED URGENTLY - 20 posts
Making a Will - 3 posts
Property owners at Roda - 4 posts
La Recoleta - 2 posts
FibbyUk's document - Paying taxes in Spain (Non Residents) - 18 posts
Merry Christmas Everyone!!! - 11 posts
amputees in coata blanca, north - 0 posts
Agents for rentals - 1 posts
Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year - 0 posts
Working from home in Spain - 4 posts
Corruption - 2 posts
property in Tenerife - 0 posts
What happened to the OTHER thread ? i thought there were TWO on here before ! - 0 posts
Artificial Grass - Good Idea or not? - 0 posts
Spanish builders - 2 posts
Fuente Aloha, Nueva Andelucia - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x