Spanish builders

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Dec 2006 12:00 AM by alecmichael Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Can anyone recommend a good, reliable Spanish builder in the Albox area? We want some retaining walls building on a steep hillside to enable a pool to be installed. We have been told that the Spanish trades people understand the land better than any others.

Like 0      
18 Dec 2006 6:35 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

You might have been told that I could not possibly comment..............I have a retaining wall abutting my house that was constructed by a Spanish builder 6 years ago in order to build up the land for the villa he was constucting for sale to my neighbours (this was before I bough the house). It stands about 3 metres above my garden and was constructed that way to give them views of the sea. However what the builder decided to do was to stick concrete blocks on top of an existing 1 metre high wall that was there to partition the plots without putting down any further footings. He then backfilled the land and brought in topsoil etc to build up the level of the plot. However here we are 6 years on and he seems surprised that the wall is now parabolic in shape and that the land seems to be forcing the wall in one direction ...........spooky that the force of gravity not to mention rain would indicate that my neighbours garden along with their pool wants to get on top of my garden ........perhaps its a romantic attraction! There have been all sorts of excuses when he was taken to task and thankfully he appears to be taking it as his responsibility to put it right (along with the architect).

Whoever you use ensure that you get good references and it will be worth paying a little more to ensure the quality if what is being built.

Rgds

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
18 Dec 2006 6:35 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

You might have been told that I could not possibly comment..............I have a retaining wall abutting my house that was constructed by a Spanish builder 6 years ago in order to build up the land for the villa he was constucting for sale to my neighbours (this was before I bough the house). It stands about 3 metres above my garden and was constructed that way to give them views of the sea. However what the builder decided to do was to stick concrete blocks on top of an existing 1 metre high wall that was there to partition the plots without putting down any further footings. He then backfilled the land and brought in topsoil etc to build up the level of the plot. However here we are 6 years on and he seems surprised that the wall is now parabolic in shape and that the land seems to be forcing the wall in one direction ...........spooky that the force of gravity not to mention rain would indicate that my neighbours garden along with their pool wants to get on top of my garden ........perhaps its a romantic attraction! There have been all sorts of excuses when he was taken to task and thankfully he appears to be taking it as his responsibility to put it right (along with the architect).

Whoever you use ensure that you get good references and it will be worth paying a little more to ensure the quality if what is being built.

Rgds

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Fuente Aloha, Nueva Andelucia - 5 posts
Condes de Iza - 0 posts
Iznajar - Cordoba - 5 posts
Monarch new route - Gatwick to Murcia from May 2007 - 12 posts
IVA on Bank Guarantees - 0 posts
Select Properties Spain SL - 14 posts
Property Management - 0 posts
BE WARNED - Reservation/Deposit Contracts - 7 posts
Demolition Orders in Marbella - 3 posts
Supermarket shopping in Estepona area - 1 posts
Judge's Chambers Pub - 0 posts
no problems buying in spain - 2 posts
AIR CONDITIONING - 37 posts
Solar panels, the new law. - 4 posts
Lawyer Costs - 24 posts
CAPITAL GAINS TAX - 37 posts
Resident - disadvantages? - 1 posts
4X4 Off Road - 0 posts
touristic apartments - 1 posts
Annual Spanish Tax - 63 posts
Nueva Andalucia Deposit - 2 posts
Houses facing small access road - 4 posts
Life and ASU Insurance - 7 posts
Holiday today - 2 posts
Operation Malaya - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x