Pets in apartments

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Dec 2006 12:00 AM by Raymond Star rating in UK Salford, Lancs an.... 31 posts Send private message

Is this a no - no? Or is it up to a 'Community decision'?

Like 0      
21 Dec 2006 12:01 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Generally pets are acceptable in apartments in Spain as long as they do not cause interference to other residents. The Spanish are generally pet lovers and many of them poop scoop although one might think differently when walking the streets playing dodge the pile! They do take noise pollution very seriously and if it is a dog making non stop noise if it is shut in during the day or night there is a likelihood someone will call the police and they dont give too many warnings before threatening to have the dog destoyed. There may be local community rules relating to pets and where they can be walked etc

Rgds

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
21 Dec 2006 11:50 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Raymond,

Before our Community was set up, anyone could have whatever pets they liked in their apartments, even rental guest could bring thiers.

However, in our case, a motion was passed (not a doggy one, a committee one!), that only owners could keep dogs, cats etc.,

If you have a pet BEFORE the Presidente sets new rules banning them, then all exisitng pets should be allowed to stay in residence.

If they say pets must go, challenge it, I love my two cats I have in the UK and would fight hell & high water if they were at risk.

Can't you tell I am a cat lover by my Avatar!?

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
21 Dec 2006 2:20 PM by Raymond Star rating in UK Salford, Lancs an.... 31 posts Send private message

Hi FibbyUK & Smiley, thanks for the info. FIBBY - CATS ARE OK. I live in a cul-de-sac in Salford and have dogs for neighbours, that’s not quite right is it,…. I have neighbours who have dogs, there, that’s better.  These dogs bark a lot, as dogs tend to do, the houses are not that old and have thin walls (haven't the time to tell you the juicy bits), the street is quiet and the noise of the dogs in full voice when disturbed by (postman, window cleaner the odd robber etc) echo’s around the place. Being a member of the local ‘Friends of Albert Park Group’ one of our aims is to clean up the park and educate the dog owners in the niceties of dog poo control.  All this is leading to where we are going to live in Spain, I would be very disappointed if we have the same problems in Spain as we do here. Our development has (on the brochure!!!) beautifully landscaped gardens, which are enclosed within the blocks of apartments. There are swimming pools, picnic areas, tennis courts and all that. It would be a shame if we are going to have to play ‘dodge the pile’ every time we went for a stroll accompanied by the howl of the late night wolf (not me).

Habitation licenses are now being granted, I think we must be the last ones in the que, so if ever we manage to move in (2 years late now) most people who have pets will be well settled in, and as you say, the precedent will have been set, so  I hope that as a multi mixed nationality community we can communicate well enough between us to get over any potential problems.

ALL THE BEST FOR XMAS & THE NEW YEAR TO ALL.

Regds Ray

Like 0      
21 Dec 2006 2:37 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Hi Ray is your dev eloper Evemarina? If so you might want to look at my thread on the names that go on purchase contracts. Forget which board I have put it on and now that I am posting my reply I cant get to it.

Generally the community comes down hard on "pet interference" the pooh situation is something that causes everyone great concern - "dodge the pile" is a game that is normally played in the street as opposed to in an urbanisation. It pays to walk the streets with your eyes open (unlike my wife and daughter - particularly when rollerblading). The Spanish are as good or as bad as scooping as in the UK in that some will and some dont. I have a number of Brits living near me who walk their dogs up past my house for their constitutional - unfortunately the grass verge outside my house is my responsibility for maintenance and it seems to be one of their favourite places to evacuate! Thinking of setting up "motion" sensitive sub machine guns - they all seem to be big dogs too which results in the obvious. Thankfully in the summer it dries up quite quickly and being a caring sharing person it is then relatively easy to redistribute to the road, my neighbours (the neighbours have all put down stone chippings - hence my verge is option of choice for the K9) etc with my nutter bastard strimmer (big boys and their toys). The guilty Spanish near me at least make their pooch go to the vacant plot just up the road.

Rgds  

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
21 Dec 2006 2:38 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Ray it is on the buying property thread.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HELP NEEDED URGENTLY - 20 posts
Making a Will - 3 posts
Property owners at Roda - 4 posts
La Recoleta - 2 posts
FibbyUk's document - Paying taxes in Spain (Non Residents) - 18 posts
Merry Christmas Everyone!!! - 11 posts
amputees in coata blanca, north - 0 posts
Agents for rentals - 1 posts
Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year - 0 posts
Working from home in Spain - 4 posts
Corruption - 2 posts
property in Tenerife - 0 posts
What happened to the OTHER thread ? i thought there were TWO on here before ! - 0 posts
Artificial Grass - Good Idea or not? - 0 posts
Spanish builders - 2 posts
Fuente Aloha, Nueva Andelucia - 5 posts
Condes de Iza - 0 posts
Iznajar - Cordoba - 5 posts
Monarch new route - Gatwick to Murcia from May 2007 - 12 posts
IVA on Bank Guarantees - 0 posts
Select Properties Spain SL - 14 posts
Property Management - 0 posts
BE WARNED - Reservation/Deposit Contracts - 7 posts
Demolition Orders in Marbella - 3 posts
Supermarket shopping in Estepona area - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x