Working in Spain after retiring?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Oct 2022 10:21 AM by Frankmeyer Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi all

Just wondering if any kind soles  out in Spain  are in this situation and how easy difficult it is ? I'm intending to work servicing clients from Spain ..accountancy  and whether anybody is in a similar situation and would be kind enough to offer any advise ?

Regards Frank and Katherine

Like 0      
31 Oct 2022 11:33 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

If you are on Facebook...then join the Facebook group in the area that you would like to live in I am sure you will get lots of advice...I am not to sure how old you are if it's under UK 🇬🇧  retirement age then you might find it very  difficult to retire in Spain unless you have the financial means to do so....Spain is not the place it used to be pre Brexit  especially if you want to supplement your retirement with working on the side  as this is very difficult to do... it would only take a few weeks before someone would grass you up ..this person would  be another Brit and I am not joking ..so as I said in another post you can work legally in Spain as a digital nomad  what this means is that you can carry-on working for a UK 🇬🇧 employer  paying NI in the UK and Tax in Spain whilst living in Spain I think you would need to earn a considerable amount to do so ..personally if I was you I would leave your dream on the back burner until you have the financial means to live in Spain without working  sorry if this seems blunt but this is the way it is now post Brexit in Spain. 

This message was last edited by windtalker on 10/31/2022.

Like 1      
31 Oct 2022 6:56 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

The digital nomad visa has not yet been set up in Spain. They've been saying it will be this year but things tend to move very slowly here.

I assume you are from UK? The only things we know about this new visa is that you must work for a company not registered in Spain and does less than a certain percentage (12%?) of business with Spanish companies and you either have to show a contract with a company that you've been doing this work for at least 12 months or, if you are going freelance, to provide a business plan to show your expected income. 

You will have to show you earn a certain amount of money per year but the amount has not yet been published. The advantage is that you would be taxed at 15% instead of 25% for the first 4 years.

It will also be valid, initially, for 1 year but can be extended each two years up to 5 years then you can apply for permanent residency and the visa will be valid for close family members as well.

As said, the bill to allow this was agreed but is still waiting parliamentary approval so we don't actually know what it will entail.

However, if you're not from UK but another EU country then none of the above applies.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2022 9:08 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Update on the digital nomad visa.

It won't come into effect this year. Latest forecast is it will be agreed by parliament in Jan 2023 and come into force from March 31st 2023. Now being said you will need an income of around €2,000 a month and you will be taxed at 24% up to earnings of 600k a year which is a vast reduction on the 40 to 45% paid in Spain on earnings over 60k.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Recommend me an inflatable hot tub - 5 posts
Form 210 - 0 posts
Post Apartment Fire - Technical Report person - 1 posts
Covid entry restrictions lifted - 9 posts
New Rules on Plus Valia - 4 posts
Night Vision Binoculars. - 2 posts
7 Important Changes to Long-Term Visas in Spain - 0 posts
No More Wealth Tax in Andalucia From 2023 - 12 posts
Lower Income Tax in Andalucía 2022 - 2 posts
CostsLuz´s clients victories in 2022- Congrats! - 1 posts
gold plating - 3 posts
Off plan purchases and Consumer Law - 0 posts
Greetings to everyone - 0 posts
is hungary in EU - 2 posts
Is it okay to use Sous Vide machine for cooking? - 2 posts
Looking for Ping Pong Balls - 2 posts
Barclaycard, no ATM fees - 0 posts
is Bizum safe - 3 posts
Barclays requesting me to close my uk account - 22 posts
Water supply with Socamex - 1 posts
Short term medical insurance policies in Spain - 4 posts
Adverse possession of Land - 4 posts
Looking for Recliners for Elderly - 4 posts
Help on mortgages and management - 12 posts
Covid Test - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x