Salvador Artesano

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Can anyone tell me how to get to the shoe factory? We tried to find it, but I think where we went wrong was we went into Elche town and I'm wondering if the address merely means it's in the Elche district: Carratera de Murcia - Alicante, KM53 Apdo 504, 03205 Elche (Alicante).

There is a map on the website and their leaflet, but frankly it's useless!

We'd be coming from Formentera/Rojales.

Thanks in advance!

Irene

PS Sorry, I've put this in the wrong thread - please don't shoot me!!!!

This message was last edited by Irene&Alan on 10/9/2007.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2007 4:53 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

These know where it is, why don't you send them an email ?

http://www.costablanca-holidays.co.uk/shoe_factory.htm

Or maybe E-mail: cliente@salvadorartesano.com

This message was last edited by morerosado on 10/9/2007.

Like 0      
09 Oct 2007 5:46 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi

I've e-mailed Salvator Artesano directly but they've simply directed me to the map on their website and I've sent an e-mail to Jenny Johnson but had no reply.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Irene

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 1:54 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Irene & Alan (again)

I saw this in another forum.

"you get out of Carrefour, go to the opposite side of the main road, with your back to Carrefour to the left - it is opposite the KIA dealership (which is on the right of the road), Salvador Artesano is to the left."

and

"we travelled up and down the same bit of road looking for it in Elche, quite simply almost opposite the Kia dealership, make sure your on the service road if I remember rightly you turn right at the side of some kind of electrical company and it's at the top of that road, there is a sign but it's not very big".

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 2:09 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi Morerosado.

My problem is we couldn't even find Carrefour in Elche, so these directions only work with that info. Don't suppose you know?

Irene

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 2:19 PM by Lady Dallowa Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

Sent you a PM yesterday giving directions.

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 2:42 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

11 Oct 2007 2:45 PM by Lady Dallowa Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

Hi Irene,  I sent you a private email on wednesday giving directions from the A7 motorway, I assume that you have received it ok !!

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 3:15 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Lady Dallowa

Please will you post the directions here to help us all who would like to know.

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 7:13 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi Lady Dallowa

I regret that I haven't as yet had your e-mail with directions. Morerosado is right - this is something that might interest other people, so please do post the info here.

Much appreciated - I have three ladies with me next week who are expecting to buy shoes!!!!!

Irene

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 7:48 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

i want to buy shoes too!!!

But i went in one end of Elche and out the other ... i didnt like it much ... i saw some billbaords for the shoe place, but no place!   If someone has directions I would be grateful

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 8:06 PM by Biddy Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

Hi Everyone, please find details below to the Salvador Artesano Shoe Factory, I visit them often but unfortunately I think size 39 must be a very common size as I normally have problems getting this size, however there is a wide choice of makes to choose from and a bit cheaper than the average  shoe shop, they have a good selection of bags and suitcases as well.  Here goes, hope you find directions easy to follow.  From Orihulela Costa take the AP 7 in the direction of Alicante, this motorway will join the A7 just South of Crevillente, follow this motorway leaving at the first Elche exit you come too, ( I think this is Elche Oeste ) at the bottom of the slip road you will come onto the new dual carriageway, follow the road ahead passing by Carrefour, keep going until you reach the large roundabout, you then need to come back on yourself passing by  the Carrefour exit  again, you will then come to the entrance to the service road, take this turning, carry on along the service  road and you will come to a righthand turning by the side of a Petrol Station, there is a sign for the shoe factory on this turning, drive to the top of the road and you will find the shoe factory at the top on the righthand side. I think they may close at 2pm on Saturday's but cant swear to that !  Happy Shopping, hope you all find what you are looking for.    Best Regards   Bid

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 9:17 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi Biddy

Thank you soooooo much for this info.

Oh Em, you should have stopped in Elche. It is beautiful. The main church is flanked by restaurants - a perfect place for people-watching! Just across the way is the river Vinalopo which has beautiful walkways lined with trees and flowers - I'm told it's beautiful at night as there are lights in the trees. There are lots of other botanical areas to enjoy and lots of other places of interest and the shopping is pretty good too, so Em, try again!

I'm not sure if Salvador Artesano sells sparkly shoes though!!

If I find it next week, I'll report back.

Thanks everyone.

Irene

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 12:17 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
We are going to pay our own wealth & renta taxes so we are visiting the Hacienda office in Elche next month. We'll spend much of the day there, in the town not the Hacienda office, we hope anyway.   We've never been before except straight to the police station to get our NIEs then straight back to Quesada area. Always said we must go. So November 1st, all being well, we shall go.

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 12:19 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Em, we'll all have a day there in January if you fancy it, should be great with the christmas decorations etc. (Em, semijubilada & myself are meeting up over the New Year in Spain.)

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 1:57 PM by Biddy Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

Morerosada, just to let you know that the 1st of November is a big national holiday here in Spain, the Spanish show respect to their dead that day, also known as All saints Day I think,  anyway Im sure most things are closed that day except for bars and restuarants etc etc .  Regards  Biddy

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 2:36 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Biddy, didn't I just KNOW it ????

Oh well, we'll need to go another day. Thank you for that info, I nearly asked as Spain is forever having holidays.

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 3:08 PM by Biddy Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

If  it's of any help the following dates are national hols here in Spain,  today 12th Oct,  1st Nov,  6th and 8th Dec, but most take the 7th as a bridge day as well, any excuse for a day off !!   25th Dec,   1st Jan,   6th Jan,  usually a fiesta on the eve of 5th Jan, Three Kings, parades through the villages and the Kings give gifts and sweets to the children.  This is just a few of the dates, the official dates are obtainable from the Town Halls at the start of every year.  Regards  Biddy

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 4:25 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Biddy, I should have known November 1st was All Saints Day.

I Google for everyone else.

Like 0      
22 Oct 2007 7:24 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi everyone

I thought as I'd made such a big deal about getting to Salvador Artesano's, I'd better report back.

We went on Thursday in the blinding rain but we followed the directions and bingo! We found it. We had a lovely hour or so wandering around trying on shoes of all descriptions. I take back what I said Em; they DO have sparkly shoes by the score!

It is well worth a visit, with shoes at prices to fit all pockets. There was a sale on; whether this was just seasonal or whether it's continuous I don't know. They sell the sweetest kiddies shoes and loads of different types of trainers, boots, flip-flops, sandals, casual shoes, posh shoes, handbags, purses, wallets, belts and men's shoes.

So thank you very much for the perfect directions. I'll be going back again, for sure!

Oh, by the way, sadly the shoes I liked didn't come in my size, but my sister and two friends all found something to buy.

Cheers

Irene

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Advise please on renting in a community - 6 posts
Help! - we've been told we cannot rent ou our apartment! - 3 posts
TECNOLOGIA URBANISTICA - 151 posts
españaexpo 07 - 3 posts
selling spanish property - 16 posts
Los Alcazares - 5 posts
Fiscal help... Gestor? - 10 posts
bus train travel - 2 posts
Santa Ana Del Monte Jumilla Golf - 0 posts
IKEA Malaga - 45 posts
Selling off-plan apartment - no guarantees? - 5 posts
shirley1 - 1 posts
Anyone been to Jerez recently - 0 posts
For everyone... - 1 posts
Urgent protest action required...Monarch Flights, Gatwick-Granada - 10 posts
one bed apartment for holiday/short term lets IN PLAYA FLAMENCA - 1 posts
Diving Schools - 1 posts
where to buy a computer - 18 posts
Help With Polaris World - 5 posts
Newsletter drop down Banner - 1 posts
All i read is moan,moan Has no one brought and is HAPPY - 30 posts
Purchase fees,advice needed. - 1 posts
GP Needed ? any suggestions - 1 posts
bankers draft rip off - 21 posts
just to say hi, - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x