Help With Polaris World

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by GailA Star rating in Scotland. 31 posts Send private message

Hi

I have reserved a property in Polaris Wold Condada de Alhama and have just returned from an inspection trip. I was really impressed with the quaity of the apartments we were shown on one of the other resorts but I have read a lot of negative comments on these forums regarding delays etc with Polaris World. I need to decide pretty soon whether I'm going ahead and would love to hear from anyone, postive or negative on their experiences.

Gail

Like 0      
07 Oct 2007 5:48 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

A lot of people have been very happy with PW and others not so

There are a lot of them  and all on golf courses

Coming from Scotland you probaly play golf and that may be an attraction but being on a golf complex can make the charges a touch more expensive

Be careful about the rental projections....you will have a lot of competition!!

Also golf resorts are not the best for summer rentals....often too quiet for families!!! 

You should compare with other properties and as a general rule there is no need to be rushed about making a decision nowadays......but there is still the odd developemnt that sells out quickly

Any more info get in touch

Like 0      
07 Oct 2007 6:17 PM by GailA Star rating in Scotland. 31 posts Send private message

Thanks Brian. I'm buying as a holiday home with no plans at the moment to rent out. Although I'm not planning on selling either in the forseeable future that's my biggest concern given the sheer volume of properties currently being built throughout the region. However I think the area around the Condado resort much better than the main area down at Mar Menor.

Not a golf player yet but planning to be within the next year! :-)

Gail

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 9:19 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Hi Gail

You seem to be making the decision for the right reasons and do not have fancy expectations so perhaps you should trust your own judgement

You do not seem to be buying as an investment but as a holiday home to enjoy so if in due course it does turn out as a good buy [ and no doubt in a few years you will look back and think it was cheap] then that is a bonus

But you should always look at alternatives to make sure that it is right for you

Brian

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 10:25 AM by lytton Star rating in Bath & North East So.... 422 posts Send private message

Gail, I too have bought on Condado and went through various "doubts". I think that as long as you see it as a long term thing and you can afford to run it without relying on rental then it should be OK. Since paying my deposit, I have been looking for other proprties in the area for the same price but they are very few and far between. Also, I think that when complete, the resort will be very good. My one concern was it being a bit like a ghost town but I'm hoping that the place will become quite lively with golfing families as the facilties look to be very good and not just geared up for 100% golf. I suggest you have a look on the forum on this site under Condado de Alhama as this gives a very good cross-section of comments from buyers.

Phil

Like 0      
08 Oct 2007 10:43 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Gail

As Phil says why not register for the development's discussion board. Just click on the blue link below & it'll take you to the page where you register (free) at the bottom.

Select Development Location Coast
Condado de Alhama Murcia Costa del Sol

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Newsletter drop down Banner - 1 posts
All i read is moan,moan Has no one brought and is HAPPY - 30 posts
Purchase fees,advice needed. - 1 posts
GP Needed ? any suggestions - 1 posts
bankers draft rip off - 21 posts
just to say hi, - 5 posts
I dont know where to start, help! - 36 posts
12th october - 4 posts
All seems to have gone pear shaped - 179 posts
Driving to almeria - 7 posts
Cortijos de la Bahia, Casares by developer El Arco de Marbella SL - 0 posts
New Member - 1 posts
already posted in the short term one by mistake. rental within 30 mins of airport required - 4 posts
long term rental required within 30 minutes of alicante/murcia airport - 8 posts
Completion 'check list' - 2 posts
Steps to get your children into State Schools in Spain - 9 posts
ICE-RINKS - 2 posts
The rental business in Spain needs to be regulated - 9 posts
Private Messages problem - 2 posts
Importing car from outside Europe - 5 posts
hello im new to this forum - 0 posts
Debonair Air Conditioning - 3 posts
Caleta Paraiso - 3 posts
Maintenance service - San Cayetano - 1 posts
The RAIN in Spain.......................... - 40 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x