Structural Modification - What is required?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Nov 2021 1:02 AM by VAO Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

We are currently looking at buying a property in Murcia. It is understood that the property has the license of first occupation. However the property has been modified significantly compared to other properties in the neighbourhood. Just wondering if to put the deposit down or wait for solicitor to confirm if modification have approval. what is the implication of buying a property that has been modified without approval? can permission be sought retrospectively?

Like 0      
19 Nov 2021 2:08 AM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

What professional advice are you paying your solicitor/lawyer for?

Like 0      
19 Nov 2021 2:44 AM by VAO Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

the usual...

that should not stop me making enquiries or carrying out my personal due diligence or indeed getting a more constructive or helpful response from the community.

Like 0      
19 Nov 2021 8:31 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Nothing to stop you putting a holding deposit down ..this deposit must be paid to your lawyer ,.. (warning do not pay the deposit to a estate agents ) on the understand that all the alterations have been approved by the local authorities and backed up by the architect approved inspection ...you don't pay for any of this the seller can't sell the property without planning approval in place ..

Like 0      
19 Nov 2021 10:03 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

You should be cautious.  I had planning permission, or so I thought, for an extension to a property in Murcia, but many years later I found that I was conned by the British architect.  The approval granted was for a considerably smaller construction, so I was obliged to re-apply - still waiting for a response!  These things take time.

So I suggest that when you receive details of the licence you have a good translation to ensure that the approval exactly reflects the work done.

Ten years or so ago a lot of work was done w/o any approval and I know that a hard line is now being adopted by our local planning dept in Mazarron.  If you really like the place you might want to offer to proceed with a good sized retention to cover the additional costs you may incur.

Like 0      
19 Nov 2021 11:42 AM by VAO Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Thanks for thefeedback acer and windtalker. Very helpful. I appreciate. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Any major complications for brits in Spain purchasing gold? - 4 posts
In Madrid, need the best dentist for the money, advice needed. - 0 posts
Beware, Scammer on EOS. - 3 posts
Making an insurance claim - 17 posts
leaving spain - 1 posts
travelling between UK, Gib and Spain with Irish passport - 16 posts
Border between Faro and Ayamonte - 1 posts
Capital gains question - 10 posts
New Rules on Plus Valia - 5 posts
Is anyone of you among these? - 0 posts
Very few British property buyers. - 9 posts
OVERSTAYING 90 DAYS DUE TO ILLNESS - 12 posts
Capital Gains Tax rollover relief/exemption - 4 posts
Non residents bank accounts - 1 posts
Why the bitterness? - 20 posts
Property revaluation - 11 posts
Plus Valia Tax - 1 posts
Bank Account (Sabadell) - 0 posts
Recent tie number - 0 posts
Post Brexit overstaying - 3 posts
Owned Roof Terraces vs Uso Privitivo - 10 posts
Banking in Spain - 5 posts
Swimming pool - 6 posts
Patio door repairs - 4 posts
Desperate Hunt for suitable property - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x