Post Brexit overstaying

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Oct 2021 3:26 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Re non EU nationals overstaying 

I attended a presentation this morning by an abogado (lawyer).

He said if a person (including a Brit) overstays, their passport is stamped ‘deported.’

Can anyone who has overstayed confirm that please ?

There were several errors in the presentation. That may have been one more !

This message was last edited by johnzx on 10/25/2021.

Like 0      
25 Oct 2021 7:25 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

The "Deported stamp" cannot be true as the offence itself does not have a mandatory sentence. 

It will depend on the country involved, the severity of the offence, if it's repetition, personal mitigating circumstances etc.

Like 0      
26 Oct 2021 10:28 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

My mate has just come back from Spain, stayed a couple of weeks over 4 months on the trot, nothing was said to him anywhere, got the new stamp in his passport like I have just had, perhaps this was missed about his length of stay, or they don't really care because fact is you are spending money their, another friend who is a chemist in the UK has been flying back and forth for a good few months now, is in Spain now for the past 3 weeks, in total probably also done well over 3 months. Spain wasn't even that bothered when I came back about the covid documents we had to have to travel, they asked me if I had them when I left the UK but did not want to see them, Alicante airport baggage drop asked the same, I held them up but she never even looked at them, perhaps Spain is more concerned with income then rules.

Like 0      
26 Oct 2021 10:58 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

baz1946 - Interesting, but it would be good to know what happens when he exits next. 

The system they use may be that the first phase is the immigration operative at the cubicle merely shows the passport to the computer screen and within parameters allows the person through. 

Perhaps it's when he leaves Spain next he might be collared?  The Spanish are never keen to rush these things.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Owned Roof Terraces vs Uso Privitivo - 10 posts
Banking in Spain - 5 posts
Swimming pool - 6 posts
Patio door repairs - 4 posts
Desperate Hunt for suitable property - 0 posts
Spanish Legal Reclaims - 8 posts
Tax question - 8 posts
Selling property without estate agent /good Gestoria - 26 posts
Ridiculous expensive car hire prices. - 5 posts
Endesa email regarding lower tax due to high prices. - 1 posts
Community administrators - 7 posts
Blocking a rental license - 18 posts
210 Form - 4 posts
Casares - 3 posts
ending a rental contract early - 7 posts
Utilities when selling a house - 7 posts
Two months rental required Torrevieja - 1 posts
Will criminal record affect job prospects - 1 posts
parking at malaga airport - 4 posts
Villa to rent in Alicante - Costa Blanca - Spain - 0 posts
external drive vs usb - 5 posts
Form 210 - 3 posts
Cost of prescriptions issued by Spanish GP - 3 posts
Capital Gains Tax rollover relief - 1 posts
Day 2 test arriving Scotland - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x