Contact lenses subscription in Madrid, Spain as Boots UK are going to stop my service

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 May 2021 12:27 PM by DaveDogge Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

I've been on the Boots Rewards scheme in the UK for over a decade but I've not been able to go to the UK for a contact lense check (one every 2 years required) so they've stopped sending them to me. I think I was paying £48 per month for daily disposable contact lense (one type of lense was slightly rarer i.e. Torric lenses shaped for eyes like rugby balls !).

So my question is, which is the best and most cost effective contact lense scheme in Spain where you can get check ups and just eithe have them delvered to you (preferable) or you go pick them up ? 

I use the Acuve brand of contact lense btw.    Any good advice is much appreciated. ... 

Like 0      
18 May 2021 4:21 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Hello Dave and welcome to EOS.

Have a look at https://www.lenstore.es/c3/lentillas-mensuales

Like 1      
18 May 2021 5:22 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Hi Dave, also welcome!

You will find most opticians in Spain will offer a monthly subscription service for daily contact lenses. So see which opticians you have in the area. Then you can always go down organise it and then order from their online store if you prefer as they all have online stores these days.

A couple of examples :

https://www.afflelou.es/lentillas/

https://www.multiopticas.com/es/suscripcion_lentillas.html

Good luck

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 1      
19 May 2021 2:13 PM by DaveDogge Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Well Boots in the UK have 6 months worth of contact lenses that they decided to continue to direct debit me for despite their local Boots shutting down forever after lockdown and also writing to me stating that they are stopping my contact lenses. And after a few hoops the branch that has the contact lenses (far from my old uk home) requires a signed and dated sight test and also a signed and date eye health check that you have for contact lenses (check back of the eye, pressure test for glaucama where they blow air into your eye etc).

I hope I can find somewhere that can do those things and give me the paperwork I need here in madrid to send to Spain, it can be in Spanish.

Like 0      
19 May 2021 2:58 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

I am sorry Dave but this is EOS and what Boots do in the UK is irrelevant. When people immigrate to Spain they should consider all factors, especially healthcare. In my experience Spain healthcare is often superior to the UK. Next month I go for cataracts operation (no charge to me) and have only waited 6 weeks. Spain is an advanced country in healthcare and you will find opticians in every town, just go get sorted and forget Boots.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Costa del sol or Costa Calida - 4 posts
Tax - if refused residency - 3 posts
living in spain now - 12 posts
Iberdrola changing clients to Siesta Energy - 2 posts
New speed limits in force 11/05/2021 - 5 posts
Party wall - 2 posts
Gama builders - 0 posts
Game builders - 0 posts
Labels - 0 posts
Watchmanager - 4 posts
renewing spanish driving licence. - 2 posts
Hello - 4 posts
Guadalmina golf share - 0 posts
buying a small boat - 2 posts
ITV and insurance documents - 4 posts
Buying in Fuente de Piedra? - 7 posts
Pool builders in Costa blanca south - 1 posts
Student? - 1 posts
Ibi office estepona - 1 posts
Won cases so far in 2021 by Costaluz Lawyers - 0 posts
Owning a Spanish car as a Non-Resident - 24 posts
PCR Tests - 9 posts
scrapping a car - 2 posts
Low pressure from new water heater - 2 posts
Court costs - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x