Eu 90 day rule

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Apr 2021 9:57 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

What I can't understand is why the UK is allowing a EU citizen spend 180 day's in one go in the UK..but the EU are refusing to allow UK citizen the same rights...why are the EU being so difficult .........Because the EU didn't like the fact that the UK left their gravy train.

Like 6      
29 Apr 2021 11:01 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

"where is the determent to follow rules that are not enforced?" How do you know the rules won't be enforced?

I cancelled my gym membership. When I next turned up, they wouldn't let me in. I only wanted to use the treadmill for a couple of hours. Why are they being so difficult?

Let's get one thing straight: the EU have not changed or invented any rules for the UK. The UK has left the EU. If you are still blaming the EU for being difficult, or whatever, EU membership was never the problem, and Brexit wasn't the solution. 

This message was last edited by Roberto on 29/04/2021.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
29 Apr 2021 12:33 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

‘’How do you know the rules won't be enforced?’’ I don’t know, but the 90 day rule has existed for the past 45 years and has never been enforced. Maybe it’s just a storm in a teacup being talked up by drama queens. Perhaps only time will tell.

As for the UK 180 day rule, no one gets fined because most illegal over stayer’s don’t have sixpence to scratch their arse with, and the taxpayer pays their airfare to send them back to wherever they came from. In many cases the immigration hit squad captures illegal over stayer’s at great expense and then releases them on bail, never to be seen again.

Perhaps if any country is really serious about over stayer’s they would do the same as car hire companies and swipe a credit card with a refundable deposit. However the human rights anorak do gooder’s brigade would be out in force with their placards in Trafalgar Square provided it’s not benefit sign on day.

A cynical post I realise, but why do governments and bureaucrats make laws and rules that are either unenforceable or which they have no intension of ever enforcing.

Like 4      
30 Apr 2021 9:49 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Roberto..the EU is firmly to blame for the UK leaving the so called European union..Junker point blank refused to listen to the concerns of the British government and the British public .. when David Cameron asked for a temporary halt to uncontrollable migration into the UK ..the EU treated the UK government in a contemptible way ..the EU answer to the UK's problems was you  eat of the same table when you join the Union...this attitude is fine when all the members have the same on there table to offer ..but they didn't hence the Brexit.

Like 3      
30 Apr 2021 2:10 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

And as usual, we're back at the same old thing - them bloody forriners, init. cryingno

From no doubt one of your most trusted sources: "...bosses have 'concern' about the exodus of Eastern European workers following the pandemic and post-Brexit" Oh! surprise  And this from a rag which is probably more responsible for Brexit than anyone!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
30 Apr 2021 3:58 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

That 'Rag' has a daily distribution of about 1.2 million newspapers, the vote to leave the EU was about 17 million, hardly any sort of comparison.

Like 3      
30 Apr 2021 4:47 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Perhaps we are slightly off thread, but interesting. Link states:-

‘’Where have all the waiters gone? Home! Exodus of EU waiters and baristas leaves hospitality bosses battling to fill 355,000 roles before reopening while some say UK's furloughed workers are REFUSING to return’’

I must admit I have never really understood job vacancies versus unemployment (so called job seekers). Currently about 2 million unemployed claiming £74.70 each a week, that in total is £1.4940000 a week and excludes those with the bad back on permanent sick. Surley anyone can fry an egg and serve a plate of chips, or are the 2 million too proud to do that but not too proud to claim benefits from the taxpayer.

Like 3      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Floor Clause win - 0 posts
hearing aids - 0 posts
La Tercia Village Murcia - 0 posts
Lack of Communication from Spanish Lawyers - 6 posts
looking to rent long term - 0 posts
Padron Update non EU Citizens - 4 posts
Costaluz Lawyers - 0 posts
Stanley Johnson Holidays? - 8 posts
A strong battle against Supreme Court´s recent interpretation of Law 57/68 we are in - 10 posts
Getting Your House Bills Electronically When Stuck In The UK - 8 posts
Pain Clinic - 2 posts
Driver and campervan required June/July for Spain to UK repatriation 1 person, 2 cats and luggage - 0 posts
Mapfre insurance - 4 posts
Law changed to protect the councils ? - 6 posts
Where to get permission to be out in curfew? - 0 posts
Costaluz lawyers return of Off plan deposit plus costs and interest - 1 posts
planning permission for a swimming pool ?. - 3 posts
Still Waiting......... - 6 posts
Benamara/Benavista Footbridge over A7 Highway - 0 posts
Money Transfers - 12 posts
Let me help you! Expat in Spain (Andalusia) - Anything that needs to be done on your property... - 0 posts
New-Build Property and Guarantee Insurance - 2 posts
Playa flamenca Jumilla complex - 4 posts
Non-Lucrative Residence Visa - 20 posts
3% retention - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 47

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x