LA BODEGA BLANCA - ORANGE SQUARE MARBELLA

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Just a word of warning to those local to Marbella. Was out for my usual constitutional on Saturday (walk from Banus to the end of Marbella) - for a change when we hit Marbella we decided to wander up to Orange Square instead of continuing on to Marbella fishing port - we normally stop at the end have a drink and turn round for the trek back. So we went up into Orange Square and sat down at a place called La Bodega Blanca in the square - next to Baileys if you know where I mean - we ordered our normal bottle of "agua con gas con lima"  (sparkling water with lime cordial). It was a hot day so we decided on another (par for the course) - normally on the Paseo Maritimo you get the lime in a little jug and a half litre bottle of water for 1.50€ to 2€ - here they put the lime in the glass and the size of the water is 250ml - they charge €2.30 for the water and on top of that they charge a further €2 for the shot of lime cordial (4.30 for fizzy lime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - when the ticket came up for 8.60 I thought it was for all 4 drinks - in fact there was another ticket for the same amount underneath -. talk about daylight bloody robbery  

And they wonder why they get no trade!!!!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
01 Oct 2007 6:50 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
So why did you order the same again, Smiley!!???!  Ripped of once, okay, but twice??!!

Or, derrr, could it have been a double posting??

Lovely place, Orange Square, but really just a tourist trap.   Can charge what they like really!

Although the rate we're getting against the euro, don't think we'll be back there next time we're in town!!

Like 0      
01 Oct 2007 7:20 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Nice idea Jan but placed the order and then had another - its thirsty work all that walking - then asked for La Cuenta as is normal and gave the guy my 20€ note at the same time - if I hadnt already been given the change I would have refused to pay and let them call the old Bill - if accused of theft I would have based my defence on the basis they started it - agree its a tourist trap but have had slightly more expensive drinks there before and reconciled to pay it as it made a change - had I known what we were going to get stung for I wouldnt even have sat down.

It has been brought to my attention that if one has no money about ones perosn they cant do you for it (by a lawyer) - so revenge will be mine when I go back for a steak and salad - solomillo I think and then tell em I got no dough!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
01 Oct 2007 7:21 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Must have hit the post new thread twice button - just shows how pissed off I am!!!!

Like 0      
01 Oct 2007 7:24 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Eventually!!!

Doh!!

Like 0      
01 Oct 2007 9:00 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Well Smiley, I think we can all take it you will not be going their again??????????????     Did you confront them about the amount they charge???????????  Well I think  you have warned  a lot of people of drinking their.   Calm down now, you will only raise your blood pressure. Regards Pat 

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 12:00 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
No Pat you are actually wrong - we will be going there again - we will have fillet steak smoked salmon and anything else expensive that is on the menu - unfortunately we will not have means of payment (phones, watches jewellery and no designer label clothes) and we will let them call the police when we unfirtunately cannot pay the bill - ah shame -

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Mobile phones - 11 posts
Travel cots,High chairs etc - 3 posts
Urgently needed - 2 posts
Hi all anybody connected to Pereleja Golf ? - 1 posts
Help needed please!! - 13 posts
AIB Technical - a WARNING!!! - 8 posts
Forums - 75 posts
Iberian international - 9 posts
Roofing - 4 posts
Cheque made out to me in sterling can i put it in my spanish account - 1 posts
Frank & Veronica - 2 posts
janacky - 2 posts
R12 Developers in Cox - 0 posts
Fee free banking - 4 posts
Cox Developement sierra del sol - 4 posts
new to site need advice on furniture for propery please - 0 posts
Polaris World - Los Naranjos de Alhama - 2 posts
Visit La Medina de Banus - 4 posts
Looking for good sales/rental agent - 8 posts
Anyone know the address for the Policia Nacional in Gandia - 1 posts
Help - Broadband - 2 posts
Recommendations as to the best way to finance a property in Spain - 3 posts
PC gone to far again - The Red Arrows ?? - 14 posts
LHD UK registered Opel Vectra for sale in CB North £1,250 - 1 posts
Transferring a german plated car to spanish plates - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x