Advice please

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by nitram Star rating in castalla. 175 posts Send private message

Can anybody answer this for me please?

A brief outline

I live on a urbanization where we have not been handed over yet, have an unelected committee and pay no community fees.

There is a self elected chairman and reps

The self elected chairman has employed a firm to look at how we can have a smooth take over when it happens and roomer has it they will get the job as administrators.

A lot of people have had work done on there houses

Extensions

Extra rooms above roofs and in under builds

Swimming pools

Built on communal walls.

Guttering put up

Different coloured blinds

Changed the colour of walls

New drive ways in, and blocked off there original driveways

All of the above works have no Licences from Town Hall some work has been carried out by legal (i.e. registered) builders but some have not been.

What happens to these works that have been carried out when we are a community, how will these be rectified as I am on the understanding under Horizontal Law you can not change the outside appearance of your property

Andy

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 6:30 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hi Andy - one of EOS's legal peeps will answer this one, but once the community is finally up and running then the members will make a final desicion on things. There should have been licenses applied for but you will probably find most things will have to be accepted otherwise its a nightmare to undo.

Good luck with it

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 8:36 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

It would be interesting to know how your self elected chairman proposes to pay for the firm he employed to ensure a smooth take over.......................unless there has been an agreed Community Fee at a properly constituted  AGM there is no money to spend and if the 'chairperson' has not been elected by the AGM he cannot spend the money anyway.

You will probably find that the works already done will get to stay, this is what usually happens and, as has already been said , it is very difficult to sort out after the event. Unfortunately, works of this kind tend to set a precident once someone has done something someone else is bound to jump on the bandwaggon and it's virtually impossible to explain that just cos it was done before the handover doesn't make it ok!

Perhaps you need to chat to others on your urbto see what they think..............you certainly need to do a bit of sorting so that the self elected chairman does not over rule everyone.

Good luck and keep us in touch.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Barcelona football tickets champions league - 0 posts
Anyone waiting to move to Spain - 50 posts
Daya Vieja football match September 8th, 2007 - 5 posts
Makro card Alicante - 1 posts
Christmas in Spain - 4 posts
LONG TERM LET NEEDED - 1 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL NEEDED - 3 posts
long term let needed - 3 posts
Agents and can we?? - 15 posts
British beds or Spanish - 37 posts
Advice/ Help Please - 0 posts
looking for unfurnished long term rentals costa del sol - 8 posts
LA BODEGA BLANCA - ORANGE SQUARE MARBELLA - 6 posts
Mobile phones - 11 posts
Travel cots,High chairs etc - 3 posts
Urgently needed - 2 posts
Hi all anybody connected to Pereleja Golf ? - 1 posts
Help needed please!! - 13 posts
AIB Technical - a WARNING!!! - 8 posts
Forums - 75 posts
Iberian international - 9 posts
Roofing - 4 posts
Cheque made out to me in sterling can i put it in my spanish account - 1 posts
Frank & Veronica - 2 posts
janacky - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x