Agents and can we??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by Tornado Star rating in Sale, Cheshire/Blue .... 47 posts Send private message

Tornado´s avatar

I'm a great believer in telling people of either good or bad experiences. I am sure we all have a story to tell or buying abroad. But not wanting to get told off - would like to know the rules and regulations of being able to talk about my experience etc? Could I for instance name the large (metaphorically speaking of course) agent who 'sold's to us by name and therein lay the tale of woe and sorrow or would I be berated by one and all for naming and shaming.

See I have learnt my lesson and dont tornado into things anymore - its only taken me (cough, cough) years to get here - but hey we all have our own personal goals in life and I've still got a long way to go but I am getting there..

Tornado

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 10:44 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Tornado,

Some time ago, one of the Agent members here on EOS, did exactly what you are asking in your post.

I believe this led to all sorts of problems for the member from the person/company that was "slated".

However, I believe in freedom of speech and naming & shaming bad companies.

Personally, I would tell the story, without naming names, but giving "clues to their identity", idiot proof ones of course!

Also, I am not sure that the site owner Justin would be overly pleased if any named company was berated on this forum, as at the end of the day, it';s his head on the chopping block and his money that would have to pay any libel fine!

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 1:15 PM by Tornado Star rating in Sale, Cheshire/Blue .... 47 posts Send private message

Tornado´s avatar

Hi FibbyUK

Thanks for your response and yes, you are quite right. There's a certain amount of etiquette really. I just dont want anyone else to go through what I and lots of other people have been through because of this organisation(s) - I do that in plural because they come under many different guises with father/daughter running two of the company's.

Maybe I could do it if someone wanted to be helped/know my situation they could pm me, that would be better than broadcasting the whole sorry saga on the forum for all to see who might not want to read it.

Anyway, thanks again for our response - much appreciated.

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 1:55 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Yes that would be best - we all enjoy the banter and would name and shame - after all there is no reason why the company could not put their side in the debate is there?

I know if I had done something wrong I would be shamed on here (well pretty sure anyway) and I would then have to defend myself or own up and admit my mistake.

But perhaps put up a thread when people could PM you for your views and where you could freely name the company you recomend avoiding?

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 1:59 PM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

Tornado- what's the matter with you !!

In 2003 I purchased an off - plan house from ATLAS INTERNATIONAL. The house was never built. I was offered another house from the same builder TECNOLOGIA URBANISTICA and used the ATLAS INTERNATIONAL lawyer AROCA SEIQUER & ASOCIADOS. I payed cash for the house. Today I have no Escatura as the builder has a mortgage on my land for 102,000 euros. Now that is all fact. Today I have reported ATLAS INTERNATIONAL to Surrey trading standards for breaking all their promises ie taking all the worry out of buying in Spain etc. There have been many news items in the papers about TU in the last few weeks and according to the PSOE party in OC, they are acting illegally. As for the lawyers allowing the the sale to go through - well what the bloody hell are the lawyers there for! On top of that the builders have failed to complete the urbanisation and there is no certificate of habitation so thanks to ATLAS INTERNATIONAL

I am an illegal immigrant (no padron)

Do not own the house I payed ATLAS INTERNATINAL for so therefore cannot sell it.

Cannot vote

Cannot legally buy a car etc etc   SO GO ON SUE ME.

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 2:20 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

I thnk that you are quite right to post your complaint and if I was in your position I would be having a ' marketing campaign against the Agent on the web and anywhere I could until I received satisfaction.....full title to the property or money back  

I woul also send them copies and post them for display outside as many of their exhibitions as I can get to and on their displays at Airports, even stand outside their offices in Spain to give a leaflet out to any potential customers  

At all times you should make sure that you tell Atlas what you intend to do so that they are given a chance to respond

Now I do not know all the facts of this case and there are situations where problems do arise in Spain [ and for that matter in UK] where the agents have had no knowledge or control over the problems 

In some situations even the developer may have been acting properly and then matters outside his control cause serious problems

But at all times the Agent should help the client to acheive a satisfactory outcome

So make sure your facts are right before you attack them in this way!!!!

Post such as this also serve to warn new buyers that;

Make sure that the development has the permits

Do not hand over money without a ' bank guarantee'

Do not pay black money

Do not complete on builders electric and water

Do not complete without a habitation certificate    

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 2:37 PM by Tornado Star rating in Sale, Cheshire/Blue .... 47 posts Send private message

Tornado´s avatar

Ahh welcome fellow inmate Fly - you're braver than me! But well done for naming and shaming but one of the agents - dont forget its sister company tho! I'm also finding out the other companies they have too.

Glad you've done your bit to  Trading Standards - sent mine yesterday!

Rowlandsbb - its a sad fact but true - they knew alright what they were doing. They did this to 200 + on our supposed urb alone. What they didnt realise is some of the people they did this to had a brain and took on board/made notes/took names/times/dates etc.  What one stupid employee did too was leave me in his office with my file - very silly thing to do young man.....................They knew the build wasnt going to happen and when we first paid the deposit I asked for just a couple of weeks to sort out the mortgage on the property - I was told in no uncertain terms that they would not wait. Wonder what the hurry was when they knew it was all denounced and never going to get built on!

We are bitter/angry/tired/upset - its been a very very long uphill struggle - a struggle which some are more prepared to take on than others - which is more the pity,.

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 2:41 PM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

Believe me rowlandsbb it is all true except possibly the amount owing on the land. That was the last figure the lawyers gave me. There are about 200 of us in this situation. There is an article in today's Leader newspaper that I will copy and post.

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 2:45 PM by Tornado Star rating in Sale, Cheshire/Blue .... 47 posts Send private message

Tornado´s avatar

Just to add to this too - I do know that exhibitions have been boycotted - I know someone who has managed now to boycott at least 3.

Fly I've been told to get a copy of the Verdad & Informacion  Spanish papers today (orihuela)  and also Coastrider - I've text someone who is out there but he hasnt responded - can you get a copy of this paper along with Coastrider just in case?

Thanks

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 2:45 PM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

Tecnologia Breakdown

(Published: 01/10/2007  Edition No.: 180)

Celta’s trainer, Hristo Stoichkov
Show Gallery Celta’s trainer, Hristo Stoichkov

Orihuela’s PSOE party this week followed up their meeting with some 200 residents affected by the bad business practices of promoters that have not finished work on their urbanisations (as reported in last week’s Leader) by visiting some of the affected urbanisations. They held a press conference slamming those responsible for residents having “no habitation certificate and in the majority of cases are on builder’s supply of electricity and water.”

Other practices under fire included, “In some of these cases every two months they are left without electricity for the day, until the constructor pays and the electricity is put back on. Some of these urbanisations are in a lamentable state as they are unfinished; the streets are not asphalted and there are genuine rubbish tips around them.”

These problems are compounded for many who they say, “have no escrituras for their houses, despite many of them having paid the full price for their home.”

Urbanisations referred to specifically include: Bosque de las Lomas (fase I, II and III), Las Filipinas; Puerta Real (III and IV), Colinas de Puerta Real and Colinas de la Pinada in El Galán, Villa Costa, Macarena II and III in las Chismosas; Triana II and Colinas de la Zenia Élite in La Zenia and Villa Costa.

All of these cases have been built by the same promoter, Tecnología Urbanística.
PSOE party councillor Rosa Martínez went on to lament how “this disaster of urban development” damages the tourism industry that is vital to the economy of the coast.
She added that she has passed all the information on all these specific cases to those responsible at Orihuela Costa town hall “to take the opportune measures to resolve these problems as soon as possible.”

The party is also planning a meeting at the Asturias restaurant on Thursday at 7:30pm to collate further information from anyone affected by these issues. They will also be giving further advice on ways individuals can put pressure through direct action on UK based companies that continue to sell properties from such developers that subsequently go back on their obligations to their customers.

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 2:50 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Here you are, Tornado. Read it online yourself.

http://www.coastrider.net/

http://www.yourlocalnewspaper.info/news/index.php

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 2:52 PM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

Hi Tornado - you can read both The Leader and Coastrider online. Just google The Leader newspaper costa blanca and the same for the Coastrider. I didn't notice anything online in The Coastrider but I haven't seen a copy yet. I am feeling a bit steamed up today as I wrote off to to Surrey Trading Standards. Just writing the letter got me wound up!

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 2:57 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Talking about getting steamed up & I sympathise with you, Fly, I really do, I saw this just now which is near where our house is by the La Mata salt lake, though across the lake. Taken from http://www.costablanca-news.com/news/newssouth.htm

Outcry over development bid

By Dave Jones
A HOUSING complex is set to be built inside the 500-metre protection area which rings La Mata-Torrevieja natural park, it was revealed this week.

Green party spokesman José Manuel Dolón said that a local building company had applied to construct 349 properties at Lomas de Polo in La Mata.

He said the development – if approved – would be situated within the buffer zone which surrounds La Mata salt lake.

“This would lead to further human pressure on this natural park,” Sr Dolón said.

He went on to allege that the regional government in Valencia had shown ‘disinterest’ for many years in drawing up guidelines to ensure that the buffer zone –designed to protect the park proper from the impact of development – is itself protected.

The Green party has contacted the regional government to ask that the housing plan for the Lomas de Polo estate be rejected.

They have also asked the regional government to halt building on land in other municipalities which border La Mata salt lake, including large areas in Rojales.

Sr Dolón said that farming should be given priority on land around the two salt lakes.

“We should be promoting services related to the protection and conservation of this internationally important natural park,” he said.

djones@cbnews.es

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 7:40 PM by Tornado Star rating in Sale, Cheshire/Blue .... 47 posts Send private message

Tornado´s avatar

hi gang

Sorry missed a few posts there - thanks Morerosado I'm going to read those links.

Fly I so understand - we, like you, went through hell. Some may say I should just now sit back and enjoy but I cant. We are left with things to sort out - we were lucky, others peoples demise was our gain - it was only by per chance that our neighbour mentioned that the whole of the area hadnt had their deeds - we then employed a separate solicitor to the one recommended (surprise, surprise) and we paid no black money and what seemed like a disaster on the 11th hour of signing hour, (our solicitor phoned us just at the notary door to tell us to go back to the bank to get the draft made out to the bank and NOT the builder - best suggestion she has ever made) we got our deeds within a few months. But its all the other ('scuse the language) - sh*t we now have to put up with - lights not working/pool open access to all, never mind the health and safety hazard to animals and children. Other apartments not sold so therefore gardens becoming overgrown and derelict oh and I could go on and on.

What is sad is the area we are is potentially lovely - its got all the amenities if only someone would be prepared to take control and keep it tidy. Ah well, back to writing those letters me thinks.

Like 0      
03 Oct 2007 5:57 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi tornado,

I have read all the posts here and have a clearer picture of your problem.

I am so so sorry that your Spanish purchase has gone so horribly wrong.

We bought via Atlas, and we lucky I suppose, our builder was reputable and things went smoothly.

I don't suppose you want to hear that though!

I am disgusted that Atlas should have continued to sell propertied they knew ould not be built or that didn't have the correct licences. I wish you well in your fight with them and hoep Trading Standards come up trumps.

I don't know what you can do about the state of your Urb. Can you form an association now? Usually the builder starts it off and the owners take over. But what's to stop you banding together and forming a working party? You could then get some funds together, with a proper accounting system and get some jobs done. That way, you will feel a little happier living in a prettier place.

I wish you luck, let us all know how you get on with Trading Standards.

Kind regards

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
03 Oct 2007 8:04 PM by Tornado Star rating in Sale, Cheshire/Blue .... 47 posts Send private message

Tornado´s avatar

Hi Fibby

That's really kind of you - its so easy to say, well mine was fine - and I appreciate your kind words/thoughts. Out of the 12 apartments and 12 villas, only around 6 villas have been sold and 3 apartments. I'm not one to rest back on my laurels and last time I was out I sent as many letters as I could to everyone to try and get everyone together. But, as I'm sure you know, it isnt easy. I would so much more appreciate it if I 'we' could be in control. I would much prefer to be on proper electric and water so if we dont pay then it would be our fault but we are still dictated by the builder. I just dont know when you actually come off builders water/electric.

We, out of quite a few, were one of the lucky ones in as much we got wind of the no deeds situation and our solicitor, who was independent to the agents, was well in tune with what the builder was upto by the time we signed over. I just feel so desperately sorry for all the other people. As I say, a friend I have now made over on our Urb cant go back out as they really have had so much trauma - they love the place but find it impossible to re visit there and have made a pact they wont visit for another 2 years - how sad is that!

But thank you for your kind words, I appreciate all the help we can get. I just so wish our 'dream' hadnt turned into a nightmare - I can still see us sitting  there  on our inspection trip, sipping champagne with the other couple who bought on the same trip - little did we know it was going to turn into a nightmare 3 years on . I just get so cross that someone (English owned) can cause so much distress in peoples lives and it makes me so angry that they can dupe you in the way they do.

I've written to Trading Standards who have now put me onto consumers advice and I have sent my letter to them too - I wont stop advising people of our plight. I'm glad all went well with your move - hope you are enjoying Spain and the better weather.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

British beds or Spanish - 37 posts
Advice/ Help Please - 0 posts
looking for unfurnished long term rentals costa del sol - 8 posts
LA BODEGA BLANCA - ORANGE SQUARE MARBELLA - 6 posts
Mobile phones - 11 posts
Travel cots,High chairs etc - 3 posts
Urgently needed - 2 posts
Hi all anybody connected to Pereleja Golf ? - 1 posts
Help needed please!! - 13 posts
AIB Technical - a WARNING!!! - 8 posts
Forums - 75 posts
Iberian international - 9 posts
Roofing - 4 posts
Cheque made out to me in sterling can i put it in my spanish account - 1 posts
Frank & Veronica - 2 posts
janacky - 2 posts
R12 Developers in Cox - 0 posts
Fee free banking - 4 posts
Cox Developement sierra del sol - 4 posts
new to site need advice on furniture for propery please - 0 posts
Polaris World - Los Naranjos de Alhama - 2 posts
Visit La Medina de Banus - 4 posts
Looking for good sales/rental agent - 8 posts
Anyone know the address for the Policia Nacional in Gandia - 1 posts
Help - Broadband - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x