Taxes as an online teacher

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Jan 2020 2:42 PM by PJT91 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hey all!

I am now teaching English online in Spain and I'd like to know a little about my taxes. I work for one company that doesn't work with invoices which is based in the USA. I teach on their platform and they send my pay to my Paypal account every Monday. I have a tax advisor and she is asking for invoices. Also, this company pays me in USD which is then converted to euros through Paypal. Should I write an invoice even if it's not sent to them and if so should I use the amount of money after it's converted to euros? Thanks in advance!

Like 0      
19 Jan 2023 12:07 PM by InceVictor Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

It would be the best to follow your tax advisor suggestions. Ensure you are meeting all of your obligations.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2023 12:21 PM by KnoxJulian Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

As an online English teacher based in Spain, you are considered self-employed. So, you're responsible for reporting your income. It doesn't matter if the company you are working for issues invoices.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2023 2:34 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

You have a tax advisor and you are asking people tax questions who for the most part have no tax expierence of how Spain works fully when it comes to tax problems.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2023 3:50 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

And more to the point 3 years ago!!!! 

Like 1      
20 Jan 2023 3:31 PM by JoeFrederik7 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

As an online English teacher based in Spain, you are considered self-employed. So, you're responsible for reporting your income. It doesn't matter if the company you are working for issues invoices. Btw, it's convenient that you have a tax advisor. But she'd better insist on invoices if you want to avoid problems.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Becoming an estate agent - 13 posts
bank charges - 5 posts
Planning bathroom upgrade should a bathroom fan be considered - 6 posts
Moving to Spain because of BREXIT - 8 posts
Alicante airport fire - 2 posts
Holiday home in Almeria - 4 posts
Garden Rubbish - 15 posts
healthcare working in Gib living in Spain - 6 posts
Mercadona Renovations - 4 posts
Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Joining two Apartments together in an Apartment Block - 7 posts
Security advice, please - 2 posts
Which area to live in Spain - 4 posts
How do I get my apartment back? - 12 posts
Does anyone actually understand reclaiming Witholding Tax on Share Dividends if you are a UK resident - 30 posts
Bank´s liability on custody of off plan funds - 56 posts
Merry Christmas from CostaLuz Lawyers - 0 posts
Caretaker Government in Madrid trying to block the planning amnesty for rural homes in Andalusia - 2 posts
How to pay non-residents tax from England - 16 posts
Mobile Phone - 6 posts
Ideas for holiday home by coast - 4 posts
Can someone help me please with a witholding tax reclaim via 210 - 71 posts
Non resident taxes - form 210 - 11 posts
Selling My Quarter Share of My Spanish Apartment - 2 posts
Campo living: how does a deposito work? - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x