Totally Worn out struggling to get Witholding Tax on dividends refunded

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Nov 2019 12:24 AM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

Hi,   I am a UK resident with shares in IAG  /BA and Santander /Abbey National on which 19.5% Witholding Tax has been deducted 

Under Dual Taxation Treaty rules i am entitled to get 9.5% refunded by completing form 210  but Spanish Tax Agency website is now so unsafe that every search engine refuses to allow you to access it .

I now discover that in order to submit a 210  i must first obtain an NIE by actually making an appointment and  going to Spanish Embassy in London and added to train fares i must pay £8.50 for this NIE     and every bit of the stupid form to even obtain an NIE is in Spanish 

Then i find out that in order to even file the 210 i then have to go back to London again complete with NIE number , passport etc  in order to get a Digital Certificate 

It is therefore going to cost me way over £50 for the priveledge of struggling with Spanish in order to even submit a 210 in vain hope of getting back money Spain has absolutely no right to retain 

This is Beurocracy gone completely mad 

Are Spanish residents forced to jump through hoops like this with our HMRC 

Can someone please help me find a way through this maze its taken me months to get this far ...neither Spanish Embassy or Consulate reply to emails or phone calls and i am at my wits end 

Like 0      
21 Nov 2019 9:50 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

If you bought through a UK broker .. complain to the financial ombudsman.

Like 0      
21 Nov 2019 11:19 AM by Despair2 Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

I have had both sets of shares for over 12 years.......this crazy situation has only occured as a result of 2014 Dual Taxation Agreement signed by David Gauke MP

Its only in last couple of years that there have even been any dividends on IAG since BA moved its head office to Spain 

It is definitely  Spain who has deliberately installed massive road blocks in the way of UK residents reclaiming what is rightfully theirs ....plus since the Spanish Tax Agency website is considered totally unsafe by all the search engines you cannot even file a complaint 

2 companies used to deal with these claims but they have pulled out because Spanish Tax office will not cooperate 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Justice at last! - 1 posts
need instalation for solar pool heater - 0 posts
free banking? - 6 posts
Buying a house in Sa Pobla, Mallorca - 1 posts
Fee hike without warning - legal? - 16 posts
Orange fibre optic - 2 posts
210 declaration - 8 posts
Advice on Sierra Golf - 8 posts
ROAD TRIP FROM ALMERIA TO GIRONA MARCH - JUNE 2020 4 MONTHS - 5 posts
ING DIRECT free banking? - 5 posts
Starling Bank Euro Account - 66 posts
De Registering my stolen car - 2 posts
Are Ammex still in business - 13 posts
New scooter purchase - apartment owner, non-resident - 5 posts
bank charges - 43 posts
New Spanish licence taking ages! - 2 posts
IBI Los Alcazares - 7 posts
RE: Servicing of Gas Equipment ie Gas Stove Hobs & Gas Heaters - 2 posts
12 years after deposit paid.... - 6 posts
Full Deposit Plus Fees Refunded - 16 posts
Community fees - 5 posts
having a tow bar fitted - 1 posts
Advice Please - Re-Rgeistering my GB car from Spanish plates back to UK - 5 posts
Contracting for overseas employer as Autonomo - 2 posts
"Bosque verde" toilet products. - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x