Orange fibre optic

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Nov 2019 7:39 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Is there anyone on here have Orange Fibra, also known as Mi-fibra, for telephone and internet?

We have been with Orange ADSL since 2012 and had absolutely no trouble whatsoever. Following several emails, we decided to T lurch into the 21st century and upgrade to fibre optic.

It was duly installed last week - unlike in England where the fibre optic cable only runs to the distribution box anything up to 300 metres away and the rest of the way is the old copper cable, here they run the fibre into the property and right into the router  - and away we went!, Unfortunately, we also had to have a new number beginning with 8.

Everything was good until I discovered a problem. Basically, I can phone anywhere in the world from my landline and can receive calls - except from England! (Not tried to receive any other international calls). Any English landline calling me gets a recorded message saying that the number cannot be recognised, and any English mobile gets a message saying that the number has not yet been allocated.

Three visits from engineers, the router has been changed and the line has been checked, all to no avail.

Anyone else had any similar problems?

Thanks.

Steve

Steve.

Like 0      
12 Nov 2019 9:56 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2328 posts Send private message

We get the same messages as yours trying to phone a friend in Spain, from the UK, and even when in Spain,  mobile or landline, we couldn't even call her sitting next to her in the same room. Me and Mrs B were on Orange a few years back  with both our mobiles, and we couldn't call each other in the same room, then I changed to o2 on my mobile, Mrs B still on Orange,  still couldn't call her in the same room from my o2 phone. Orange said that couldn't happen, must be the phone, okay, both new Iphones, and never a problem since both on o2.

Not much use for you I know...About as much use as Orange were to us.

Like 0      
13 Nov 2019 12:27 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

EE bought over orange a while ago. When I come to Spain the EE acount on my phone changes to Orange. There are numbers I can't call when this happens. The difficulties you are having may be part of a much wider problem.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

210 declaration - 8 posts
Advice on Sierra Golf - 8 posts
ROAD TRIP FROM ALMERIA TO GIRONA MARCH - JUNE 2020 4 MONTHS - 5 posts
ING DIRECT free banking? - 5 posts
Starling Bank Euro Account - 66 posts
De Registering my stolen car - 2 posts
Are Ammex still in business - 13 posts
New scooter purchase - apartment owner, non-resident - 5 posts
bank charges - 43 posts
New Spanish licence taking ages! - 2 posts
IBI Los Alcazares - 7 posts
RE: Servicing of Gas Equipment ie Gas Stove Hobs & Gas Heaters - 2 posts
12 years after deposit paid.... - 6 posts
Full Deposit Plus Fees Refunded - 16 posts
Community fees - 5 posts
having a tow bar fitted - 1 posts
Advice Please - Re-Rgeistering my GB car from Spanish plates back to UK - 5 posts
Contracting for overseas employer as Autonomo - 2 posts
"Bosque verde" toilet products. - 9 posts
Caravan towing - 5 posts
AMBULATORIA ESTEPONA DISCRIMINATION - 4 posts
Fuengirola - 2 posts
SPANISH LESSONS MOJACAR - 2 posts
iPad battery - 1 posts
Hi from an Owner in Tenerife - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x