Advice on Sierra Golf

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Nov 2019 3:04 PM by colnecreek Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

We are thinking of buying on Sierra Golf,is there an English community there,are there activities to join in with,apart from the Golf,     how far are the nearest supermarkets,? How far to the beaches,restaurants,  so many questions,we don't want to waste our money.......is it in the middle of nowhere,? Is there transport nearby or do you have to have a car,?    Any advice and suggestions very welcome,  Thankyou Malcolm and Anne.....

Like 0      
07 Nov 2019 6:39 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

you'll need a motor. Mar Menor beaches about 30 minutes away by car. Sucina's a cool wee place, lots of Brits. Never been on Sierra golf 

Like 2      
07 Nov 2019 9:30 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Why are you even considering buying on a golf resort .. when you don't play golf ..why are you thinking of buying a property in a location you no nothing about .. surely it's best to visit the place first then you can make up your own mind ...even though you don't play golf you will still need to pay towards the upkeep of the golf course ... these properties look cheap ..but I think you should make enquiries about the yearly maintenance charges.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 07/11/2019.

Like 3      
08 Nov 2019 8:34 AM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

I agree with Windy.

We pay around 500 euros per year community fees, at a nearby Golf course the fees are between 1200 and 1500 euros per year. The other point is that some Golf complexes are like ghost towns during the off peak months. My advice if you are determined to buy in Spain is to pay more and choose a large village or small town where life generally continues as normal during the winter months, and unless you are fluent in Spanish, one where there are some ex pats living I would also recommend that you stay in the proposed are for a minimum of 2 weeks to get a feel for the place.

Like 3      
08 Nov 2019 9:09 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Colnecreek ... Google property for sale in Camposol ...the property is cheap / loads of British / people live on the urbanisation all year round / only 15 mins for the beach / take a holiday in any place that you are thinking about buying in before you part with your money.

Like 1      
14 Nov 2019 9:01 PM by angeleyes1 Star rating in Camposol & Bradford. 403 posts Send private message

angeleyes1´s avatar

Watch this before you by anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLOU5Vdg2wY  

Like 0      
14 Nov 2019 11:31 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Sierra Golf is not like a a normal golf resort, its not gated or has sercurity guards on 24/7 so most of the comments below are from people who have never been to the place, you will need a car as its out in the hills. Go and have a look and rent for a week. 

This message was last edited by newworld on 15/11/2019.

Like 1      
16 Nov 2019 1:18 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I drive by sierra golf twice per week and driven round it more than once .. it's not way up in the hills as New world said it is in the country side ..you need car without a doubt ..as you are many miles away from shopping and night life ..the beach is a good 45 minutes drive ..the property is cheap and also very attractive ..it is  very quiet in the winter when it turns in to a ghost town ..like most holiday type places in Spain do ... due to a lack of permanent residence.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 16/11/2019.

Like 1      
16 Nov 2019 9:43 AM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Windy 45 mins to the beach is that you walking it, its 20 at  mins at most. I do the trip once a week in a car from Balcicas to los Alcázares 

15 min (16.7 km)
via RM-19

This message was last edited by newworld on 16/11/2019.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ROAD TRIP FROM ALMERIA TO GIRONA MARCH - JUNE 2020 4 MONTHS - 5 posts
ING DIRECT free banking? - 5 posts
Starling Bank Euro Account - 66 posts
De Registering my stolen car - 2 posts
Are Ammex still in business - 13 posts
New scooter purchase - apartment owner, non-resident - 5 posts
bank charges - 43 posts
New Spanish licence taking ages! - 2 posts
IBI Los Alcazares - 7 posts
RE: Servicing of Gas Equipment ie Gas Stove Hobs & Gas Heaters - 2 posts
12 years after deposit paid.... - 6 posts
Full Deposit Plus Fees Refunded - 16 posts
Community fees - 5 posts
having a tow bar fitted - 1 posts
Advice Please - Re-Rgeistering my GB car from Spanish plates back to UK - 5 posts
Contracting for overseas employer as Autonomo - 2 posts
"Bosque verde" toilet products. - 9 posts
Caravan towing - 5 posts
AMBULATORIA ESTEPONA DISCRIMINATION - 4 posts
Fuengirola - 2 posts
SPANISH LESSONS MOJACAR - 2 posts
iPad battery - 1 posts
Hi from an Owner in Tenerife - 13 posts
Yearly Tax on Form 210 for non-residents - 1 posts
Helpline in English for Santander es? - 20 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x