Helpline in English for Santander es?

This thread is currently locked.

:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Oct 2019 1:18 PM by PMillsom Star rating in Midlands. 469 posts Send private message

PMillsom´s avatar

Santander have since 14th Sept changed access process and codes to on-line banking and I'm locked out.The website claims to have sent me new codes by email but no sign of these.

Their helpline has a rapid burst of pre-recorded fastly spoken spainish prompts and I'm unable to get through.

When I was with BancoPoplar before the takeover by Sandtander there was an English helpline.

Do anyone know if Santander ES has similar or what key to press on the regular helpline to get through to an english speaker?  Else it will have to wait until my next visit to Spain 

thanks

Like 0      
04 Oct 2019 4:57 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Have you tried this number? 0034912737090. Its the number gven on their english written website

https://www.bancosantander.es/es/particulares/cuentas-corrientes/non-resident-bank-account-spain

This message was last edited by Jarvi on 04/10/2019.

Like 0      
07 Oct 2019 1:50 PM by PMillsom Star rating in Midlands. 469 posts Send private message

PMillsom´s avatar

thanks - great that has an English option by default.  all agents busy and long wait but as its 13:45 there I guess it better to call them back after 14:00.

Like 1      
27 Feb 2020 10:00 AM by dazwsmith Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi ,i am keen to know how you got on, i also have a spanish bank acount but its the old fasioned book, i downloaded the santander es app but as i guessed its in spanish. still trying to figure out if i can register my account for online banking via the app. in spain they dont seem to use the same format as in the uk, sort code and account number ect.

i did go into the santander bank last time i was in spain and enquired but they spoke less english than i did spanish which is very little.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2020 3:13 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

Sad to report that the reviews of Santander Bank do not inspire confidence going forward, I'm afraid.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.bancosantander.es

You would think that this form of feedback would be taken seriously by Santander if they wish to be thought of as a reliable and trusted Bank going forward.

Likewise with Santander in the UK....

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.santander.co.uk

This message was last edited by ads on 27/02/2020.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2020 4:19 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

The main problem is the language. British think everyone in the world should respect the English language and be fluent in it.  Spanish seem to prefer their own Spanish language, and if you do not understand it, that is your problem. Fair enough.

Like 1      
27 Feb 2020 5:08 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

No the main problem is not acknowledging the problems with a willingness to resolve them.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2020 6:26 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

No, there will always be difficulties with two different countries that have a different language, different cultures and different laws.

Like 1      
27 Feb 2020 6:47 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

These problems appear to exist with this bank where there isn't a different language to blame.... It sadly appears endemic in the Banks culture which is not only sad but appears as an arrogance dismissive of customers.

Denial of genuine problems that need rectifying cannot be defended.

This message was last edited by ads on 27/02/2020.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2020 8:23 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

No ads, when in Rome and all that lot. ** EDITED - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 2/27/2020 9:50:00 PM.

Like 1      
27 Feb 2020 9:14 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

Kavanagh,

You haven't appreciated the problems that ALSO exist with this bank in the UK. 

Like 0      
27 Feb 2020 10:52 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

The original post only refers to Santander ES. no

Like 1      
27 Feb 2020 11:23 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

Kavanagh,

So you are content to ignore the behaviour and disrespect  for customers by the Santander bank in Spain preferring to suggest customers should accept this under the surmise " this is Spain"?  

That is equally disrespectful of those who deserve support.

Best we leave it there..

Like 0      
29 Feb 2020 1:53 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

How many UK banks have help lines in Spanish?

Like 1      
29 Feb 2020 2:39 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

More importantly (and given the large number of expats in Spain), with relevance to concerns expressed re the Santander Bank  in Spain and how they sadly do  not appear to be responding to genuine customer concerns, which Spanish Banks have reputable help lines in English and where necessary good customer support in branch, to act as an alternative for expat customers to transfer their custom to? 

This message was last edited by ads on 29/02/2020.

Like 0      
29 Feb 2020 3:33 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

Like 0      
29 Feb 2020 4:47 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

Kavanagh,

Sabadell used to be very accommodating of English speaking expats so it is sad to hear that you have little confidence in any Banks in Spain, in terms of customer service.

I withdrew my last posting re Sabadell's welcome message, ( as an alternative Bank to Santander), having seen the recent reviews on trust pilot!

Your inference is that English speaking expats have to take translators with them whenever they have complexities to resolve, rather than the Spanish Banks be willing to cater for their large expat communities.

Says it all really.... 

Yes reality rules, but it doesn't prevent others from genuinely aspiring to do something to improve the situation or try and support those in need of assistance, as opposed to rhetoric which unnecessarily undermines belittles and creates division.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

This thread is currently locked.

Previous Threads

Business Non_Profit Cheque Account closed at Solbank in 2019 - 3 posts
Tamara Essex - 0 posts
WEATHER MOJACAR PLAYA - 3 posts
Pre house purchase Walk Through - 4 posts
Recent Storms - 8 posts
Builder looking for work - 27 posts
Rental sites - 8 posts
Returning after 6 years in UK - 76 posts
I'm selling my 2 bedroom flat in Torrequebrada(Malaga) - 2 posts
RECIPROCITY - IN A 'NO DEAL ' CONTEXT - 18 posts
Latest weather and Murcia airport - 24 posts
Operation Yellow Hammer - 159 posts
A Cunning Plan.. - 4 posts
Funeral Plan Sellers - 25 posts
renewing passport - 22 posts
Am I a "squatter"? - 13 posts
A Real Indiana Jones - 0 posts
Leeds Bradford to Murcia Ryanair Winter Flights Cancelled - 1 posts
Changing to individual water accounts - 9 posts
Dance Teacher - 0 posts
Keeping Your Cash Safe - 10 posts
Residencia query - 3 posts
Change in Administator -AGM or EGM - 10 posts
What Spanish Banks should offer every UK mortgage holder ( 2 x 1) - 13 posts
I'm spanish, maybe moving to Tenerife (various questions) - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 21

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x